Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Zenit twitter said that was Sardar’s 100th goal in Russia , well done to him.

https://mobile.twitter.com/fczenit_e...75213315964932

Comment

How not even 1 of the big teams is after him is beyond me...Not talking about Leverkusen, Lyon or Roma but Juventus, Liverpool, Barca, Atletico, ... Hope this was his last goal for Zenit and if not, i hope he bangs in 3 in the CL group stages.

Comment

Originally posted by ShiroKhorshid View Post
        How not even 1 of the big teams is after him is beyond me...Not talking about Leverkusen, Lyon or Roma but Juventus, Liverpool, Barca, Atletico, ... Hope this was his last goal for Zenit and if not, i hope he bangs in 3 in the CL group stages.
        yes but the problem is they will be so outplayed how is he suposed to score in those games? not gonna happen. vs malmö okey perhaps 1 or 2 goals at best

Comment

Originally posted by Ab-Gosht View Post
          yes but the problem is they will be so outplayed how is he suposed to score in those games? not gonna happen. vs malmö okey perhaps 1 or 2 goals at best
          Like you said 1, 2 against Malmö is possible, so why not 1,2 more in 4 matches against Juve/Chelsea...
          Sardar got the quality, he was able to score on Bayern and Atletico with Rostov 5 years ago, and hes obvisously improved quite a bit since then

Comment

My thoughts on this never ending transfer saga has always been the same: If no attractive club comes by, Sardar should keep his cool, keep doing his thing (scoring goals), sit out his contract, and land a big ass move as free agent in summer 2022! Playing Champions League in the coming months makes this even more likely!

Lyon or Leverkusen would be a lateral move, nothing more, as those clubs would once again serve as a steppingstone.

Comment

Really wish for a team to come out of nowhere and snatch him before the deadline

He’s done his part by starting off the season in great form. Now someone needs to step up and sign him

Comment

Inter sold Lukaku for 115 milion € and got a 35 year old Dzeko as replacement...
                Instead they could have easily spent 15% out of that 115 milion and get Sardar who would be a great pair with Lautaro. Guess
                being iranian is not cool enough, its on Sardar and Taremi to change this in the next years.

Comment

its time for some people to recognize REALITY. not these fantasies of azmoun going from zenit to dortmund or inter, its just not happening.

RPL is 9th! league in europe now, behind SCOTLAND!!! no RPL team has won a game in CL for over a year...and Spartak, Sochi, Rubin and all their others teams that participated in CL/EL/ECL qualifiers were dumped out in early rounds this year. If you watched todays game again, you would clearly notice, the level of the league is piss poor.

Zenit signed a couple good players recently in wendel and claudinho, still struggling to get anything consistent out of them, nevermind malcom who is being used to like 1/10th of his potential by Semak.

This team will get raped in Champions League, just like their embarassing performance last season where they couldnt even beat club brugge...

And for sardar to be associated with such performances is detrimental to his mkt value and overall image. They wont advance from the group, if hes very lucky they beat malmo and he scores a couple there, will hardly push the needle for a bigger transfer. Az koon shans biyare vs Chelsea/Juventus in 4 games they create him 2 clear cut opportunities. You just have to be realistic with what this team is capable of.

In Lyon there is a well respected coach who wants sardar. His style ultimately doesnt bring titles but it is interesting enough for dortmund, leverkusen, lyon to all take him. Forwards on his teams generally get huge numbers of chances and lyon has a midfield and wing line just loaded with talent.

Ultmately, wasting another year of his prime at zenit just to make a transfer comparable to Lyon/Leverkusen/Roma at the end of the season, ok maybe slightly better like Atalanta, just isnt worth it.

A great season in lyon however pushes the needle much more. Then teams like Atletico,Juve,top PL teams, etc will take notice as they always do with the top players in Ligue 1. And the chances of a great year are high. Coach already loves him, doesnt need to prove himself, will adopt whatever system gets the most out of him. He enters from day 1 as the main man, except now on a team with much more potential in a league with much more visibility. Lyon with Sardar and maybe another edition can plan for a strong run in EL too if Bosz can reorganize them after shit start, more chance of great exposure for sardar. How many years do we have to go with the "1 more year in Russia" before we realize it wont lead to anything significantly better than what he is getting now?

Comment

Originally posted by inarsenewetrust View Post
                    its time for some people to recognize REALITY. not these fantasies of azmoun going from zenit to dortmund or inter, its just not happening.

RPL is 9th! league in europe now, behind SCOTLAND!!! no RPL team has won a game in CL for over a year...and Spartak, Sochi, Rubin and all their others teams that participated in CL/EL/ECL qualifiers were dumped out in early rounds this year. If you watched todays game again, you would clearly notice, the level of the league is piss poor.

Zenit signed a couple good players recently in wendel and claudinho, still struggling to get anything consistent out of them, nevermind malcom who is being used to like 1/10th of his potential by Semak.

