X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by St_Mark View Post

Amirmohammad Houshmand

Most likely starter U23 CB
    Yeah, I think I and a few others have mentioned houshmand also this season. He has solid physique, but his real qualities are his speed, good ball playing skills, composure in 1v1 and playmaking situations, and quite vocal as well. For sure most consistent young CB in the league with Fallah.

I think pairing of him + Fallah (peykan starter) can work quite well, at least theoretically. Fallah can be more aggresive ball winning CB and houshmand can cover the spaces more, be the main ball handler when building out.

What are your thoughts on Bavieh? I remember him being quite well touted in the midfield role...Strangely despite CM being problem position for us historically this team looks like it has enough talent there between Khodabandelu (CDM), Soltanimehr, Yasin Salmani, Ghobeishavi.

Also I think monazami sometime last year or year before made debut at 16 for zob, super explosive CF with great finishing technique. I guess he went to aluminium but not really sure how he is developing since then. He had frightening speed, nice dribbling, and great physique for his age.

Comment

Monazami

Comment

Originally posted by inarsenewetrust View Post
        I think pairing of him + Fallah (peykan starter) can work quite well, at least theoretically. Fallah can be more aggresive ball winning CB and houshmand can cover the spaces more, be the main ball handler when building out.
        What are your thoughts on Bavieh? I remember him being quite well touted in the midfield role...Strangely despite CM being problem position for us historically this team looks like it has enough talent there between Khodabandelu (CDM), Soltanimehr, Yasin Salmani, Ghobeishavi.
        Also I think monazami sometime last year or year before made debut at 16 for zob, super explosive CF with great finishing technique. I guess he went to aluminium but not really sure how he is developing since then. He had frightening speed, nice dribbling, and great physique for his age.
        Dear

Because of limited time Mahdavikia for this stage will goo with experience but later on he will be choosy for right selections. There might even be additional candidates when PGL start soon.

Fallah is solid as you said , he is a good candidate for starters , so does Sina.
        Salmani is an starter
        Soltanimehr is back and played well toward the end of season
        Khodabandelo is solid , hard working , dependable but little slow. Let's see what he does with GN Team
        Ghobeishavi , will be in the final list , very dependable MF player but will have competiotn for starting position same as Soltanimehr and Mohammad Sharifi...
        Bavieh- He had injury for long time and depressed for losing a PK that cost U17 Advanceing from Group stage.. Both Yasin and Bavieh lost PK at diffent game but Yasin moved on and got help from GN and Moharam.
        Bavieh played for Foulad U19 last season and was Top Goal scorer of the league despite being a MF player. Now that Neko is gone he will be part of Foulsd offence . He is very talented. not playing for Fould last season will go against him for now untill season start.I doubt he will be on final list of October games at this stage.

Monazami he was good while at Zobahan but since then he has not improved and unless he perform well during next season he will not be among top 35 players.

Mahdavikia has selected almost all TM U19 players, most will be included in list of 50 but only half of them will make it for October games.
        This list was prepared for him but in a few months he will watch the league for his choice.
        Last edited by St_Mark; 09-12-2021, 08:25 PM.

Comment

The new head coach of U23 Mahdavikia now in Germany, is scheduled to come back to Iran by thursday to hold the first stage of the camp along with two assistants .

U23 Coach

: Netherlands
          John Lammers
          Team coached: Esbjerg fB (Association football manager, 2017–2019)

'''Johannes Gerardus Adrianus "John" Lammers''' (, born 11 December 1963) is a Dutch football manager and former player who played as a striker. He was most recently manager of Danish club Esbjerg fB

Mehran Shadeedpour , an iranian-swedish coach who has a history of coaching the kia academy's Nonahalan/U15 team, will also work as another assistant to Mahdavi kia in theU23 team.

Mehran

Timo Rosenberg

Physical Trainer
          Last edited by St_Mark; 09-13-2021, 03:53 AM.

Comment

Choice of Mehran U15 coach of Kia Academy for U23 is questionable
            If he wanted an Iranian coach there are much better options.
            First bad choice from Mahdavikia to chose a somehow business partner as TM u23 coach

Comment

As i pointed out days ago Mosnsef is over 23 .

