X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kian_khosh View Post
    and if my grandmother had wheels she would have been a bike
    [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23] begoo docharkhe

Serious note would love to see Ali make a cameo on Thursday. I know it's early and he just joined but would love to see him get +-30 mins.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

Comment

Nice summary and analysis
      https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=uABXLT...ature=youtu.be

Comment

as expected he did not make the conference league squad

damn this Arne Slot guy why didn’t he take JB with him?

just joking

Comment

Originally posted by Frank Ocean View Post
          as expected he did not make the conference league squad

damn this Arne Slot guy why didn’t he take JB with him?

just joking
          Logically makes perfect sense.

But my irrational Persian football fan self is disappointed [emoji3525]

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by ABalls View Post
            Ha I get the sense he is going to dominate this league again.
            he should do quiet well but highly doubtful he has the pedigree to dominate the league in his first season back and after benching for so long..!!?
            The best thing about this move is that he is going to Team that is going to play him regularly in his Strongest position RW in a system of play that he is well familiar with and comfortable playing that role and even more Importantly in a lower-pace-of-play League that often Affords him much SPACE to do his damage..!!

any halfway decent footballer can look like a world beater when given Time and Space to do his thing on the ball/in the pitch....! IMO the true footballing talent gems rise to the top when they are afforded little Time and Space and still find a way to impose themselves on the game...!! that's when you know you got yourself a true, world class, high pedigree player.. .!!
            and that Alireza isnt and tbh, has never been (i had that arguments with folks here in peak of his career at AZ and i was the only 1 in his first ever BHA thread doubting he could replicate his AZ game in EPL..!!) however if playing/mostly training in a superior league has'nt thought him at least a little on how to impose himself on the game when afforded little Space and Time then he will never be anything more than just a big fish in a small pond and of limited value to TM...!!

Comment

Originally posted by BacheLot View Post
              he should do quiet well but highly doubtful he has the pedigree to dominate the league in his first season back and after benching for so long..!!?
              The best thing about this move is that he is going to Team that is going to play him regularly in his Strongest position RW in a system of play that he is well familiar with and comfortable playing that role and even more Importantly in a lower-pace-of-play League that often Affords him much SPACE to do his damage..!!

any halfway decent footballer can look like a world beater when given Time and Space to do his thing on the ball/in the pitch....! IMO the true footballing talent gems rise to the top when they are afforded little Time and Space and still find a way to impose themselves on the game...!! that's when you know you got yourself a true, world class, high pedigree player.. .!!
              and that Alireza isnt and tbh, has never been (i had that arguments with folks here in peak of his career at AZ and i was the only 1 in his first ever BHA thread doubting he could replicate his AZ game in EPL..!!) however if playing/mostly training in a superior league has'nt thought him at least a little on how to impose himself on the game when afforded little Space and Time then he will never be anything more than just a big fish in a small pond and of limited value to TM...!!
              exactly. And if you look closely at his numbers for Az in that one standout season (before that really he was nothing special) there were very few impressive performances vs the top teams in the division. Think he scored 1 pk against ajax, he did actually play well that game if I recall correctly but AZ striker (not weghorst, the backup) was horrible and ruined a couple great balls. But that was his only goal vs Ajax, PSV, Feyenoord (or assist) which really makes you consider how much he was stat padding vs the other teams (some of which are basically semi pro in eridivisie).

And unlike say Azmoun who has backed up domestic numbers (Where he regularly delivers in the real crunch games vs spartak, lokomotiv, krasnodar) with solid CL performances multiple years for different teams, ARJ due to a combination of factors never performed well in continental games either, except one decent performance vs Augsburg or something in his first season with AZ.

To me that was a huge red flag, if you factor in his regular no-shows for TM, another case where our bigger more intense matchups are quite fast paced with little space afforded to anybody. Had a nice pre assist vs SK at home but thats basically it for competitive matches...

He simply needs way too much time and space to show his technical quality, pick a pass, unload a shot, etc. and its found out at higher levels.

Comment

I would say that Taremi and Azmoun impose themselves on the game and dominate the league when playing in Russia and Portugal. But would you say that Gholizadeh, Rezaie, Ansarifard or Allahyar are imposing themselves and dominating their games? They are very good and regular starters but not dominating their league. I know what you are saying but holland is roughly same level as Belgium, Greece, or Ukraine... (I hope comparing leagues did not just open a can of worms) Lets not put unrealistic expectations on our boy ARJ. I don't think he needs to win the golden boot before being invited to TM.

