Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What really saddens me about every transfer window regarding Azmoun, is that there are other players where clubs are willing to pay much higher transfer fees for while they are not even as proven as Azmoun. Take Dutch international and PSV player Donyell Malen, he hasn't achieved anything noteable compared to Azmoun and yet he will get transfered for €30 milion euro's to Borussia Dortmund. Suddenly, when it comes down to an Iranian player, EU clubs only want them for a really low fee or as free agents. I feel bad for our players who don't get the recognition they really deserve because of their nationality and the negative image of Iran.

Comment

Driussi announced that he is leaving Zenit. Because he is their only backup at CF, I wouldn’t expect Azmoun to be sold until they add one or two attackers. Claudinho from Bragantino is rumored, but he is an attacking mid.

Comment

Originally posted by Kiarash View Post
        What really saddens me about every transfer window regarding Azmoun, is that there are other players where clubs are willing to pay much higher transfer fees for while they are not even as proven as Azmoun. Take Dutch international and PSV player Donyell Malen, he hasn't achieved anything noteable compared to Azmoun and yet he will get transfered for €30 milion euro's to Borussia Dortmund. Suddenly, when it comes down to an Iranian player, EU clubs only want them for a really low fee or as free agents. I feel bad for our players who don't get the recognition they really deserve because of their nationality and the negative image of Iran.
        Malen played at arsenal and Ajax at youth levels which are strong youth systems.

He has scored 40 goals in about 80 matches at psv. Something very similar to this rate.

Only 22 years old.

Sure he hasn't been world class already but it's harsh to say he hasn't done anything notable compared to azmoun. He's younger, played in great youth systems and has been successful in dutch league already. Also good enough to play for Netherlands national team.

Comment

Azmoun plays us every season with potential moves. He’s done it all in Russia and really needs to get it together and take the next step now. He’s starting to get older and the big clubs will soon setup pursuing. If he doesn’t move this season I’ll be so pissed...
          --------------------------Beiranvand-------------------
          --Moharrami----Hosseini--Kanaani----Amiri--
          ------------------Ezatolahi-----Ebrahimi--------------
          --Jahanbaksh---------Ghoddos------------Taremi--
          ---------------------------Azmoun----------------------

Comment

Originally posted by sam20 View Post
            Malen played at arsenal and Ajax at youth levels which are strong youth systems.

He has scored 40 goals in about 80 matches at psv. Something very similar to this rate.

Only 22 years old.

Sure he hasn't been world class already but it's harsh to say he hasn't done anything notable compared to azmoun. He's younger, played in great youth systems and has been successful in dutch league already. Also good enough to play for Netherlands national team.
            Azmoun has World Cup Experience, scored multiple goals in the UCL against top opponents, been an elite player for several seasons in Russia (if not the best)... it's not even comparable.

Comment

Originally posted by Nokhodi View Post
              Azmoun has World Cup Experience, scored multiple goals in the UCL against top opponents, been an elite player for several seasons in Russia (if not the best)... it's not even comparable.
              Thank you. Azmoun is twice the player Malen is. Not to mention that the Russian league is a harder place to score goals compared to the Eredivisie where defending is very weak. Having played at youth levels for Arsenal and Ajax doesn't mean much when you look at senior careers.

Comment

Age becomes a factor for many clubs such as Dortmund which are known to invest on young and quiet unknown talents. Yes being Iranian is one thing but you can't always blame coaches, nationality, the country for lack of decent transfer of our players. In case of Azmoun, more he becomes older harder the long deal transfer will be. Specially for an Asian and Iranian player. As i said before, at 23 or max 24 he should already have been playing in top 3-4 leagues. At 21-22 he should have moved to Zenit. This time wasting(the second time with Kazan between 17 to 19) was totally stupid. Ruined two good years of his career. This is the time that he should have signed with Zenit and after that a transfer to top leagues.

Comment

If Druissi has announced he is leaving and Malcom currently with Brazil at the Olympics (potentially till 7 August when the final is) I don’t see Azmoun leaving any time soon this side of the transfer window. Especially with Dzyuba ageing also and unlikely be able to play all the games with the cups, Europe and League.

I can see Sardar staying this season.

