This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PEJ View Post
    No way Zenit is going to let him play out his contact.
    yup... and until more recently sardar had a high profile, famous scandalous agent (forgot his name?) and he couldnt muster anything to be considered as a juicy move, but a couple of loose links with napoli and lazio which both fell through..!!
    besides those big name agents with good connections cost an overall pretty penny to the player himself, so if you are an overrated tokhmy player who's talent can't back up himself alone, then it makes sense to give huge percentage commission to such agents in order to find attractive playing destination clubs that otherwise would not take notice of you based on your talent and performance merits alone..!!

nonetheless, i agree overall that our players in general need to improve their choice of agents... and being an Eyeranian, regardless of talent, they simply are not very marketable in Top Eu leagues and need to fork over the big bucks to top agents in order to gain respectful employment in EU top leagues ..!!

Comment

Did I just read it correctly that Everton is better than leverkusan?
      aside from the fact that club wise it isnt so, we must consider the league too.
      for an Asian, BPL is very difficult to get into, and even more difficult to make the team line up (let along starting).
      Now I dont doubt Azmoun's talent should be enough in 15 of the 20 clubs in BPL. But he comes with a huge baggage of being Iranian to top all the uphill tasks asian face.
      He has to work 300% harder than an african or south american.
      competition is more fierce simply becoz of the amount of money tat's available to even mid or lower table clubs, compared to almost all the rest of EU top leagues!
      And if that doesnt bear fruit & he still finds himself on the bench, it may impact his form, drive, ... .

Bundesliga is not as cut-throat as BPL.
      joining a mid-table club always has more chances of going higher .... if you perform well in the scant chances you get.

(I'm not saying BPL clubs are better than bundesliga. But there's that extra block or doubt or question [prejudice even?] that exists in english football, over all the shit we face in europe in general)

Comment

I really don’t see what’s bad about leverkusen move. Top 4-6 team in bundesliga, great history of player development, he goes to a talented young squad where he can be the focal point and also form a very interesting partnership with another super talent, but less prolific forward Patrick schick. The whole team lives in nearby dusseldorf, a beautiful clean city with lot of Iranians.

Honestly moves to roma, Milan are the same level as this. You can argue for roma being the worst out of 3 and maybe Milan being the best, but it’s very likely he’d be benched often for ibra there. The combo of strong team + azmoun going there as a designated starter for most part is very hard to find.

He really shouldn’t wait anymore. If he has a good season in leverkusen, very likely Bc of the style of football they play, suddenly he will be commanding interest from Dortmund to replace haaland, bayern to rotate with lewandowski, top 4-6 PL teams, inter milan (esp if lautaro moves next summer), etc.

Just don’t see the arguments against this move

Comment

Originally posted by inarsenewetrust View Post
          I really don’t see what’s bad about leverkusen move. Top 4-6 team in bundesliga, great history of player development, he goes to a talented young squad where he can be the focal point and also form a very interesting partnership with another super talent, but less prolific forward Patrick schick. The whole team lives in nearby dusseldorf, a beautiful clean city with lot of Iranians.

Honestly moves to roma, Milan are the same level as this. You can argue for roma being the worst out of 3 and maybe Milan being the best, but it’s very likely he’d be benched often for ibra there. The combo of strong team + azmoun going there as a designated starter for most part is very hard to find.

He really shouldn’t wait anymore. If he has a good season in leverkusen, very likely Bc of the style of football they play, suddenly he will be commanding interest from Dortmund to replace haaland, bayern to rotate with lewandowski, top 4-6 PL teams, inter milan (esp if lautaro moves next summer), etc.

100% agree with all of the above you mentioned. I think most who are proponents of Roma vs Leverkusen just romanticize Roma based on past history/the city etc. Especially with Mourinho there, it could be a disaster. And Leverkusen with that cast of players, can be a great stepping stone for him to attract offers from better teams in 1-2 years.

Comment

Even if Roma and milan were in worse shape than leverkusen, they have more spotlights on them. Lately I didn't know one player from leverkusen (except schick which I remember he played there during euro 2020), but I always know some from roma/milan even during their bad season. I remember roma was in semi of EL last season and semi of UCL some years ago. I don't remember anything like that about leverkusen since 2020.

I agree about potential dortmund or bayern move from bayer but don't think any top team outside Germany going after azmoun after a successful season with bayern. More likely some midtable English players like aston villa or everton like for their winger bailey.

Comment

Originally posted by PSGman#19 View Post
              Even if Roma and milan were in worse shape than leverkusen, they have more spotlights on them. Lately I didn't know one player from leverkusen (except schick which I remember he played there during euro 2020), but I always know some from roma/milan even during their bad season. I remember roma was in semi of EL last season and semi of UCL some years ago. I don't remember anything like that about leverkusen since 2020.
              I agree about potential dortmund or bayern move from bayer but don't think any top team outside Germany going after azmoun after a successful season with bayern. More likely some midtable English players like aston villa or everton like for their winger bailey.
              Not too long ago, Leverkusen has had players like Kai Havertz (sold to Chelsea), Kevin Volland (sold to Monaco), Julian Brandt (sold to Dortmund) on their roster; they continuously have good talent on their roster (and like other German teams like Dortmund, end up selling them to bigger teams and rinse and repeat); and over the last 10 years, they and Roma have both qualified 5 times for the CL (so Roma does not have the nod over them on that front either). And I think most scouts would probably agree that the German league overall is a better league than the Italian league at the moment.

Comment

not true really. Havertz quickly went to chelsea and had bayern offer, son went to tottenham, brandt to dortmund, leno to arsenal all very recently. Bailey has a bunch of teams going after him, not just villa and everton. Florian Wirtz seems destined to go to bayern eventually (only 18).