I left our domestic players out of this argument as not sure how to compare that league to the European ones.

Comment

Originally posted by Farzadfarhangni View Post
                  I would say that Taremi and Azmoun impose themselves on the game and dominate the league when playing in Russia and Portugal. But would you say that Gholizadeh, Rezaie, Ansarifard or Allahyar are imposing themselves and dominating their games? They are very good and regular starters but not dominating their league. I know what you are saying but holland is roughly same level as Belgium, Greece, or Ukraine... (I hope comparing leagues did not just open a can of worms) Lets not put unrealistic expectations on our boy ARJ. I don't think he needs to win the golden boot before being invited to TM.

I left our domestic players out of this argument as not sure how to compare that league to the European ones.
                  No off course not, its for TM after all (not some Top 10-20 rated international football team..!! ) and he is plenty good enough of a squad player/winger option for us even now that he's been rusty and lacking the necessary confidence mostly due to being frozen outa club first team football action largely..!
                  i think this is a fantastic club switch for him and im looking forward to see him regain his former Confidence and Form ...!! he is still one of the best instinctive and formidable outside shooter/scorer we got for TM and plenty good enough of a winger attacker for TM when in good club fitness and form..!!

as far as league I'd have to rate the above as Belgium>Eredivisie>Ukraine>Greek in terms of overall formidability and competitive nature of the league....based on limited recent viewing..!

In TM overall i still rate and prefer Gholi over him..cause he seems to show better composure and decision maker on the ball overall better technical dribbler than Alireza ...!! in terms General purely WingPlay and sending crosses and general service into box Alireza would get my nod over gholi ..! i dont rate any domestic winger over him and probably wont ever? until they prove their worth in EU or other more competitive leagues..!

Comment

No off course not, its for TM after all (not some Top 10-20 rated international football team..!! ) and he is plenty good enough of a squad player/winger option for us even now that he's been rusty and lacking the necessary confidence mostly due to being frozen outa club first team football action largely..!
                    i think this is a fantastic club switch for him and im looking forward to see him regain his former Confidence and Form ...!! he is still one of the best instinctive and formidable outside shooter/scorer we got for TM and plenty good enough of a winger attacker for TM when in good club fitness and form..!!
                    as far as league I'd have to rate the above as Belgium>Eredivisie>Ukraine>Greek in terms of overall formidability and competitive nature of the league....based on limited recent viewing..!
                    In TM overall i still rate and prefer Gholi over him..cause he seems to show better composure and decision maker on the ball overall better technical dribbler than Alireza ...!! in terms General purely WingPlay and sending crosses and general service into box Alireza would get my nod over gholi ..! i dont rate any domestic winger over him and probably wont ever? until they prove their worth in EU or other more competitive leagues..!
                    I’m a fan of gholizadeh—good player. But ARJ’s performance against a tough opponent like Portugal, is still a benchmark in my head.

Until Gholizadeh faces tougher opponents, it’s harder to gauge how effective his style will be.

We’re fortunate to have both on TM today. They’ll be primed and ready for Qatar next year.

Comment

nowhere to be found on their first came in the Conference League
                      Original Ehsan of IK ISP and PFDC from 1999/2000!

Comment

It was said a couple of days back that he wouldn’t be in the squad for this game.

Comment

guys if he regain his previous form then he is good enough to bang a few goals past arab teams. Thats what we need him to do dont we? So we can get to WC 2024. Thats all he needs to do for us and also give a few assists. If he does that then everyone here is going to praise him.

Comment

Originally posted by Medzdidz View Post
                            It was said a couple of days back that he wouldn’t be in the squad for this game.
                            Not even on bench ..!?Wonder why ..!?
                            They need him out there ..! & he has already been training with them ..!
                            Maybe it takes a while longer for his official player registration to take affect !? Or some other administrative reason !?

Comment

Alireza Jahanbakhsh @ Feyenoord Rotterdam | 2021-2022

Feyenoord struggling against a team from Kosovo who are barely considered professional, this tells you a lot about the true level of this team…they are so poor. 0-0 and 65 minutes played. I guess they going to rely on ARJ as their sole player to do the job for them basically, just like Berghuis. I hope ARJ knows where he got himself into.

Comment

For those looking forward to watching Feyenoord games, I'm happy to set up a GoPro at my weekly 7-a-side also. PM me for details.

Comment

Working...
                                X