Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If we're judging off history, then Red Star Belgrade's champions league win makes them a better option than Everton, Roma, etc. Sporting merit is the most important at the end of the day for players who want to improve.

Let's just hope Azmoun makes a move.

Comment

Originally posted by CBT View Post
      No disrespect, and I truly mean it, but every current Leverkusen player would jump onto the first flight to Liverpool if they had an offer from Everton.

Also, Bayer Leverkusen has never won a Champions League... They won the UEFA cup against Espanyol like 30 years ago!

You are right Everton is not Man Utd/City, Liverpool or Chelsea, but still more internationally recognised and appealing, financially apt, and a solid EPL team. This is a team recently managed by Ancelotti and Koeman, with their current target man being the nr.1 striker of Brazilian national team (Richarlison). Just have a look at their players + accommodation dude.
      I would have to respectfully disagree with the above assertion. Naturally, we are all discussing these in a vacuum (as other factors come into play when players move, such as salary); but if in the hypothetical above those things are equal, I doubt many players (unless they lack foresight like the aforementioned Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang) would go from a club that has a great chance to play in the Champions League (5 out of last 10 years) to a mid-table team in England whose EPL finishes over the last 10 years look like the below (not impressive at all for a club that you call as "internationally recognized and appealing"; you have to play international soccer frequently to be internationally recognized and appealing after all):
      20/21 10
      19/20 12
      18/19 8
      17/18 8
      16/17 7
      15/16 11
      14/15 11
      13/14 5
      12/13 6
      11/12 7

Comment

No disrespect, and I truly mean it, but every current Leverkusen player would jump onto the first flight to Liverpool if they had an offer from Everton.

Also, Bayer Leverkusen has never won a Champions League... They won the UEFA cup against Espanyol like 30 years ago!

You are right Everton is not Man Utd/City, Liverpool or Chelsea, but still more internationally recognised and appealing, financially apt, and a solid EPL team. This is a team recently managed by Ancelotti and Koeman, with their current target man being the nr.1 striker of Brazilian national team (Richarlison). Just have a look at their players + accommodation dude.
        Literally nobody would “jump onto the first flight” to go to Everton lmao. Everton is shit compared to Leverkusen.

A lot of what you’re saying is very clearly based on the premier league bias that people overrate their league. Everton more internationally recognized than Bayer Leverkusen? Lmao. You clearly just have a bias towards English clubs. I guarantee you that more people have heard of Bayer Leverkusen than Everton

So what if they just had Ancelotti and have Richarlison as their striker? They finished 10th in the prem. If a “solid EPL” team finishes 10th then khoda rahm kone the bad EPL clubs

You clearly have a poor background on the history of Bayer Leverkusen. They’ve had several world class players in their history. Guys like Michael Ballack, Arturo Vidal, Son Heung Min, Toni Kronos, Bernd Leno, Ze Roberto

Bayer Leverkusen beats Everton no matter how you look at it.

History? Bayer Leverkusen
        Current team? Bayer Leverkusen
        European Record? Bayer Leverkusen
        Legends? Bayer Leverkusen

Comment

Originally posted by P-Rug View Post
          I would have to respectfully disagree with the above assertion. Naturally, we are all discussing these in a vacuum (as other factors come into play when players move, such as salary); but if in the hypothetical above those things are equal, I doubt many players (unless they lack foresight like the aforementioned Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang) would go from a club that has a great chance to play in the Champions League (5 out of last 10 years) to a mid-table team in England whose EPL finishes over the last 10 years look like the below (not impressive at all for a club that you call as "internationally recognized and appealing"; you have to play international soccer frequently to be internationally recognized and appealing after all):
          20/21 10
          19/20 12
          18/19 8
          17/18 8
          16/17 7
          15/16 11
          14/15 11
          13/14 5
          12/13 6
          11/12 7

I wish it was that easy to gain international recognition and appeal, by simply playing European Football.

Everton plays in the EPL, that is the most hyped-up and internationally recognised league in the world. That's why mediocre EPL teams can spend millions on players, national and international TV rights enable this. That's part of the international recognition. On top of that, have a look at current and past players/managers, that also provides some indication of international appeal/character/recognition.

We dont have to agree, that's the cool thing about forums. But some things are pretty obvious: Every current Leverkusen player would jump onto the first flight to Liverpool if they had an offer from Everton. Dont think you would disagree with this if being totally honest....

Comment

Sardar Azmoun is now the second best scoring foreigner in Russian football

1. Wagner Love (Brazil) - 124 goals in 259 matches
            2. Sardar Azmoun (Iran) - 96/239
            3. Seydou Doumbia (Ivory Coast) - 95/150
            4. Ari (Brazil) - 90/305
            5. Danny (Portugal) - 88/369
            6. Hulk (Brazil) - 77/148
            7. Christian Noboa (Ecuador) - 71/385
            8. Quincy Promes (Holland) - 69/147
            9. Welliton (Brazil) - 61/133
            10. Ahmed Musa (Nigeria) - 61/184

https://en.fc-zenit.ru/news/2021-07-...zarubezhya.htm

Comment

I wish it was that easy to gain international recognition and appeal, by simply playing European Football.