Persian Gulf Pro League 2020/21 - Page 17 (persianfootball.com)

یک بازیکن اشتباهی به تیم امید دعوت شد

امیر محمد منصف بازیکن تیم رایکا که نامش در لیست نفرات دعوتی به اردوی تیم امید قرار دارد نمی تواند در اردوی آماده سازی این تیم حاضر شود.

His name is in the list of 66 and today they realized their mistake

Comment

Watched full SS game today.

Hosseinzadeh has huge potential. Besides his great dribbling technique and speed I am most impressed by his off the ball work. He presses with such intensity for 90 mins, when he goes into tackle/50-50s he is very physically strong and knocks people over, he takes contact very well, and has a tremendous engine.

I like that he is very comfortable in CAM spot (like second half) or wing spot (like first half).

If he improves a bit in his final touch he will be a star of this league and has tools to succeed as legionairre too.

I think he should definitely be in kia's starting plans.

Khaghani was so/so. He is also explosive, good dribbler but doesnt have game awareness of hosseinzadeh. Can see him making u23 bench though.

I hope for something like:

-----------Javadkia-------

RB? ----Fallah---Houshmand--Jalali

-------Ghobeishavi---Khodabandelu/Soltanimehr

Delfi-------------Y. Salmani------------Hosseinzadeh

-------------------Allahyar-------------

Bench : Sasan Hosseini, Khaghani, Barzegar, Nokhodkar, Shariatzadeh, Shahabbasi, Namdari

Comment

Watched full SS game today.
                  Hosseinzadeh has huge potential. Besides his great dribbling technique and speed I am most impressed by his off the ball work. He presses with such intensity for 90 mins, when he goes into tackle/50-50s he is very physically strong and knocks people over, he takes contact very well, and has a tremendous engine.
                  I like that he is very comfortable in CAM spot (like second half) or wing spot (like first half).
                  If he improves a bit in his final touch he will be a star of this league and has tools to succeed as legionairre too.
                  I think he should definitely be in kia's starting plans.
                  Khaghani was so/so. He is also explosive, good dribbler but doesnt have game awareness of hosseinzadeh. Can see him making u23 bench though.
                  I hope for something like:
                  -----------Javadkia-------
                  RB? ----Fallah---Houshmand--Jalali
                  -------Ghobeishavi---Khodabandelu/Soltanimehr
                  Delfi-------------Y. Salmani------------Hosseinzadeh
                  -------------------Allahyar-------------
                  Bench : Sasan Hosseini, Khaghani, Barzegar, Nokhodkar, Shariatzadeh, Shahabbasi, Namdari
                  Esteghlal lost but not him. He was impressive. I felt he was better than some of expensive Al Helal stars.
                  As you pointed out he is a sure thing for U23 . We will see and enjoy more of his plays.

About lineup still little early , let;s find out taste of Mahdavikia,
                  I am not sure how much he has followed Iranian leagues and for now he is depend on IFF officials and friend.
                  As much as there is love for him, he has not much credentials as a coach except youth and u17.
                  So far he has selected one of his associate as a coach with even less coaching credentials except fancy girly resume .

Let;s find out how he see these prospects and talented players.
                  Last edited by St_Mark; 09-13-2021, 01:38 PM.

Comment

Continue ...

2017 U17 lineup

Sharifi was DM and Hosseinzadeh OMF

Khaghani was with WC team too.
                    Last edited by St_Mark; 09-13-2021, 01:56 PM.

Comment

Choice of Mehran U15 coach of Kia Academy for U23 is questionable
                      If he wanted an Iranian coach there are much better options.
                      First bad choice from Mahdavikia to chose a somehow business partner as TM u23 coach
                      That is not totally true. Yes he coached FCKIA for a year but most of his training and coaching was done in sweden.

He holds UEFA A license from Sweden (many of our top coaches in PGPL do not even hold Asian A license). He coached at various age groups (u16,u17,u19) in a few different swedish teams (AIK, Hammarby) both boys and girls. AIK in recent years produced some Swedish national team stars like Alexander Isak, Robin Quaison. What capacity he was coaching there (Head coach, assistant, analyst, etc) I am unsure.

