This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

well deserved, exciting to watch draw for Zenit

possibly proof that they shouldnt change to an unfamiliar nervous defending tactics when playing in CL AND they should play their brand of attacking football and let the result be whatever it may end up be ...!! better to even go out playing your own brand of football, than the bs unfamiliar with chicken shit supposedly defensive tactics..!

Comment

somebody said on here yesterday after taremi bad game that this is worrying for iranian football and shows true level.

To them I say today, which non EU/ Non SA country can currently say that had 1 CF involved in most critical match of CL on tuesday, he failed to deliver, and the next day they have the other CF delivering big against champions of europe??

There are really none at all. Possibly algeria and morocco, two teams we have beaten in recent times, that is it.

That is objectively impressive. So many people here have shit on azmoun for no reason at all in recent months, now some of you same guys go for taremi like a bunch of pathetic lashkhors. These two are gems, they are not world class players, but they are able to affect games against the very best on any given night and they compliment each other so damn well.

Azmoun and Taremi are the brand of iranian football, anything positive in our current footballing image is bc of them and CQ, and its about time to show some proper support and recognition of that.

Doesnt mean we cant be critical and zoom on what they need to improve, but we also need to have some perspective.

I honestly, from objective pov, see nothing that says azmoun cannot play for this same chelsea team. I dont think he is a worse player than werner, and I think he would actually fit into a lot of the systems they play better than werner does, and provide a real 9 option when lukaku cant play, or to play off lukaku. I am sure he will get a much better move than lyon. Now is time for him to rest, use winter to recooperate. He had a strong first half of the season despite injury issues and being in and out of training. He delivered critical CL goals and re-established himself for the 4th independent time in European competition (Rostov, Zenit in EL winter of joining, Zenit in CL first time, one weak CL season, now Zenit in CL year 3). That is not easy and proves that his goals are no fluke whatsoever if he can do it again and again and again.

He has improved his finishing, his linkup play, and his physicality and can now hang with the worlds best even when it is known he is the danger man, and even when he is playing as Lone 9 (something many people on here said he isnt good at supposedly). Real scouts and people who know football, not iranian fans who change their opinion about players based on if they can see them "running hard" or not, will see all of this and more details, you can be sure of that.

Comment

If Zenit had played like this in the two games against Juve and had a fit Sardar for the away Malmo game then they could have gone through. They were unlucky in the away game at Chelsea too , didn’t deserve to lose that one.

Comment

Originally posted by inarsenewetrust View Post
          somebody said on here yesterday after taremi bad game that this is worrying for iranian football and shows true level.

To them I say today, which non EU/ Non SA country can currently say that had 1 CF involved in most critical match of CL on tuesday, he failed to deliver, and the next day they have the other CF delivering big against champions of europe??

There are really none at all. Possibly algeria and morocco, two teams we have beaten in recent times, that is it.

That is objectively impressive. So many people here have shit on azmoun for no reason at all in recent months, now some of you same guys go for taremi like a bunch of pathetic lashkhors. These two are gems, they are not world class players, but they are able to affect games against the very best on any given night and they compliment each other so damn well.

Azmoun and Taremi are the brand of iranian football, anything positive in our current footballing image is bc of them and CQ, and its about time to show some proper support and recognition of that.
          Doesnt mean we cant be critical and zoom on what they need to improve, but we also need to have some perspective.
          Taremi has always had his haters. So has Azmoun.

Too many people have gotten used to peak Messi and CR7. They have forgotten or don't know that before those 2, most forwards would go through drops in form and goalscoring droughts all the time. We are very unfair to our own players. We have people who praised playstation players like Abdulrahman of UAE because he dribbled past a donkey in the UAE league once, but want to destroy our players because they didn't score a wonder goal that require a less than a millisecond perfect reaction in some of the most high-pressure sporting situations on earth.

Also picking up on another comment you made earlier - I randomly watched the highlights of Iran-South Korea in 2016 (can't believe it was 5 years ago) last night, and it is amazing how much Taremi, Azmoun and Jahanbakhsh have bulked up. They are way stronger now.

Comment

With the teams in the EL, I can't imagine Zenit makes a far run. Would be better for Azmoun to make a move in winter

Comment

Originally posted by Dortmund View Post
              With the teams in the EL, I can't imagine Zenit makes a far run. Would be better for Azmoun to make a move in winter
              I disagree. With a decent draw which they will get at least in round 1, they can at least have 2 high profilish games in the spring with a good chance to make that 4 if they get through.

Given what they showed today they can do it if they approach the game right.

Doesnt make sense to jump ship for half ass lyon move considering what he is showing right now. He can do much better if he plays his cards right and goes on a free.

Comment

I am not a fan at all of winter moves - they have less chance of working out (his move to Zenit was different as winter break and occasional EL game gave him chance to integrate with team). Moving in the middle of a tough season into a tough league with less time to adapt and work with your new colleagues and more pressure on you. Summer move is much better .

