Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Teams without a doubt are aware that his contract runs out so soon. Many are willing to stick it out a bit longer and get a top quality player in his prime for totally free than to pay

Comment

Originally posted by TM4LIFE View Post
      Teams without a doubt are aware that his contract runs out so soon. Many are willing to stick it out a bit longer and get a top quality player in his prime for totally free than to pay
      Big teams only takes players that are well known that played in other big teams or at least in big leagues. Free or not, Azmoun (with all his goals) has 3 drawbacks for big teams:
      - Age -> 27 in 4 months. Top teams are fond of young prospects
      - nationality : Iran is a poor brand in international football, plus taking a precious non-EU quotas (Lyon reserved its last non-EU for Azmoun btw)
      - league : 8 years in a poor Russian league. Zenit do much worse than its ukrainian counterpart : Shakhtar.

Barcelona make a proposal to a washed up mandzukic. Juve took Kean which isn't a good player since getting covid.

Comment

Originally posted by Medzdidz View Post
        So it is better for him to start in a new league and team less than 6 months before World Cup starts ?
        I missed that part. Thought his contract was until summer. But anyway at least he can show him self in CL now since no one gives a damn about the russian league.

If he performs well in CL bigger teams will follow him

Comment

it seems sardar will leave free either jan or june

Comment

Anyone think that there maybe some last minute transfer to OL on the cards still ..!?
            Somehow I call BS on the news that he’d ask for extra VACATION ? day from TM staff, because of his Syria game suspension..!?
            I think his absence from TM camp could well be transfer related ..!?? Last minute medicals, etc ..!?

Comment

OL made cool signing of Jerome Boateng to bolster their backline. Honestly many were surprised bayern did not offer him new deal. He is still a very solid defender with huge experience and great ball playing skills, even if sardar has traumatized him in the past lol. This was quite surprising bc many expected OL to just neglect their CB issues for another window, so kind of came out of nowhere. Suddenly a partnership of Belgium's Denayer with Boateng, and new signing emerson who has started very well at LB, and their defense looks like it might be ok after all.

Now they have a team that looks like it could take a CL spot and make a deepish EL run. Sardar on top of this would for sure have pushed them over the edge.

Comment

Originally posted by inarsenewetrust View Post
                OL made cool signing of Jerome Boateng to bolster their backline. Honestly many were surprised bayern did not offer him new deal. He is still a very solid defender with huge experience and great ball playing skills, even if sardar has traumatized him in the past lol. This was quite surprising bc many expected OL to just neglect their CB issues for another window, so kind of came out of nowhere. Suddenly a partnership of Belgium's Denayer with Boateng, and new signing emerson who has started very well at LB, and their defense looks like it might be ok after all.

Now they have a team that looks like it could take a CL spot and make a deepish EL run. Sardar on top of this would for sure have pushed them over the edge.
                Boateng waited for Azmoun not join, before he signed his contract, after what Azmoun did to him in CL

Comment

Originally posted by BacheLot View Post
                  Anyone think that there maybe some last minute transfer to OL on the cards still ..!?
                  Somehow I call BS on the news that he’d ask for extra VACATION ? day from TM staff, because of his Syria game suspension..!?
                  I think his absence from TM camp could well be transfer related ..!?? Last minute medicals, etc ..!?
                  Good luck to escape from a Russian jail

Comment

Originally posted by PSGman#19 View Post
                    Good luck to escape from a Russian jail
                    dont worry
                    so long he doesnt get duped into extending, he is bound to be playing in far higher caliber team than the likes of OL in Europe somewhere next season....! or even more likely next Jan after the winter transfer window..!
                    Meanwhile he gets to enjoy participating and hopefully shining in at least 4 marquee UCL fixtures..!!

sardar ftb, still holding all the cards...!! and if by now he hasnt renewed contract with Zenit, i highly doubt he will be convinced to do so any longer..! ??

Comment

Originally posted by BacheLot View Post
                      dont worry
                      so long he doesnt get duped into extending, he is bound to be playing in far higher caliber team than the likes of OL in Europe somewhere next season....! or even more likely next Jan after the winter transfer window..!
                      Meanwhile he gets to enjoy participating and hopefully shining in at least 4 marquee UCL fixtures..!!

sardar ftb, still holding all the cards...!! and if by now he hasnt renewed contract with Zenit, i highly doubt he will be convinced to do so any longer..! ??
                      It's not impossible to see him extended if the list of suitors are not that interested. I guess the like of OL, roma, leverkusen, napoli moved on for good.

Comment

Talks that Real Madrid are trying to make a last minute offer for Aouar. Would be a decent amount that Lyon would get for him also. A lot of upset Lyon fans as they really wanted Sardar there.