I dont see who Roma made for top teams recently besides salah.

Anyways, in case of Azmoun I dont get why we make it so complicated making some issue for every interested team. Roma, AC milan, leverkusen are all similar level, you can make arguments for all of them, bottom line is they are all 100000x better than staying in fucking zenit for another year. They all have way more "spotlight" on them. Also good thing is spotlight comes with performance! Nothing else. IF he plays good in leverkusen you dont need to worry about him getting "spotlight".

And leverkusen have big potential to make noise this year if they add azmoun, at least according to many bundesliga followers. Seems they are finally spending the Havertz money (EU80 million) to reinforce the squad. Likes of Kossonou (highly rated Ivorian Brugge CB, signed him for over EU20 million), Azmoun, etc to go with already talented squad means they will be fun to watch.

Comment

Exactly, that was my point as well. You can't simply compare Leverkusen with the other rumoured suiters of Sardar: Sevilla/AC Milan/Roma/Everton. They are deemed top European teams, with a rich history, international character, impeccable infrastructure/organisation and noteworthy financial possibilities. No disrespect to Leverkusen, really, but just two different levels.

More bluntly, I think most of the current top Leverkusen players would sign for these teams without any hesitation!!

I even deem FC Porto as a bigger and better team than Leverkusen, I would love to see him at Porto next to Taremi. 2 years of top performance at Porto and you are guaranteed a multi-million transfer to Italy/Spain/Engeland, just check their transfer stats between 2010-2020!

Sardar is now 26, he shouldn't take another in-between club like Leverkusen, he should have done that during his Kazan/Rostov period. He should aim higher, but again, given his not so great management team a bit of luck is needed I believe.

Comment

not true really. Havertz quickly went to chelsea and had bayern offer, son went to tottenham, brandt to dortmund, leno to arsenal all very recently. Bailey has a bunch of teams going after him, not just villa and everton. Florian Wirtz seems destined to go to bayern eventually (only 18).

I dont see who Roma made for top teams recently besides salah.

Anyways, in case of Azmoun I dont get why we make it so complicated making some issue for every interested team. Roma, AC milan, leverkusen are all similar level, you can make arguments for all of them, bottom line is they are all 100000x better than staying in fucking zenit for another year
                    Roma send lucas Digne (a clown) to Barcelona. Florenzi (an other clown) to PSG. Marquihnos (a good player) to PSG.

All the players you quoted and that transfered from bayer to top clubs are German international or high prospect. When you are a German talent you are hyped (deservedly or not that not the question), all the top clubs have an eye on you whether you play for leverkusen or bochum.

Azmoun had its own small hype (the Iranian messi) btw but it wasn't enough.

Agreen on your last sentence

Comment

Since when is Everton a “top European team”? I don’t think they’ve won anything in decades. Never even been in the CL group stages. Not sure they’ve even finished top 4 in the last 20 years?

Comment

Sorry guys thats typical iranian. Most times we iranians choose something which is allegedly fancy. Leverkusen is a full option Volkswagen, while AS Roma is more like a outdated alfa romeo. But as we iranians tend to be we would always choose the fancy looking alfa romeo.

Comment

Everton are shit. The only reason they were acceptable option before was presence of strong coach, he has now left. Add to that they have calvert Lewin english international performing excellently, very similar style to sardar, and dont play two up front. Not close to as good as leverkusen move lol.

The only team I see being better than leverkusen for azmoun (I see milan, roma as similar level, I prefer the germans personally) is sevilla. Issue there is En Nesyri seems like he stays for another year so no guarantee of starting/sevilla making an official move to go with their interest reported few months ago

Comment

Lol I can’t believe what I’m reading. Everton a top European team? With a richer history?
                            Everton has played a total of 10 Champions league matches in their history and won only 2 of those matches
                            Compare that to Leverkusen who has made the Champions League final before and played a total of 111 UCL matches with 42 wins

some people will say anything to just have something to complain about. Pathetic

Comment

Originally posted by Ari View Post
                              Sorry guys thats typical iranian. Most times we iranians choose something which is allegedly fancy. Leverkusen is a full option Volkswagen, while AS Roma is more like a outdated alfa romeo. But as we iranians tend to be we would always choose the fancy looking alfa romeo.
                              You hit the nail on the head; Roma is the fancy, shiny club, so people romanticize over that move.

The best example of a player making a mistake like that in recent times is Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang; he wanted to go from Dortmund to Arsenal (i.e. the supposedly bigger name, fancier team); and he went from consistently playing Champions League year in and year out to a team that at best could qualify for the Europa League and at worst has missed European soccer altogether. Sometimes it's best to make the logical/practical move based on the team's status and prospects right now, than their rich history in the distant past.

Comment

Originally posted by PrinceAli View Post
                                Lol I can’t believe what I’m reading. Everton a top European team? With a richer history?
                                Everton has played a total of 10 Champions league matches in their history and won only 2 of those matches
                                Compare that to Leverkusen who has made the Champions League final before and played a total of 111 UCL matches with 42 wins

some people will say anything to just have something to complain about. Pathetic

No disrespect, and I truly mean it, but every current Leverkusen player would jump onto the first flight to Liverpool if they had an offer from Everton.

Also, Bayer Leverkusen has never won a Champions League... They won the UEFA cup against Espanyol like 30 years ago!

You are right Everton is not Man Utd/City, Liverpool or Chelsea, but still more internationally recognised and appealing, financially apt, and a solid EPL team. This is a team recently managed by Ancelotti and Koeman, with their current target man being the nr.1 striker of Brazilian national team (Richarlison). Just have a look at their players + accommodation dude.

Comment

Working...
                                X