Kaveh Rezaei @ Oud-Heverlee Leuven | 2021-2022

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LOL.

This is our farm team/B-Team (or I guess the "politically correct" terminology is sister club) and I do not mean that in a derogatory or condescending way as OHL are a decent side. We have the same ownership "King Power", so we frequently send them players. For example, we sent OHL promising Ghanian youngster in Kamal Sowah (one of their MVPs last season who ended up registering 8 goals + 6 assists in the league which resulted in Club Brugge breaking club transfer record to sign him, rumored fee: €9m + add ons and buyback clause), Filip Benkovic (did not have good time their), Daniel Iversen (was starter until injuries), Kaebi's former teammate Andy King (not trusted by coach), Josh Eppiah (had disappointing time), Bartosz Kapustka (once promising in 2016), Elliott Moore (successful spell), and our former manager Nigel Pearson.

OHL had a rather decent season last year for a newcomer to the Belgian First Division, finishing 11th (2 places above Charleroi). Their striker and best player which Kaveh Rezaei have a HUGE task looking to replace, Thomas Henry had an excellent season scoring 21 goals + 7 assists in all competitions which resulted in interest from a variety of different clubs such as Gent, Celtic, Bordeaux, Genoa and Venezia (which ultimately being ended being Venezia for a fee around €6m + bonuses/add ons + cut of future transfer fee). Their #10/AM Xavier Mercier who's still at the club had 11 goals + 15 assists in all competitions last year. The aforementioned Sowah, Henry, and Mercier were OHL's best players last year.

I kept an eye on this team last season when they promoted to the 1st division, now I can fully follow this team now that Rezaei joined them. They are a small family club, based in the university city of Leuven with big aspirations to challenge for a European spot and grow. To my knowledge, it seems that they've signed Kaveh on a permanent from Club Brugge for 1 year w/ option to extend for a year. OHL did not have the best starts to their new season (mainly due to departing players/lack of replacements), but they sign some players in this window and registered their first victory against Kortrijk. If I'm not mistaken, it was between NEC and OHL for Kaveh which Kaveh ended up choosing OHL with Bayat having a hand to play in this transfer (Also, it seems Bayat had a hand in Dewaest transfer too from Genk) and NEC ended up going for highly rated Turkish youngster Ali Akman from Eintracht Frankfurt. Also as others have mentioned, it would make sense for Kaveh to stay in Belgium for another year in order to be eligible for a Belgian passport which could benefit him in his next transfer as he wouldn't be taking up a non-EU spot in the team.

These are the 11 new players OHL acquired during this past window:

Alex Runarsson (GK, 26, on loan with option to buy from Arsenal)
    Sofian Chakla (CB, 27, free transfer from Villarreal)
    Cenk Ozkacar (CB, 20, on loan from Lyon)
    Sebastien Dewaest (CB, 30, on loan from Genk)
    Scotty Sadzoute (LB, 23, free transfer from Lille)
    Alexis De Sart (CM, 24, on loan with option to buy from Antwerp)
    Levan Shengelia (RW, 25, free transfer from Konyaspor)
    Jesse Sekidika (LW, 25, on loan with option to buy from Galatasaray)
    Sory Kaba (ST, 26, on loan with option to buy from Midtjylland)
    Kaveh Rezaei (ST, 29, free transfer from Club Brugge)
    Mykola Kukharevych (ST, 20, on loan from ESTAC Troyes)

Squad of 31 players (including 7 youth players):

4 goalkeepers (1 youth player)
    10 defenders (2 youth players)
    7 midfielders (2 youth players)
    10 attackers (2 youth players)

Comment

Kaveh is starting against KV Mechelen BTW.

Comment

Kaveh not in the squad against Club Brugge. I don't think he was injured last match nor could I find anything about him being injured recently. A bit concerning.

Comment

Originally posted by Leicester City View Post

Kaveh not in the squad against Club Brugge. I don't think he was injured last match nor could I find anything about him being injured recently. A bit concerning.
          He still belongs to club brugge so they don't let him play against them.

Comment

Originally posted by PSGman#19 View Post
            He still belongs to club brugge so they don't let him play against them.
            https://www.ohleuven.com/nieuws/2205177

29-year-old Kaveh Rezaei signs a contract with OH Leuven for one season with an option for an extra year. The Iranian center striker has scored smoothly for Sporting Charleroi in recent years and now hopes to do the same for Den Dreef.
            Not anymore. Signed with OHL for one season with an option for an extra year.

He has been completely dropped from the squad most likely due to poor performances.

Comment

Leuven takes the lead through a header from Turkish centreback Özkacar (on loan from Lyon).

Leuven leading 1-0 against Club Brugge at halftime.

1-1 Fulltime, decent away point for Leuven.
              Last edited by Leicester City; 09-24-2021, 12:37 PM. Reason: Edit

Comment

https://www.standaard.be/cnt/dmf20210924_97495299

None of the ex-Club players at OHL kicked off. Siebe Schrijvers and Thibault Vlietinck were on the bench, Kaveh Rezaei was absent due to illness. Ukrainian striker Mykola Kukharevych made his debut in his place.
                Some clarity on Kaveh's absence. According to this report, Kaveh was out due to illness and in his absence Ukrainian striker Mykola Kukharevych played.

Comment

Comment

https://youtu.be/WxfWpoSscJI

The team left for a training camp in Holland about yesterday morning and will return back on Friday.
                    Last edited by Leicester City; 09-27-2021, 01:36 AM. Reason: Edit

Comment

Starting

Comment

Was not in the squad yesterday and his competition scored again after previously scoring the last match (3 goals in last 2 appearances). Like I said, his starting spot is most likely gone.

Comment

Originally posted by Leicester City View Post

Was not in the squad yesterday and his competition scored again after previously scoring the last match (3 goals in last 2 appearances). Like I said, his starting spot is most likely gone.
                          Kaveh is finished.

Comment

Originally posted by Babak_Shirazi View Post
                            Kaveh is finished.
                            Hopefully Allahyar is called up, I would be surprised if he wasn't.

Comment

They won 2-1 in the cup last night. That Kaba guy scored both goals including a 104th minute winner.

Comment

Originally posted by Medzdidz View Post
                                They won 2-1 in the cup last night. That Kaba guy scored both goals including a 104th minute winner.
                                Played with Onyeka at Midtjylland, especially in Champions League against last season. He has been on good form scoring 5 goals in 3 games.

Comment

Working...
                                X