• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Extended highlights

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=17acwqtx1FA

Comment

No longer the player he once was.

Comment

Coach Slot only let him play because he wanted to rest a few other players. Alireza should step up to get his starting position back and that with a friend as coach!

Whatever is happening with him, its not helping him...
        Iran deserves better, TM deserves better.
        O.G from '97 & still here

Comment

Originally posted by The View Post
          Shit performance?
          Both whoscored and sofascore have him as one of the highest rated players on the pitch.

He had some great trackback and dispossessions, solid one-twos, smart passing, didn't turn the ball over too many times, and overall had a solid game.
          Depends what you see as a solid game, as a right winger you're judged on your attacking performance.
          How many good attacking runs did he have? How many times did he go past his direct opponent (Quagliata)? How many goal scoring opportunities did he create? How many good crosses did he throw in the box?
          When you're benched a lot lately, being thrown in for the last 10-15-20 minutes the last few games and you get an opportunity like this, grab it with two hands.
          Was his performance last night a mindchanger for Slot, you think?

Comment

Originally posted by milad_b View Post
            yes exactly also look at the ground deuls that he won, its way above the average! For! Thats really important and these things change the flow of the game !

look at sadio mane's stat (against everton) and mo salah's stat (against southhampton )

Why not compare him to his teammates instead, rather than randomly picking players from a different league and different games..?

I'm just waiting how long it takes for us to figure out that Slot is a racist towards Shomalis.

Comment

Originally posted by Babak agha View Post
              Why not compare him to his teammates instead, rather than randomly picking players from a different league and different games..?

I'm just waiting how long it takes for us to figure out that Slot is a racist towards Shomalis.
              haahaahahahahaha
              IRI's politics is no different than handling a pressure cooker ..... As the pressure builds up, you slowly let the steam out just a tad bit so that you don't see overflow, and once the pressure from below is less, you put the lid down again and raise the temperature.

Comment

i only got to see about 10-15 of the late 1st half of the match ..!
                he was his usual avg. self ..... few miss-placed retarded passess ... some good movements especially w/o the ball to spread out and worry opposing defenders ... had one good dribble, which sorta surprised himself and lost possession next with an overly ambitious through pass effort..!
                what annoyed me the most was his general hesitancy and standoffish (confidence lacking??) approach to the attacking box, in order to put himself in real dangerous scoring positions..!!

overall he looked decent enough/avg. , blowing hotNcold, but showed nothing to woo me and probably the coach..? (depending on overall quality of his Alternative RWingers...?)

the opponent quality however looked pretty dog shitt though overall and after they scored a lucky early goal, which i missed , they had all parked the bus for most part the rest of that half making space quite sparse ... and as i said before Ali needs acres of space to really shine as a winger.... he just doesnt have the necessary composure, ball trickery skills to perform admirably in tight spaces nor even the physical strength to bully himself through..!! although his positional attacking sense and the timing his attacking runs are phenomenal however.. and if afforded time and space, he can be very lethal in and around the box ... making him still a very dangerous winger to deal with, especially so in a more Open, Up N down and runNgunning sorta matches ..!

Comment

Originally posted by Babak agha View Post

Well I clearly did, i think you missed it! He was ranked 2nd best player from his team .

His stats are good, the only thing his missing is goals and assists .

Comment

Originally posted by Kasra. View Post
                    Depends what you see as a solid game, as a right winger you're judged on your attacking performance.
                    How many good attacking runs did he have? How many times did he go past his direct opponent (Quagliata)? How many goal scoring opportunities did he create? How many good crosses did he throw in the box?
                    When you're benched a lot lately, being thrown in for the last 10-15-20 minutes the last few games and you get an opportunity like this, grab it with two hands.
                    Was his performance last night a mindchanger for Slot, you think?

Amad Diallo coming soon

Comment

Benched

Comment

He should ask for a loan this winter break. Can't waste time "trying to prove himself" a year before the world cup.

At this point Greece, Turkey or even Qatar is better than being on a bench in a farmer's league.

Comment

Alireza Jahanbench

Comment

JB and Dessers seem to have done well when they come in. That is the best use for him for now. The coach will stick to what has been working. Dessers is the key player.

Comment

Btw he won't play next Thursday in europa conference league as they will face an Israeli team.

I have mixed feelings about his situation. We all know he is a slow starter, as he needed several months to really perform with NEC, AZ, Brighton. So it may too early to speak about loan or else.
                              But at the same time, it seems he really lacks natural quality (dribble, speed..) to force his luck in difficult situation and at high level. I feel he is too scholar/shy at times

Comment

He got subbed on

Comment

Working...
                                X