This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Medzdidz View Post
    Zenit have been very poor, midfield is over run by Khimki and they have been caught too easy at the back too many times. Build up play too slow too, Sardar the only bright spark.
    That's my fear. Zenit are really thin - Sardar is their superstar. They cannot possibly let him go and not have a replacement or replacements (in aggregate) to do what he does - the vacuum is just too large and they risk not winning this year in Russia and crashing even more in the Champions League. Their midfield has been crap for a while too and they have been unable to solve it. Attracting top tier players to Russia may be difficult.

After yesterday's news by two of the most reputable journalists in world football, Mourinho really wants Azmoun but what will Zenit do? After watching this game, sadly reminded me of Zenit's current situation - my hopes were a little lower than yesterday.

Comment

Can’t watch the game, but the stats look awful. No new shots on target in the second half so far from Zenit!!! The mid field should be feeding Sardar balls left and right. He’s a goal scoring machine, but only with the right service. Alas, it’s the story of semak and RPL.

Comment

Zenit score the second. 2-1

Comment

Dzubya’s sub scores!

Comment

Penalty for Zenit. Damn, someone besides Sardar taking it.

3-1

Comment

Why won't they let Sardar take it? Dzyuba is off. It will only help inflates Sardar's value at a time when there are transfer rumors. Stupid...

Comment

The only reason Dzubya shared the golden boot with Sardar was the PKs he took. But semak won’t let Sardar inflate his goal count? GTFOH

Comment

He went to take it and Sutormin said no that he was. Sardar seemed chill with it though, acted very professional.

Comment

Originally posted by diz View Post
                    Dzubya’s sub scores!
                    I like Erokhin, I think he is one of their better players and should start.

Comment

Who the hell is Sutormin, and why is he telling Sardar he’s taking the PK?

Comment

He went to take it and Sutormin said no that he was. Sardar seemed chill with it though, acted very professional.
                        yes sardar went to take it but nr19 didnt let go off the ball, nr 19 won the foul

Comment

saw from min 65 on .... any vid of the goal..?
                          same old soorakh zenit with hapless and invisible MF even when a bunch of Khikiz put some pressure on them ... all the Mfdrs run back to crowd up the backline and Sardar looking isolated uptop..!! thats pretty much a preview of whats to come for them in CL when facing far more formidable opponents take a run at them..!! i dont see how just the return of Malcolm would alleviate the sever shortage of quality Possession retaining and Service providing Mfders....!
                          Sardar himself still looking bit overweight and outa peak form (which is an absolute crying shame, knowing full well this offseason was a key time to attract a more formidable Wester EU powerhouse club..!! ) His half-asssish, lazy pressing upfield and weak off-the-ball workrate was reminiscent of his underwhelming World Cup 18 performances..!!

im beginning to get those AK8 vibes from him..... another coulda-been world class iranian footballer who seems too lazy and unfocused and simply Not-driven enough to actually live up to his massive potential..!!?

he really needs to GTFO his comfort zone and challenge himself in better EU leagues and I just dont see Zenit in their current situation willing to let him go without a big fight..!!

Comment

I don’t think it is fitness . I think it is how they play. Most of their players rarely go for the hard press and they build the play slowly from the back . Do you remember when he first went to Zenit the amount of one on one chances he had with those quick balls to him over the top, they rarely do that now even though he has worked at getting better with them.

Zenit rarely get out of first or second gear in the league and they play with an arrogance that it doesn’t matter how poor they play that they will get the win eventually (in the league). Hence in the Champions League they get found out, it is hard to up your game when you are constantly playing against weak opposition.

Also Semak is a very poor tactical coach, I was surprised he was given a new contract but I don’t think they can afford or pull in a big name manager at the moment.

Comment

Rumors about fat ass icardi being loaned to Roma for 2 years, and dzeko could join juventus

Comment

I don’t think it is fitness . I think it is how they play. Most of their players rarely go for the hard press and they build the play slowly from the back . Do you remember when he first went to Zenit the amount of one on one chances he had with those quick balls to him over the top, they rarely do that now even though he has worked at getting better with them.
                                Zenit rarely get out of first or second gear in the league and they play with an arrogance that it doesn’t matter how poor they play that they will get the win eventually (in the league). Hence in the Champions League they get found out, it is hard to up your game when you are constantly playing against weak opposition.
                                Also Semak is a very poor tactical coach, I was surprised he was given a new contract but I don’t think they can afford or pull in a big name manager at the moment.
                                i beg to differ on thats keeping the ball as much as possible in opponent's half and tight, High pressing UpTop when they leave possession is the essential Semak tactic and everyone in their ranks in that team from MFder to attackers to defenders do a far better and rigorous job of Pressing than Sardar..!! on the High press i can easily name the likes Dzuba, Malcolm, diroussi, mostovoy, ...!!
                                Sardar instead just halfass run towards the player with the ball and then just jogs back to MF and preserves himself for counters off the break and just lurks on or about the box, looking to pounce on a loose ball or tap in from a rebound, and he sure doing a good job of that so far, but stepping up to better EU teams he will be expected to vastly Step Up his effort levels and frequency of his high pressing, in order to keep a Regular Starter status in Better EU clubs ..!
                                besides, lets face it... he also really sucks asss in Tackling and most anytime he tries to press hard, he ends up fouling or getting a yellow for a reckless challenges..!!
                                he Needs to improve that aspect of his game, simple as...! and while im at it , he also needs to practice on his dribbling and step-over technics, in order to better unsettle his immediate markers and create himself the space required to blow by them with his blazing break-away speed .....i've seen him frustratingly failing to beat his close markers way too many times to not think this is a big issue in his attacking game that needs much work on...!! To begin with on that front he needs to first and foremost learn to Keep a much Closer of the Ball during his dribble attempts .... all so often he ends up showing too much of the ball and the marker easily takes the ball away from him..!! he has a very strong and big frame.... he needs to learn how to use it (like Mehdi) in order to better shield the ball from defensive markers ..!
                                ok im done bitchin and whining about his game For Now..!!
                                Transfer season ends and he is still suited in Zenit colors..... he is going to really hear it again from me...!!

Comment

Working...
                                X