Sardar Azmoun @ Zenit St. Petersburg 2021/22 - Page 96

+ Reply to Thread
Page 96 of 204 FirstFirst ... 46869495969798106146196 ... LastLast

Thread: Sardar Azmoun @ Zenit St. Petersburg 2021/22

V.I.P.
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,300 Times in 1,689 Posts
    Damn. So in this situation, Azmoun's blistering start to the season worked against him as it caused Zenit to reevaluate their position and ask for an increased fee.

If only he had a slow start...haha.

V.I.P.
    ReputationReputation
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,344 Times in 8,491 Posts
    Zenith can behave like a mafia club because they have all the power. A shame its worked against Azmoun like this.

PFDC Hall of Famer
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,976 Times in 3,343 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by KasraKhan View Post
    Damn. So in this situation, Azmoun's blistering start to the season worked against him as it caused Zenit to reevaluate their position and ask for an increased fee.

If only he had a slow start...haha.
    With a slow start, leverkusen wouldn't have him in the shop list or wouldn't throw more than 5/10m€

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to PSGman#19 For This Useful Post:

PFDC Hall of Famer
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,023 Times in 5,328 Posts
    Guess who? The hair/calves give it away =)

General Member
    Thanks
    Watching the Roma v. Trabzon match, so glad Azmoun did not end up at Roma (not attractive football at all which is signature Mourinho)

7. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to P-Rug For This Useful Post:

V.I.P.
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,300 Times in 1,689 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PSGman#19 View Post
    With a slow start, leverkusen wouldn't have him in the shop list or wouldn't throw more than 5/10m€
    According to the article, they agreed on the fee in late July. And Zenit only had one match by late July (which Azmoun scored in). If Azmoun wouldn't have scored in the next few matches, I doubt Bayer would've retracted, but it would've surely made Zenit less reluctant. Pure speculation on my part, admittedly.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to KasraKhan For This Useful Post:

PFDC Asset
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Thanked 26,270 Times in 7,902 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by KasraKhan View Post
    According to the article, they agreed on the fee in late July. And Zenit only had one match by late July (which Azmoun scored in). If Azmoun wouldn't have scored in the next few matches, I doubt Bayer would've retracted, but it would've surely made Zenit less reluctant. Pure speculation on my part, admittedly.
    ultimately he has to perform lol. Logic would indicate that good performances would force leverkusen to push the move through. In hindsight zenit probs thought they could squeeze a couple extra mil out of it, make them agree to 18 mio or something up front.

Already it seems that leverkusen increased from original bid of 14 guaranteed (14 + 4) to 16 guaranteed, just werent willing to up it further...

real shame but it is what it is. Thankfully his mental state hasnt been affected which shows a big maturity on that front.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to inarsenewetrust For This Useful Post:

Forum Staff
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,580 Times in 5,334 Posts
    I just went from being a big zenit fan to really disliking them now…..that is such a stupid, selfish, and senseless move by them. Had that taken place on deadline day I would understand the finding replacement concern but with several weeks left in the window they could have easily found someone and in the interim use Claudinho (who I know is an attacking mode but could easily be used as a striker with his great scoring record and qualities he has up front) and get them by for a few weeks.

Selfish, selfish, selfish move by zenit no questions about it.
    Team Meli Iran
    Perspolis FC
    Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

V.I.P.
    ReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,214 Times in 7,128 Posts
    leverkusen wasnt a huge loss imo...!! so im sure he aint all that broken hearted it fell through ...? i aint...!
    woulda been nice stepping stone club though to getting a more high profile eu club to grab him next though..!!

rather another crack at CL football and pad his EU scoring stats a bit more hopefully, then go to a more formidable EU club in Winter after zenit's likely exit at group stage ..!!?
    or worse case scenario next summer as a FA, he is bound to get some much more attractive suitors chasing after his siggi and paying him well for it too..!!

i think zenit's negotiations for that laporte / laborte ?? dude is not going too well ?? hence its understandable that they would deny Azmoun a cheap and easy exit with CL action looming in a couple of months and their attacking line looking all wack n underwhelming w/o sardar headlining...!!

General Member
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by BacheLot View Post
    leverkusen wasnt a huge loss imo...!! so im sure he aint all that broken hearted it fell through ...? i aint...!
    woulda been nice stepping stone club though to getting a more high profile eu club to grab him next though..!!
    rather another crack at CL football and pad his EU scoring stats a bit more hopefully, then go to a more formidable EU club in Winter after zenit's likely exit at group stage ..!!?
    or worse case scenario next summer as a FA, he is bound to get some much more attractive suitors chasing after his siggi and paying him well for it too..!!
    i think zenit's negotiations for that laporte / laborte ?? dude is not going too well ?? hence its understandable that they would deny Azmoun a cheap and easy exit with CL action looming in a couple of months and their attacking line looking all wack n underwhelming w/o sardar headlining...!!
    Same here, also not very upset with this Leverkusen saga, he is above their level anyway.

I have said this before as well, if nothing good comes along now, he’ll have that definitely next year as free agent. I actually think he prefers that, as its also financially way more attractive to him (can ask for notably more salary as free agent).

Also, how reliable is this Russian news outlet anyway? Russian media is typically anything but reliable and accurate, this is the country that kind of invented misinformation and fake news

+ Reply to Thread

Members who have read this thread : 417

You do not have permission to view the list of names.