Everton plays in the EPL, that is the most hyped-up and internationally recognised league in the world. That's why mediocre EPL teams can spend millions on players, national and international TV rights enable this. That's part of the international recognition. On top of that, have a look at current and past players/managers, that also provides some indication of international appeal/character/recognition.

We dont have to agree, that's the cool thing about forums. But some things are pretty obvious: Every current Leverkusen player would jump onto the first flight to Liverpool if they had an offer from Everton. Dont think you would disagree with this if being totally honest....
              I am sorry but think we have to agree to disagree here (and looks like you are not winning over many others on here with just the "EPL is a great league" argument); purely on facts, which is standing in their own league and participation in international soccer, objectively speaking, soccer players with ambition to play with their peers and be in the limelight in the international arena don't jump from a frequent Champions league team to a mid-table EPL team that misses out on international soccer just because that team's league is supposedly the best in the world and may have more TV rights. As another member mentioned, that's purely ignoring facts and arguing with an EPL bias.

Comment

I'd much rather have a club gain earned recognition for European football than just by gaining unearned recognition from playing in the Premier league.
                By your logic, you'd probably take Brighton over Wolfsburg huh?

Comment

Originally posted by PrinceAli View Post
                  I'd much have a club gain earned recognition for European football than just by gaining unearned recognition from playing in the Premier league.
                  By your logic, you'd probably take Brighton over Wolfsburg huh?
                  Exactly on point!

Comment

Originally posted by diz View Post
                    Sardar Azmoun is now the second best scoring foreigner in Russian football
                    1. Wagner Love (Brazil) - 124 goals in 259 matches
                    2. Sardar Azmoun (Iran) - 96/239
                    3. Seydou Doumbia (Ivory Coast) - 95/150
                    4. Ari (Brazil) - 90/305
                    5. Danny (Portugal) - 88/369
                    6. Hulk (Brazil) - 77/148
                    7. Christian Noboa (Ecuador) - 71/385
                    8. Quincy Promes (Holland) - 69/147
                    9. Welliton (Brazil) - 61/133
                    10. Ahmed Musa (Nigeria) - 61/184
                    https://en.fc-zenit.ru/news/2021-07-...zarubezhya.htm
                    I guess he'll just have to settle for 2nd

Comment

From Leverkusen English Twitter account (dropping a cryptic hint Azmoun is coming soon?)

https://twitter.com/bayer04_en/statu...33917826977792

Comment

From Leverkusen English Twitter account (I think they are dropping a cryptic hint Azmoun is coming soon?)
                        https://twitter.com/bayer04_en/statu...33917826977792
                        Considering Rubin Kazan replied to the post with this, I would assume so. They get part of the transfer fee

Comment

I am sorry but think we have to agree to disagree here (and looks like you are not winning over many others on here with just the "EPL is a great league" argument); purely on facts, which is standing in their own league and participation in international soccer, objectively speaking, soccer players with ambition to play with their peers and be in the limelight in the international arena don't jump from a frequent Champions league team to a mid-table EPL team that misses out on international soccer just because that team's league is supposedly the best in the world and may have more TV rights. As another member mentioned, that's purely ignoring facts and arguing with an EPL bias.

Winning over souls is not my business bro, I leave that up to others.

I am simply reiterating the facts dude, that's not a bias. I dont even like the EPL, Spanish and Italian football has always been my game.

I dont write the rules, but playing well in the EPL leads to more recognition "by your peers" and the general public. That's why so many players lose their cool on fly off to UK once they have an EPL offer, with the majority of them actually doing not so well. That's the reality, the glamour of the EPL creates a blindspot for players and their agents/entourage.

I still believe that 9-10 footballers/managers would pick Everton and EPL over Bayer Leverkusen. A player like Richarlison and mangers like Ancelotti/Koeman wont easily land at Leverkusen...

For Sardar Italy or Spain would be the best option, but between Leverkusen and Everton he always should go for Everton. Period.

Comment

Originally posted by PrinceAli View Post
                            Considering Rubin Kazan replied to the post with this, I would assume so. They get part of the transfer fee
                            They literally tagged Zenit too it’s happening guys I think this deserves some light shambool slaughtering considering that Azmoun will go to Leverkusen smash this season then get picked up by Dortmund to help them dethrone Bayern👀🤝

Comment

Seems the move could be announced sometime this weekend. Can't wait. Fingers crossed

Comment

Omidvaram Sardar Ridemoni ke Yazdani o Mousavi to Leverkusen zadan o jobran kone. Pasha was injured though, so i am not judging him.

Comment

Working...
                                X