Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2022 Qualifiers - Other Games Thread (AFC & beyond)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Nokhodi View Post
    The reason it is getting so much coverage is that its a trial run for the World Cup.
    The camerawork, stadiums, graphics, presentations, its exactly how the World Cup will be televised/staged.
    All these deserves 15min max. Don't need to show all the goals, the results etc.

Comment

Originally posted by kastro View Post
      As an Egyptian, I don't care about any other nation that's participating in the Arab cup, nor their football history.
      We are the most successful African team with a record 7 AFCON titles. Also most times finished as runner up. No African or Asian team has come close to achieving more than us on their own continent. We also currently have the best player in the world.
      Hello everyone. 👋

Just wanted to chime in on this topic.

Iranians are really making a big deal out of these Asian-Arab teams. There is a weird fetishism some of us have with foreigners, especially our neighbors. Let's not make a giant out of UAE, Iraq, Bahrain, Oman? They are all big jokes, from their teams to individual players, just go check their World Cup qualification records. It's horrendous. If these players were Iranians, you would never, ever talk about them and laugh at them for being nobodies. This is a also a joke tournament that is only being used to test the visuals of the upcoming World Cup. It has no significance otherwise - the fact Iraq has won it four times shows how pathetically weak of a tournament it is.

Egypt, Morocco, Algeria and Tunisia are the only MENA team outside Iran you should care about, from a footballing sense. No one else matters, not even Saudi because we know they will get battered at the World Cup even with a great coach like Renard.

Comment

Syria with an impressive 2-0 win against Tunisia in the Arab Cup

Many of you guys will disagree, but I love seeing Asian teams winning against non-asian teams no matter what. Makes Iran look better...

Comment

Originally posted by Iranianarsenal11 View Post
          Syria with an impressive 2-0 win against Tunisia in the Arab Cup

Many of you guys will disagree, but I love seeing Asian teams winning against non-asian teams no matter what. Makes Iran look better...
          It's exactly the same with me, haha!

Comment

Originally posted by khodam View Post
            Woo! This is a loaded post. Is there a reason you are cursing at 16 countries simply because they have a football tournament? There are near one billion Arab speaking people of different racial heritage in Asia and Africa. Is it a crime to speak Arabic?
            I personally think you are confusing Arabs for what we have done to ourselves. Just an opinion and no merits on what I am about to say next.
            But nevertheless, please keep up with the forum rules and do not stereotype or insult a large group of people.
            Thank you.
            Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            I think you misunderstood my post and didn't really catch the point!

I was not trying to propagate hate towards Arabs or anyone else. That would be the last thing I ever want to do! Although I admit, I over used the opportunity to express my opinion on some of these fake countries calling themselves the so called Arab nations, like Iraq, Bahrain, UAE, Qatar, etc., etc. .. Anyway, what I was trying to do, was to highlight why FIFA should have not sold itself to Arab money to sponsor a Cup that promotes racial and political motives under FIFA banner. That is not what FIFA is all about!

World Cup has been held in many countries before. Have you ever seen FIFA Slavic Cup or FIFA Latin American Cup? or FIFA Portuguese Cup? Answer is No, we have not!! Why all of a sudden FIFA has to host a Cup that is based on race or lineage? .. Well, if you free yourself for a moment from all the excitements of watching the games, and look deeper, you would realize what is going on behind the scenes. They are using this to put on the map the pan-arab agenda again!. Most of which I don't give a hoot about, but when in every piece of news about this "simple" tournament, there is a reference to Arabian Gulf, instead of its rightful historical name of Persian Gulf, or very coincidentally the news broadcasted along with the football games speaks of UAE claim to the islands in the straight of Hurmuz and calling them Arab land (as though UAE even existed when these islands were the property of Iran) -- that is what is alarming to me and people like me who see FIFA Arab Cup not as a "simple" tournament!

So, my good friend, I was not cursing at the 16 Arab teams for having a tournament. They have been having Arab Cup, Gulf (Which it should be called properly) Cup and you name it Cup all over the map, and that is perfectly fine with me! ... If Qatar's intention was to test the 2022 World Cup venues, an Asian Football tournament should have been arranged which at minimum required a full regional representation including Iran. How is hosting the biggest football event in Asia involves the Africans and not Asians?... This accomplishment should have been labelled as Asian and not "Arabs".

Thank YOU!

P.S.
            1. There are only around 425 million people in the world who identify themselves to be of Arab lineage. Not 1 billion!
            2. There is never a crime for speaking any language, including Arabic!
            3. There is no confusion about what Arabs have done to us over the past 1400+ years! It has not stopped. it continues today!
            4. Respecting forum rules has always been my outmost intension. Expressing opinion (wrong or right) should be allowed.

Comment

2022 Qualifiers - Other Games Thread (AFC & beyond)

^ Thank you for your clarification. Unfortunately it is not easy or justified or allow posts that don’t meet the forum rules. So we try to stick to these rules in black and white.

Anyway I am glad you were able to clarify your earlier post.
              .... At the end I am nothing other than ordinary

Comment

Comment

This arab cup quality is not bad at all. north african teams(Tunesia, Algeria, Morooco) brought mixture of A and B team, as their players in Qatar and UAE joined the tournement plus few of europeans. Egypt brought local league players but they have the strongest league in Africa

Sent from my MAR-LX3A using Tapatalk

Sent from my MAR-LX3A using Tapatalk

Comment

Comment

UAE vs Tunisia today . Anyone cares?

Comment

I follow CQ on Instagram and since day one in Egypt he post BS like im so proud of my players and what a win and these things, even against small teams, i feel like he wants to make himself big without even having done anything big,

Comment

Originally posted by Mahsaa View Post
                          I follow CQ on Instagram and since day one in Egypt he post BS like im so proud of my players and what a win and these things, even against small teams, i feel like he wants to make himself big without even having done anything big,
                          So just unfollow him.

Comment

Yeah, or...... He is showing the character we know suits him ; moldin one team, cohesion & unity
                            Iran deserves better, TM deserves better.
                            O.G from '97 & still here

Comment

Originally posted by pajamNL View Post
                              Yeah, or...... He is showing the character we know suits him ; moldin one team, cohesion & unity
                              or he is fooling the fans and acting like he has done big things by beating lebanon and sudan which every coach would have with this egypt squad

Comment

Lolll he's doing nothing wrong at all. In fact, he's doing the right thing. He's giving credit to his players first of all, and it shouldn't only come from winning vs big teams. He's acknowledging their efforts and results, regardless of who they face.

Helps with team moral and shows his appreciation for every effort they put in, regardless of opposition.

It also helps to take every opponent seriously, and treat every match as important, so your players develop the same mentally and don't underestimate opponents.

Comment

Working...
                                X