Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I dont mind the overall result cause I wasn't really expecting points anyways. This group is practically set with Chelsea and Juve anyways. Zenit just need to ensure they beat Malmo for 3rd place and hope for a good draw in Europa League

Comment

Azmoun's team was useless in terms of creating attacking opportunities. Lukaku is world class, I hope both Chelsea and Zenit progress
      --------------------------Beiranvand-------------------
      --Moharrami----Hosseini--Kanaani----Amiri--
      ------------------Ezatolahi-----Ebrahimi--------------
      --Jahanbaksh---------Ghoddos------------Taremi--
      ---------------------------Azmoun----------------------

Comment

what are we expecting the lad to do when zenith's midfield is total garbage?
        whatever he did, was about what ANY top class striker would be able to do in such an inferior team against a stacked team like chelsea, in an away game.
        This match up was severely imbalanced and one sided. in every category.

with a less imbalanced match up, and half decent midfielders feeding him, he would do great.
        In a leicester or Lazio or Villareal kind of team he would flourish.

Comment

Originally posted by Shantaram View Post
          Sorry but I just needed to say this to you! Azmoun is a world class striker and I can tell you if he was in a team like Chelsea he would of killed it all day all night. Much better all around player than Lukaku also!
          true that .... you surround him with that much world class talent as Lukaku and he is bound to get you even more goal than him ? or at least similar stats..!! he is a super clever killer beast in and around the box... a half pass here or deflection there and next thing you know he'd be on the spot to burry it in back of the net..!!

i also believe that his game has already begun to regress by staying in that farmers league in russia and not being forced to challenge himself against better defenders and Mfdrs..!! in fact, to me, he looked so much more promising back when he first joined Rubin..!!
          cant wait for him to leave russia ..!

Comment

Despite the loss, decent game for Zenit at Stanford Bridge playing the CL winner. They contained Chelsea pretty well, while having far less quality at every single position.

Was reading some of the posts here prior to the start of the match, and was truly astonished by lack of insight and game intelligence by some of the forum members. They made it seem as if Chelsea was going to play Nassaji Mazandaran….. Many predicted a huge ass whooping for Zenit, somebody actually said Zenit would be “raped” by Chelsea!!

Cant wait for the Pre-Match talk of the Juventus game!

Comment

Comment

^ Azmoun looks to be in phenomenal physical shape, good on him. He has been working out hard
                --------------------------Beiranvand-------------------
                --Moharrami----Hosseini--Kanaani----Amiri--
                ------------------Ezatolahi-----Ebrahimi--------------
                --Jahanbaksh---------Ghoddos------------Taremi--
                ---------------------------Azmoun----------------------

Comment

Originally posted by Shantaram View Post
                  Sorry but I just needed to say this to you! Azmoun is a world class striker and I can tell you if he was in a team like Chelsea he would of killed it all day all night. Much better all around player than Lukaku also!
                  I would have to heavily disagree with you. Azmoun is definitely not world class. Only few forwards /strikers can be considered world class. You use the term way too loosely if you believe azmoun is world class.

Also, to claim he's an all around much better player than lukaku....come on.

Don't get me wrong. I like azmoun a lot and rate him well.

I'm not saying he can't do some great things or even suddenly play at a world class level in couple years, but right now, you can't give him this label.

Comment

Honestly rewatching the breakaway chance even he did a great job to get it under control initially, ball from wendel was well behind him. Rudiger is just a rapid defender and has emerged as one of the top in europe under tuchel. That third touch being slightly long gave him the opportunity to rescue it, most defenders wouldnt have caught up. This is a level of detail that gets capitalized on at only the highest levels. It is hard to go from RPL standard to such a standard in the space of 1 game. Thats why its imperative he moves to a better league ASAP.

And the ball to dzyuba was perfect...he really fcked up missing that.

Zenit had enough chances to draw this game, bit annoyed they couldnt get the result this much improved performance merited.

A point away to CL champs would have been a massive psychological boost for them.

Comment

That was some world class miss by Dzyuba. Sardar did all the hard work and served him up what should have been a goal on a platter.
                      The REAL. The LEGEND. Since 2001.

Comment

Yeah his 'break away' was not easy. Ball was played too slowly and too far behind him, he actually did a great job of muscling Azpilicueta off and playing the ball away from him. Last touch to set up the shot was a tad too far to the right but if it was more to the left it would've allowed Azpi to get a foot in as well.

Comment

Azmoun played a decent game considering the circumstance.

Sent from my MAR-LX3A using Tapatalk

Comment

My dear forum members,
                            When we anticipated Chelsea dominating Zenith, we didn't mean 5-0 wins. We mean them completely shutting down Zenith, which is the new Chelsea style. Chelsea likes to win with a goal or two and then close all paths to goal.
                            Zenith surprisingly did much better than anticipated and if it wasn't for Dzyuba missing that chance, they would have gotten a respectable 1-1 tie. Now let's see what they do versus a team like Malmo, where they actually need to go on the attack.

Also Azmoun did pretty damn well on that shot some of you talked about. He had 3 defenders on him and almost made it. It was described here as it was just him and the goalie!
                            Last edited by Nokhodi; 09-15-2021, 08:24 AM.

Comment

Not sure if it's been mentioned here before, but Azmoun is the RPL's most valuable player.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CT2M4kiK...dium=copy_link

Comment

Comment

Working...
                                X