I think also KIA could have got somebody with more experience at mens level, this will for sure be biggest job of this young coaches career. But in terms of giving a post to a young iranian coach I doubt there is anybody with much more qualifications? At least on paper.

Yeah maybe KIA connection bothers some people but ultimately with Sepahan and Foolad they have been most successful academy in the country basically since their inception.

They showed many times great performance in big international tournaments and their players are found in all of lower age groups, making up the bulk of the teams, so obviously they are doing something right and a lot of that is also down to coaching and coach selection.

Just to put this guys resume in perspective it is basically not far off kias coaching. Kia coached as an assistant, personal trainer for wingers (various ages) in Hamburg academy in last few years, nothing higher than u19.

Only guy I think may have been a cool option with foreign experience and maybe doable is alexander nouri since he got relieved of duties at hertha berlin. But I doubt he would accept assistant post seeing as he has been head coach in bundesliga and has more impressive CV coaching wise than Kia or any of his assistants.

Comment

That is not totally true. Yes he coached FCKIA for a year but most of his training and coaching was done in sweden.
                        He holds UEFA A license from Sweden (many of our top coaches in PGPL do not even hold Asian A license). He coached at various age groups (u16,u17,u19) in a few different swedish teams (AIK, Hammarby) both boys and girls. AIK in recent years produced some Swedish national team stars like Alexander Isak, Robin Quaison. What capacity he was coaching there (Head coach, assistant, analyst, etc) I am unsure.
                        I think also KIA could have got somebody with more experience at mens level, this will for sure be biggest job of this young coaches career. But in terms of giving a post to a young iranian coach I doubt there is anybody with much more qualifications? At least on paper.
                        Yeah maybe KIA connection bothers some people but ultimately with Sepahan and Foolad they have been most successful academy in the country basically since their inception.
                        They showed many times great performance in big international tournaments and their players are found in all of lower age groups, making up the bulk of the teams, so obviously they are doing something right and a lot of that is also down to coaching and coach selection.
                        Just to put this guys resume in perspective it is basically not far off kias coaching. Kia coached as an assistant, personal trainer for wingers (various ages) in Hamburg academy in last few years, nothing higher than u19.
                        Only guy I think may have been a cool option with foreign experience and maybe doable is alexander nouri since he got relieved of duties at hertha berlin. But I doubt he would accept assistant post seeing as he has been head coach in bundesliga and has more impressive CV coaching wise than Kia or any of his assistants.
                        Dear :
                        Regarding Mehran;
                        1- What is his acheivement as a football player? where did he played?
                        2- Which club he coached? what was his acheivement as a coach?

It's not about how many licences one has , it's about real coaching with real clubs. U23 players are mature some of them TM level right now and coching them are different than of U15 and U17 .

Älvsjö AIK club currently plays in Division 3 Östra Svealand which is the fifth tier of Swedish football. Is that qualifying him to coach U23 which is future of Iran football?
                        Iran's U15 coach Amiri is one of Instructor who give Pro license ( this week he is teaching Navidkia, Bengar....to get A pro license). Does this qualifying him to coach U23?

We have been unsuccessful with U23 teams for decades
                        under different managers and coaches all with good intentions nevertheless we failed because of our bad decisions. I hope this time is different and new coaches will succeed. I hope you are right and I am wrong.

---------------------------------------
                        Regarding my previous coment "Mehran is his associate business parter"
                        He is member of board of director of sport business they have , I read.

Comment

Dear :
                          Regarding Mehran;
                          1- What is his acheivement as a football player? where did he played?
                          2- Which club he coached? what was his acheivement as a coach?
                          It's not about how many licences one has , it's about real coaching with real clubs. U23 players are mature some of them TM level right now and coching them are different than of U15 and U17 .
                          Älvsjö AIK club currently plays in Division 3 Östra Svealand which is the fifth tier of Swedish football. Is that qualifying him to coach U23 which is future of Iran football?
                          Iran's U15 coach Amiri is one of Instructor who give Pro license ( this week he is teaching Navidkia, Bengar....to get A pro license). Does this qualifying him to coach U23?
                          We have been unsuccessful with U23 teams for decades
                          under different managers and coaches all with good intentions nevertheless we failed because of our bad decisions. I hope this time is different and new coaches will succeed. I hope you are right and I am wrong.
                          ---------------------------------------
                          Regarding my previous coment "Mehran is his associate business parter"
                          He is member of board of director of sport business they have , I read.
                          Yeah I guess that was his last job. Prior to KIA he coached in AIK Fotboll for 3 years.