Comment

Originally posted by inarsenewetrust View Post

I honestly, from objective pov, see nothing that says azmoun cannot play for this same chelsea team. I dont think he is a worse player than werner, and I think he would actually fit into a lot of the systems they play better than werner does, and provide a real 9 option when lukaku cant play, or to play off lukaku. I am sure he will get a much better move than lyon. Now is time for him to rest, use winter to recooperate. He had a strong first half of the season despite injury issues and being in and out of training. He delivered critical CL goals and re-established himself for the 4th independent time in European competition (Rostov, Zenit in EL winter of joining, Zenit in CL first time, one weak CL season, now Zenit in CL year 3). That is not easy and proves that his goals are no fluke whatsoever if he can do it again and again and again.

He has improved his finishing, his linkup play, and his physicality and can now hang with the worlds best even when it is known he is the danger man, and even when he is playing as Lone 9 (something many people on here said he isnt good at supposedly). Real scouts and people who know football, not iranian fans who change their opinion about players based on if they can see them "running hard" or not, will see all of this and more details, you can be sure of that.
                  Thank you 🙏🏻 That’s the mentality I want to see. Don’t bash our players, give them confidence instead. These guys work so hard to perform well in their teams and Team Melli, no reason for people to talk shit about them and bash them when they don’t perform. As I said before, these guys are more disappointed than us when their teams fail to advance. Just give them a break and let them read some positive feedback also 🙏🏻❤️

Comment

Really strong game from Sardar, that should be more than enough to get the interest again of the top teams who allegedly are interested.

However that was very foolish of him to try and continue to play after he very clearly rolled his ankle awkwardly. One unfortunate injury is all it will take to play zenit a hand strongly back towards Sardar…..he needs to stay fit.
                    Team Meli Iran
                    Perspolis FC
                    Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

Originally posted by Shantaram View Post
                      Thank you 🙏🏻 That’s the mentality I want to see. Don’t bash our players, give them confidence instead. These guys work so hard to perform well in their teams and Team Melli, no reason for people to talk shit about them and bash them when they don’t perform. As I said before, these guys are more disappointed than us when their teams fail to advance. Just give them a break and let them read some positive feedback also 🙏🏻❤️
                      I agree to an extent. Professional players deserve criticism sometimes. It’s normal and comes with territory. What I don’t get is criticism without perspective. Azmoun and taremi are our best, they are by objective standpoint excellent players, when you are criticizing them for a bad game or two you have to keep that in mind, specially when you make sweeping generalizations about the “iranian level” Bc one of them doesn’t score for 2 CL games. This is the highest level of global football, you don’t always get to win and be the hero, just look at struggles azmoun has been through. He is now a much better player Bc of it. If you understand football and can recognize his talent, you will have stuck with him even if he didn’t score last season Bc of having been rushed back from covid and being isolated in weak zenit team.

Doesn’t mean we can’t criticize or they can’t improve, they aren’t world class players so they can always keep improving and have clear weaknesses. But there is a difference between that and attacking them with loser mentality some in this board show

Comment

Sardar yek sath balataar az Taremi ast.

Be nazare man askhaare ke Sardar bozorgshodeye footbaale biroon az Iran ast va Taremi hanooz kami az rage lige Iran raa daare az nazare ZEHNI va TASMIMGIRI.

Amma arzeshe har dotaashon dar TM aslan nemishe zire soal bord.
                        DROOD BAR AHMAD KASRAVI.

Comment

Originally posted by Ardalan View Post
                          Sardar yek sath balataar az Taremi ast.

Be nazare man askhaare ke Sardar bozorgshodeye footbaale biroon az Iran ast va Taremi hanooz kami az rage lige Iran raa daare az nazare ZEHNI va TASMIMGIRI.

Amma arzeshe har dotaashon dar TM aslan nemishe zire soal bord.
                          Sardar has been and always will be the best TM player in his era. Doesn't mean that Taremi isn't a close second and a beast. Just shows how good Azmoun actually is.

Comment

If you could mix Sardar and Mehdi, you would get a Legendary Striker.
                            "History is a set of lies that people have agreed upon,"

Comment

Originally posted by Ali Doust View Post
                              If you could mix Sardar and Mehdi, you would get a Legendary Striker.
                              Mix Sardar with Karimi and you get on of the best players that have ever played the game. Hehe

Comment

No need to mix anybody with anybody.

What makes sardar so good is that around the box his mind comes alive. Look at this movement off the ball. The timing of the runs and quality of his double movements are the world class parts about his game. His instinct for that shit is next level. He worked on his finishing and body strength and link up play a lot to get them too high level so he can execute what his football IQ makes possible most of the time now.

If he did the work Taremi does off the ball he couldnt be so deadly in those key moments, thats just natural. You dont see lewandowski or ronaldo doing what taremi does off the ball.

Likewise if taremi did what sardar specializes in he couldnt do all of the playmaking, pressing work that he does. And if that was the case TM would have two very similar players and we would probably be handicapped.

Their combination and individual specialities are what make them the only truly international caliber players we have at our disposal that can harm any defense in the world.

All TM has to do is find a way to get them a solid supply line and stabilize the defense and midfield behind them, and suddenly we have a shot vs most teams.

Comment

Working...
                                X