No announcement yet.

Azadi will host all TM HOME matches for WC Qual. 2nd round - Official

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Honestly if we are going to be playing in empty stadiums we might as well play in Qatar where we have nicer facilities and pitches at our disposal.
    Team Meli Iran
    Perspolis FC
    Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

^The problem is they won't make it that easy for Iran. They'll pick Eastern Mongolia during monsoon season just to F with Iran.

Comment

Originally posted by naderb94 View Post
        I am not sure why AFC is complicating this.. Just place all the games in Qatar. Great neutral venue that has VAR capabilities and great pitches
        Due to the issues between Qatar, UAE and Saudi, they can't stand to see Qatar do anything positive in football.
        They're all related but hate each other like mortal enemies.

Comment

Originally posted by diz View Post
          ^The problem is they won't make it that easy for Iran. They'll pick Eastern Mongolia during monsoon season just to F with Iran.
          This has my vote for "Post of the year"!

Comment

Originally posted by Nokhodi View Post
            Due to the issues between Qatar, UAE and Saudi, they can't stand to see Qatar do anything positive in football.
            They're all related but hate each other like mortal enemies.
            I understand and agree with that.. But they have already shown that they are good hosts after 2019 AC and with 2022 WC coming up, this would be a great preparation for them for that.

Comment

like we all know AFC, they probably will not give us any home games but make us travel to south korea and hostile arab places.
              Sign against banning Iran from WorldCup!!!
              http://new.petitiononline.com/IRANWC06/petition.html

Comment

Baba Jan, dostan, ma nafahmidim be kodom sazetoon beraghsim . Be iran nemidan mizbanio, minalin, midan, migin chera be qatar nadadan. Why not just wait and see if it will be without spectators or not. That seems to be unclear.

Comment

Originally posted by naderb94 View Post
                  I understand and agree with that.. But they have already shown that they are good hosts after 2019 AC and with 2022 WC coming up, this would be a great preparation for them for that.
                  I agree with but AFC is run by saudis so they won’t allow this to happen easily. It’s a matter of prestige for them.

Comment

Why are people already saying "no fans" ???

the AFC can't dictate if we can have fans or not, it's completely up to each sovereign country to decide.....and the matches are 6 weeks away, so who knows what the covid situation will be (not looking good).

but surely, we can have 10-20k fans, spread out in the open air of Azadi?

Comment

Originally posted by BacheLot View Post
                      with No fans allowed, still woulda preferred a Central location for all games in the group...! in a more modern and in good shape pitches like that of Gutter and away from the distractions of our local goozoo sports media asssholes..!!
                      im fairly sure it woulda been a more beneficial for our wcq chances if above..!!
                      Rofl "Gutter" XD

Comment

Originally posted by elnino99 View Post
                        Why are people already saying "no fans" ???

the AFC can't dictate if we can have fans or not, it's completely up to each sovereign country to decide.....and the matches are 6 weeks away, so who knows what the covid situation will be (not looking good).

but surely, we can have 10-20k fans, spread out in the open air of Azadi?
                        Is it worth it though? unless you have a ticket and want to attend it personally, we shouldn’t be sending our hamvatns to get Delta and die just to give us a better chance to qualify.
                        Team faghat PERSPOLIS

Comment

Working...
                        X