I actually agree with you, to me his CV is not very impressive, but I think main assistant here will be the Dutch guy Lammers. What sort of candidates would you like to see for a 2nd/3rd assistant post of Iran u23 realistically. I struggle to believe many foreigners of good CV unless Kia's close friends would accept such a job.

And again, full agreement, in my mind u23 is nothing like coaching u17 or even u19. These guys are men, there will be at least Allahyar, Delfi who are legionairres playing at solid level in Europe. Most of the rest are starters in PGPL. Some as you mention like Yasin in TM. This guy may not have CV to direct them, but again will that be his role? Or will he be somebody who kia knows has strong tactical/technical knowledge and can be a useful analyst, pinpoint certain technical points that kia will then decide whether or not are important enough to relay to the team? These are all very detailed questions we don't know the answer to, so I find it hard to judge the guy harshly right away.

What was qualification of Estili? He was a great former player, he is terrible coach and has proven it all levels. He left the previous omid team with no ideas and most of the players if you ask them today (I asked allahyar) refuse to even talk about it because they say the situation was so depressing and they rather just forget.

Comment

Group 3

Unless i am missing something..
                            66 means 6 teams of 11 players each call is for 22 ( 2 teams) but i fail to see balance of selections as far as Positions.
                            this 3rd group of 22 does not include RB. indeed there are twice LB in all 3 groups trhan RB.
                            perhaps Dajliri of Esteghlal is notable missing RB in the list.
                            16 name will be cut by end of third practice.
                            1 Mohammadreza Moharami Malavan 20y 5m 18d CB
                            2 Sina Abdollahi Mashinsazi 20y 3m 29d CB
                            3 Murteza Estaki Zobahan 20y 1m 19d CB
                            4 Parham Javadi Chooka 20y 6m 11d DM
                            5 Asghar Sadeghinasab Mes R 20y 6m 5d DM
                            6 Mohammadreza Azadi Esteghlal 21y 9m 6d FW
                            7 Amirmohammad Monsef Ryka 25y 3m 7d FW
                            8 Sajad Aghaei Nasaji 22y 5m 25d FW
                            9 Erfan Esfandyari Alumimium 21y 10m 15d GK
                            10 AmirHossein Nikpour Sepahan 19y 1m 9d GK
                            11 Mohamadmehdi Ahmadi NMS 20y 8m 3d LB
                            12 Alireza Ebrahimi Shahin B 20y 7m 25d LB
                            13 Ahmad Shariatzadeh SNA 19y 2m 12d LW
                            14 Amirhossein Farhadi SNA 20y 10m 30d LW
                            15 Fardin Rabet Esteghlal 19y 10m 15d LW
                            16 Ali Fathi Tractor 21y 3m 27d LW
                            17 Rouhollah Safavianpour Qashgaei 22y 3m 16d MF
                            18 Alireza Bavieh Foulad 19y 0m 23d MF
                            19 Vahid Namdari Foulad 21y 1m 16d MF
                            20 Mohammadreza Sharifi Persepolis 21y 6m 11d MF
                            21 Mehdi Hasheminejad Malavan 19y 10m 17d RW
                            22 Ali Sobhani Foulad 20y 6m 30d RW
                            Last edited by St_Mark; 09-13-2021, 08:06 PM.

Comment

What was qualification of Estili? He was a great former player, he is terrible coach and has proven it all levels. He left the previous omid team with no ideas and most of the players if you ask them today (I asked allahyar) refuse to even talk about it because they say the situation was so depressing and they rather just forget.

He was
                              politically connected , after failure he has been promoted by IFF

Comment

Last edited by St_Mark; 02-09-2022, 09:59 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X