Comment

Originally posted by Iran_19 View Post
                    Age becomes a factor for many clubs such as Dortmund which are known to invest on young and quiet unknown talents. Yes being Iranian is one thing but you can't always blame coaches, nationality, the country for lack of decent transfer of our players. In case of Azmoun, more he becomes older harder the long deal transfer will be. Specially for an Asian and Iranian player. As i said before, at 23 or max 24 he should already have been playing in top 3-4 leagues. At 21-22 he should have moved to Zenit. This time wasting(the second time with Kazan between 17 to 19) was totally stupid. Ruined two good years of his career. This is the time that he should have signed with Zenit and after that a transfer to top leagues.
                    Yap. He was ultraconservative when it came to such moves. Lots of fear.
                    But as I've said before if he didn't have his parents around I think he would have become a nobody.

Comment

But as I've said before if he didn't have his parents around I think he would have become a nobody.
                      Yes and he is still talking like a little kid, i mean if you compare his attitude and interviews with JB, it is day and night, however they are almost the same age.
                      Be har hal hich kas be andaze pedar madar bachasho nemishnase. hatman hamin immaturity ha ro didan ke hanoz bahashan....

Comment

100% Sardar is overly attached to his parents and unfortunately it keeps him from taking risks. He has never lived away from his family, I'm not sure how he would cope with being on his own in a country without his family close by. This attachment is why he has not matured and is highlighted when he "ghar kard" after the world cup and quit for a couple weeks.

We actually see this alot in our culture. Our mothers cling onto boys and want to be involved. Man can be 50 years old with wife and kids and the mom is still trying to influence their lives. Some push away and define boundaries (I had to with my mom who is a saint. I moved out at 18, been independent since etc and she still tries to decorate my house, tell me how to do my hair, and what I should do for my health based on what she heard on the radio...) Others welcome it like Sardar (Mom either lives with them or has keys to their house and is involved in their day to day life and how they live it)

I know at one point his dad was his Agent, I'm not sure if that's still the case or not.

None of the above take away the fact that he is a asset to TM and we are all very lucky to have him play for us!

Comment

Originally posted by Dubxl152 View Post
                          100% Sardar is overly attached to his parents and unfortunately it keeps him from taking risks. He has never lived away from his family, I'm not sure how he would cope with being on his own in a country without his family close by. This attachment is why he has not matured and is highlighted when he "ghar kard" after the world cup and quit for a couple weeks.

We actually see this alot in our culture. Our mothers cling onto boys and want to be involved. Man can be 50 years old with wife and kids and the mom is still trying to influence their lives. Some push away and define boundaries (I had to with my mom who is a saint. I moved out at 18, been independent since etc and she still tries to decorate my house, tell me how to do my hair, and what I should do for my health based on what she heard on the radio...) Others welcome it like Sardar (Mom either lives with them or has keys to their house and is involved in their day to day life and how they live it)

I know at one point his dad was his Agent, I'm not sure if that's still the case or not.

None of the above take away the fact that he is a asset to TM and we are all very lucky to have him play for us!
                          I think in Azmoun's case, without his parents he would be much worse off. He seems very immature, juvenile and naive. He doesn't seem to be that motivated either at times.

Without his parents he would have gone on the wrong path.

We had mature players like Mahdavikia, Hashemian and Nekounam who lived on their own in Europe from a young age and did really well. Some players can't handle that.

Comment

Ok but the other person I quoted was saying malen hasn't done anything compared to azmoun, which is a harsh claim considering what malen has done while being only 22.

Also they're pointing to the fact that Dortmund is paying 30m for malen while teams aren't risking much for azmoun.

You're not comparing players in the same situation.

Malen is younger and might even be content being on the bench for a while before he gets consistent playing time. Dortmund can also take more time waiting for him to improve.

Azmoun wouldn't be ok sitting on the bench and is already approaching 27...not as much time to wait and hope he becomes good....so he's also a bigger risk.

Point is, it makes sense that Dortmund would pay 30m for Malen while azmoun is still at zenit. Who knows how many offers zenit could have turned down. Things can change quickly though.

Comment

The dream is alive!

Comment

I’m willing to bet zenit will be more compelled by the Roma player swap + cash….zenit has been looking to add some talent to the squad and Roma has some solid options from zenit they might be able to chose from.
                                Team Meli Iran
                                Perspolis FC
                                Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

Working...
                                X