Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2022 Qualifiers - Other Games Thread (AFC & beyond)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Babak500 View Post
    israel got an easy group this time and they could qualify. potentially absolute catastrophe for us.
    Hosele Dari?

Comment

Originally posted by Babak500 View Post
      israel got an easy group this time and they could qualify. potentially absolute catastrophe for us.
      Denmark is unreachable. The best they can hope for is playoffs. They need to beat two different teams. Some big names such as Spain or Netherlands could be in the playoffs. Even though Israel improved they are still not good enough to qualify.

Comment

Originally posted by MucizeLions1992 View Post
        Denmark is unreachable. The best they can hope for is playoffs. They need to beat two different teams. Some big names such as Spain or Netherlands could be in the playoffs. Even though Israel improved they are still not good enough to qualify.
        Glad to hear!
        Sign against banning Iran from WorldCup!!!
        http://new.petitiononline.com/IRANWC06/petition.html

Comment

Yeah Israel can suck it

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Nokhodi View Post
            They have been one of the luckiest teams when it comes to penalties for at least 30 years.
            I want to do a numbers analysis one day when I get a chance to see the number of penalties they're awarded on average compared to others.
            You really think it's luck?
            I went to Sharif University. I'm a superior genetic mutation, an improvement on the existing mediocre stock.

Comment

Originally posted by Keshwardoost View Post
              So if Ronaldo was saudi he would have 300 goals by now 200 of them penalties
              Abu Al Ron Al Dohaili
              Hahahaha too funny

Comment

Originally posted by KC McElroy View Post
                You really think it's luck?
                Of course not.

Comment

I guess they were happy with the 0-0 draw after the match...

Comment

Originally posted by diz View Post
                    I guess they were happy with the 0-0 draw after the match...

That’s pretty much the highlight of Justin Meram’s career!

Comment

Agree

However, the next world cup with 48 teams (half the world lol) then you could see Iran grouping up with Israel and that would be major issue!

One would hope that the Arab countries have not gone to friendly with Israel (e.g. UAE) so we aren't the odd one out, with the current anti west/Israel government and they would make sure the draw wont have any of them in the same group by putting them in the same class/ ranking even if its not truly accurate but as an exemption.

Than like what you said, neither Iran, Israel or any Arab countries would be strong enough for both to go all the way to Semi final to meet each other, well not in next 10 to 15 years anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by OFFSIDE_1 View Post
                        they went down from 1-0 to up 3-1 due to a corrupt ref.

First penalty was extremely suspect. Looked like his hand was in a natural position sliding. Second one was a clear one to me.

Also a second yellow for unintentional hand ball? That's harsh
                        Last edited by Hosseini; 09-02-2021, 09:59 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Shaz110 View Post
                          Agree

However, the next world cup with 48 teams (half the world lol) then you could see Iran grouping up with Israel and that would be major issue!

One would hope that the Arab countries have not gone to friendly with Israel (e.g. UAE) so we aren't the odd one out, with the current anti west/Israel government and they would make sure the draw wont have any of them in the same group by putting them in the same class/ ranking even if its not truly accurate but as an exemption.

Than like what you said, neither Iran, Israel or any Arab countries would be strong enough for both to go all the way to Semi final to meet each other, well not in next 10 to 15 years anyway.
                          no europe wont get many more spots for coming world cup. big winners are asia and africa

Comment

I do not think Iran and Israel could be drawn in the same group. We have seen before that two countries in conflict cannot be drawn in the same group.

Examples from europe qualification:
                            Armenia and Azerbaijan, Kosovo and Bosnia and Herzegovina, Kosovo and Serbia, Kosovo and Russia, and Ukraine and Russia

Comment

Originally posted by Ab-Gosht View Post
                              no europe wont get many more spots for coming world cup. big winners are asia and africa
                              They get 3 more. Even without those 3 I wouldn't rule them out. After all the likes of Slovenia and Iceland have qualified from Europe in the past.
                              I went to Sharif University. I'm a superior genetic mutation, an improvement on the existing mediocre stock.

Comment

Originally posted by Iman_Joon View Post
                                I do not think Iran and Israel could be drawn in the same group. We have seen before that two countries in conflict cannot be drawn in the same group.

Examples from europe qualification:
                                Armenia and Azerbaijan, Kosovo and Bosnia and Herzegovina, Kosovo and Serbia, Kosovo and Russia, and Ukraine and Russia
                                The countries you mentioned have a history of wars with each other. That's something different. We never were in a war with Israel. So I fear FIFA would not take Iran/Israel into the same category.

Algeria tends also to not recignize Israel. Quite a few of their athletes refused to fight with Israel.
                                If there are several Arab countries at the same World Cup we could be lucky and FIFA takes that into consideration.
                                As long as we would be the only "risk" I don't think they will consider it.

Comment

Working...
                                X