Lyon have not brought in a new striker yet also , Laborde is staying at Montpellier I think.

Comment

It's not impossible to see him extended if the list of suitors are not that interested. I guess the like of OL, roma, leverkusen, napoli moved on for good.
                          no way ...!
                          couple of these were keen on parting with over 15mil (on a Lump Sum that..!) just to get him to join up asap ..... because they all knew full well there will be far more alluring destinations for him as a FA next spring..!
                          Atalanta and Sevilla are only 2 of such clubs who already have hinted of their interest for his services as a FA in one form or another .... One blatantly and the latter more subliminally..!

the only way i see him extend with zenit, if god forbid he gets a nasty injury which may sideline him for a while... i can then only see Zenit be willing to extend and await his full fitness again..!

Comment

I think you are getting a little over emotional now PSGjan, I was also quite dissapointed with what happened the other day but no need to just be unrealistic.

Lyon, Leverkusen type offers will be there again, ofc they will. OL didnt move on, they didnt sign another CF bc Azmoun was a special type of profile for them. They didnt actually need a CF this window but were willing to go in for him bc his level was so high and the opportunity he presented was very unique for a team like lyon, aka they thought he was above their level. OFC they will be there for him in january and summer.

Napoli signed osimhen so who cares about them. They are quite unstable anyways changing coach every year, wouldnt want him there.

Leverkusen didnt go higher than 14+4/16+2 package of 18 million, likely because they know they can get him for free in 1 yr. They will be there for him again too. Extending alario for additional year was there way of ensuring they get a better fee for a player who has never fully settled in germany and fancies a move to spain/italy.
                            Atalanta will be the mix too. By then zapata will probably be gone and according to russian press they already approached azmoun for summer free transfer.

I dont think he will get anything significantly better than the aforementioned teams (an AC,Inter milan for example, Dortmund, etc. I think those would be ideal transfers but will be a bit out of his reach unless some miracle goals in CL) but that doesnt mean suddenly he will only get crystal palace or something lol. The difference between 26 and 27 is nothing, he objectively will be more attractive on a free transfer and reason he didnt force move is bc he knows that there will be good suitors for him on a free too.

Overall as long as he doesnt sign new deal he will be fine. Its just disappointing to see him another year in Zenit, but not end of world.

Comment

West Ham hoovering up RPL talent. Not sure how they're thinking of going into the season with just Antonio as their only striker but if nothing develops in the next 4 hours, that Azmoun West Ham shirt we pre-order will come into use come January.

Comment

Originally posted by inarsenewetrust View Post
                                I think you are getting a little over emotional now PSGjan, I was also quite dissapointed with what happened the other day but no need to just be unrealistic.

Lyon, Leverkusen type offers will be there again, ofc they will. OL didnt move on, they didnt sign another CF bc Azmoun was a special type of profile for them. They didnt actually need a CF this window but were willing to go in for him bc his level was so high and the opportunity he presented was very unique for a team like lyon, aka they thought he was above their level. OFC they will be there for him in january and summer.

Napoli signed osimhen so who cares about them. They are quite unstable anyways changing coach every year, wouldnt want him there.

Leverkusen didnt go higher than 14+4/16+2 package of 18 million, likely because they know they can get him for free in 1 yr. They will be there for him again too. Extending alario for additional year was there way of ensuring they get a better fee for a player who has never fully settled in germany and fancies a move to spain/italy.
                                Atalanta will be the mix too. By then zapata will probably be gone and according to russian press they already approached azmoun for summer free transfer.

I dont think he will get anything significantly better than the aforementioned teams (an AC,Inter milan for example, Dortmund, etc. I think those would be ideal transfers but will be a bit out of his reach unless some miracle goals in CL) but that doesnt mean suddenly he will only get crystal palace or something lol. The difference between 26 and 27 is nothing, he objectively will be more attractive on a free transfer and reason he didnt force move is bc he knows that there will be good suitors for him on a free too.

Overall as long as he doesnt sign new deal he will be fine. Its just disappointing to see him another year in Zenit, but not end of world.
                                I don't think OL and leverkusen appreciate to deal with Zenit, and I guess other clubs took note of that. We have a deal and finally not. Not a good ad to come and negotiate with such club in winter.
                                Top clubs won't come for him, or he need astounding performance in CL which will be difficult with a team like zenit. And even if they take him, they will make him warm the bench.
                                About sub top clubs, if you take out lyon, leverkusen, napoli, roma, lazio, you don't have a lot of team left. Sevilla, Valencia maybe.

Comment

Working...
                                X