This team will get raped in Champions League, just like their embarassing performance last season where they couldnt even beat club brugge...

And for sardar to be associated with such performances is detrimental to his mkt value and overall image. They wont advance from the group, if hes very lucky they beat malmo and he scores a couple there, will hardly push the needle for a bigger transfer. Az koon shans biyare vs Chelsea/Juventus in 4 games they create him 2 clear cut opportunities. You just have to be realistic with what this team is capable of.

In Lyon there is a well respected coach who wants sardar. His style ultimately doesnt bring titles but it is interesting enough for dortmund, leverkusen, lyon to all take him. Forwards on his teams generally get huge numbers of chances and lyon has a midfield and wing line just loaded with talent.

Ultmately, wasting another year of his prime at zenit just to make a transfer comparable to Lyon/Leverkusen/Roma at the end of the season, ok maybe slightly better like Atalanta, just isnt worth it.

A great season in lyon however pushes the needle much more. Then teams like Atletico,Juve,top PL teams, etc will take notice as they always do with the top players in Ligue 1.
                    Perfectly said.
                    Gone the days where one/two goals in WC or in UCL were enough to get a big transfer.
                    Taremi scored a goal against juventus and an other one against Chelsea in QF, no European club (top or not) showed interest this summer.

Comment

Its definately possible to transfer from Zenit to a top club... Paredes went from Zenit straight to PSG, Witsel went from Zenit to CHINA and from CHINA to Dortmund at the age of 30... But these guys are Argentinian and Belgian respectively which makes them more special i guess..

Comment

Its definately possible to transfer from Zenit to a top club... Paredes went from Zenit straight to PSG, Witsel went from Zenit to CHINA and from CHINA to Dortmund at the age of 30... But these guys are Argentinian and Belgian respectively which makes them more special i guess..
                        so we wait for PSG and dortmund to make move for him? If they didnt buy him this summer for cut price deal of <20 mio, what makes us think they will go for him next summer, a year older and another year of being associated with zenit clusterfuck in europe?

One guy you mention played for Roma before that, the other Witsel was a leader on the most loaded belgian side ever through many international tournaments, and fantastic for a much stronger zenit side in CL/EL. His pedigree was never in doubt.

I agree, sardar deserves move to a very strong CL team right now, but if its not coming he shouldnt cry and say its unfair...Better to stop wasting time and go prove it for every asshole to see.

Comment

Okay, Paredes this, Witsel that...What about Emre Mor transfering from FC Nordsjeland straight to Dortmund? I can give you lots and lots of other examples even...

My point is, Zenit is not a small club, it is definately possible to move from there to a top club. If its possible to do that for a 19 year old from Nordsjeland, than it definately should be doable from Zenit too. If Sardar was South American, european or african im sure he would not be playin for Zenit right now.

Comment

I’m with you on that one , the performances so far this season have shown that he has outgrown Zenit - he has been their attacking threat in every game , he is officially the best player in the league. He owes them nothing and a fresh club will be great to show ‘hey I can do it outside of Russia too.’ The Russian league is getting worse so now is a great time to get out.

I have a sneaky feeling that other clubs may come in for him as well before the end of the transfer window, he is an absolute steal. Yes they may not be the highest claibre of team but they are teams who fight for Champions League places and potentially the league. If he can prove he can succeed at these clubs then a 27 year old proven goal scorer becomes a very marketable player to the top top clubs.

Comment

Okay, Paredes this, Witsel that...What about Emre Mor transfering from FC Nordsjeland straight to Dortmund? I can give you lots and lots of other examples even...

My point is, Zenit is not a small club, it is definately possible to move from there to a top club. If its possible to do that for a 19 year old from Nordsjeland, than it definately should be doable from Zenit too. If Sardar was South American, european or african im sure he would not be playin for Zenit right now.
                              I know you are using Mor as an example but he has failed spectacularly in his career. Emre Mor went to Dortmund as a future talent and he wasn’t good enough . It is known that the Liverpool interest in Sardar was concrete but he didn’t want to go as he wanted to be the starting player and not just a squad player, as much as we moan at Sardar he has made some clever choices and chosen playing time over anything else. He now feels he is at the right stage in his career to leave his comfort zone.

Comment

I dont get the pessimism on this forum wrt Sardar's future, believe me if something good comes along he'll jump on it.

We should have a bit of faith in our boy Realism is taking into account all plausible scenarios, not only the most dramatic/pessimistic one... We just have to wait and see!

If nothing comes by that is interesting, so be it. Why the fuss? Our boy is clearly happy at Zenit, is in a great shape at club and country level, and is doing literally all he can on the field to prove he is among Europe's top strikers. The comments by Bosz wrt Sardar further underscore his unique qualities, it's a pity Bosz is currently managing a rather mediocre Ligue 1 team, he would have been a great coach to Sardar otherwise.

Let's keep our cool and see what happens.....

Comment

Working...
                                X