Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2022 Qualifiers - Other Games Thread (AFC & beyond)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Timewasting optima forma has started, even under Advocaat
    Iran deserves better, TM deserves better.
    O.G from '97 & still here

Comment

I take my comment back before….Iraq actually look good defensively they look very organized and tough but offensively their striker with the pony tail keeps messing up for them every time he gets the ball in a good area I really hope he plays against us
      Team Meli Iran
      Perspolis FC
      Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

Iraq is the new Iran.
        Avocado is the new Carlos.

Comment

1 minute left (and some extra time), lets keep it a tie boys

Comment

Originally posted by ashimashi View Post
            Iraq is the new Iran.
            Avocado is the new Carlos.
            In their dreams XD'

going into extra time; 4 minutes left !

Comment

Am I the only one who wanted Korea to win? Since two teams qualify it Would be Nice if Korea just won against all the other teams. That Would make it better for us

Comment

Originally posted by pajamNL View Post
                In their dreams XD'

going into extra time; 4 minutes left !
                I meant stylistically! :-) Park-the-bus supreme.

Comment

FT 0-0! Great result for our boys!

Arogh has tired themselfs and received 3 yellow cards , we have to kick their asses so hard in our next game!!

Comment

Iraq:Korea FT 0:0.

Iraq's defense is organized and good. Nonetheless Korea got several scoring chances, including some good ones.

Offensively, Iraq looked weak, mainly because of their striker. The other offensive players did create some danger at times.

Koreas's passing is precise and they developed some good offensive chances. Their defense is ok, but I don't think they will hold up against Iran superior offense. Korea also play with much energy and speed which makes them dangerous, combined with their precision and fighting spirit they always remain dangerous and should not be taken lightly.

It looked to me as if Korea was trying way harder to score than Iraq did. I'm wondering though if Iraq held back a bit in this game in order to preserve energy against Iran. Maybe Iraq figured they'd be happy with a draw against Korea and then go all out against Iran?

In any case a draw is of course a good result for us.
                    (My observations are based on the 2nd half which is all I watched).

Comment

SK not as strong as in years gone by but Iraq have also improved. Gonna be difficult to beat either of these teams with Slobodan Skocic's warcrime team selections and his no tactics just vibes approach.

Comment

A goalless draw between Iraq and South Korea. Great result for us. Now let's take care of business and take 3 points from Syria and start this campaign as group leader.

Comment

Iraq will always motivate themselves to play against us. It doesn’t matter their form or who is available.

Comment

Originally posted by ParthianDE View Post
                            Iraq:Korea FT 0:0.

Iraq's defense is organized and good. Nonetheless Korea got several scoring chances, including some good ones.
                            Offensively, Iraq looked weak.

Koreas's passing is precise and they developed some good offensive chances. Their defense is ok, but I don't think they will hold up against Iran superior offense. Korea also play with much energy and speed which makes them dangerous, combined with their precision and fighting spirit they always remain dangerous and should not be taken lightly.

It looked to me as if Korea was trying way harder to score than Iraq did. I'm wondering though if Iraq held back a bit in this game in order to preserve energy against Iran. Maybe Iraq figured they'd be happy with a draw against Korea and then go all out against Iran?

In any case a draw is of course a good result for us.

(My observations are based on the 2nd half which is all I watched).
                            I was not that impressed with any of the two teams to be honest. SK didn't come further than the 16 meter outer line and this is was not only because the Arabs where so good in defensing , but also because of lack of sharpness & hustle from the Koreans.

What we can say about the Arabs is that Advocaat has brought more disciplined team and less khar to khari play. They are disciplined & aggressive and against us offcourse SUPER SEYED 2. ; - )

But both teams are more than beatable for our star studded TM, the question is if our team is as organised and dsicpilined as they were with King Q.

Comment

a shit game, korea reminded me about same old korea lot of possession and quick passing, no goalscoring abilities or shot on goals.
                              iraq looked ok in defence, timewasted alot (offcource) and attack was crappy.
                              Supporting Team Melli

Comment

Originally posted by pajamNL View Post
                                I was not that impressed with any of the two teams to be honest. SK didn't come further than the 16 meter outer line and this is was not only because the Arabs where so good in defensing , but also because of lack of sharpness & hustle from the Koreans.

What we can say about the Arabs is that Advocaat has brought more disciplined team and less khar to khari play. They are disciplined & aggressive and against us offcourse SUPER SEYED 2. ; - )

But both teams are more than beatable for our star studded TM, the question is if our team is as organised and dsicpilined as they were with King Q.
                                Yes, I was not impressed with either as well (although Korea did have several on target attempts from closer than 16m?), but neither should be underestimated.

Comment

Working...
                                X