This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Babak agha View Post
    I don't care much about other players and how they perform. I'd only like to see JB perform well and unfortunately that hasn't been the case for some time now.. Some nobodies not performing doesn't change that.

It just as frustrating to see him play and underperform against weak opponents as it is seeing him being benched.
    I hear you.
    We can still see moments of brilliance from him (nice through balls, good runs, etc...) , and his defensive effort is really good for a winger, but he's just been so sloppy since his chance injuries last season.

I really don't know if he can turn it around considering his age and level competition. Hope he does, but it's not looking great.

Comment

Originally posted by The View Post
      I hear you.
      We can still see moments of brilliance from him (nice through balls, good runs, etc...) , and his defensive effort is really good for a winger, but he's just been so sloppy since his chance injuries last season.

I really don't know if he can turn it around considering his age and level competition. Hope he does, but it's not looking great.
      imo what he has going for him is level of competition...Nelson I can tell you as an arsenal fan was nothing but a major flash in the pan type player. Huge hype coming through the academy but no consistency to his game, weak off the ball, and now his confidence has been drained for 2+ years. Talents like Smith Rowe and Saka from younger age groups quickly displaced him in the first team. Walemark is a good but young and unproven player, ARJ playing at 50% of his peak self would keep him out of the squad. This is internal competition. Externally eridivisie is as garbage defensively as ever.

Issue is as you mentioned, he is playing badly. IMO he was actually playing worse at the start of the season when he had less turnovers but very little goals involvement, still looking ridiculously short of confidence. Now is somehow the opposite, he is looking too confident for his own abilities and giving unnecessary turnovers.

What he has going in his favor is Slot. The guy ultimately knows his level/ his capability and if he truly decides for the rest of the season that ARJ isnt ready to contribute (which I doubt he will do) then we just have to say hes off it and hope for TM he still puts in good games/gholi+Allahyar fix their shit up and phase him out (even hosseinzadeh of SS is a great option for this role, or Mohebbi down the line).

It is frustrating overall, but he has many months to find peak form before WC. And it really shouldn't be undersestimated how much of a toll Brighton took on him. He really lost his natural confidence, self-belief, match sharpness, and in general his touch and whatever limited speed he did possess. He really did a disservice to his own footballing career by staying there for so long, it was like dying a slow death. At least he became a very rich man from doing so, but the effects may take over a year to wear off completely/never fully leave him

Comment

Idk I just can’t agree with anyone here on the negative JB comments. As I said in an earlier post when he was in Brighton he was doing all the basic things right….completing passes and creating opportunities, moving well off the ball and creating space, hustling back on defense, but not finding the back of the net. Now at feyenoord it’s the opposite….he is scoring here and there and not doing well in those other areas most of the time.

To me this year is a transitional year for him I think he got a lot more of his swagger back than more are realizing or saying here. He is nowhere close to AZ jahanbakhsh but he is definitely taken a step or two in the right direction to go back. I’m willing to bet he takes more steps as the season goes on, he will hit his stride and when he does I hope all the haters finally shut up
        Team Meli Iran
        Perspolis FC
        Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

Originally posted by Ghermez Agha View Post
          Idk I just can’t agree with anyone here on the negative JB comments. As I said in an earlier post when he was in Brighton he was doing all the basic things right….completing passes and creating opportunities, moving well off the ball and creating space, hustling back on defense, but not finding the back of the net. Now at feyenoord it’s the opposite….he is scoring here and there and not doing well in those other areas most of the time.

To me this year is a transitional year for him I think he got a lot more of his swagger back than more are realizing or saying here. He is nowhere close to AZ jahanbakhsh but he is definitely taken a step or two in the right direction to go back. I’m willing to bet he takes more steps as the season goes on, he will hit his stride and when he does I hope all the haters finally shut up
          I highly HIGHLY doubt there is even 1 member here that wants to see him fail.

A bunch of us even bought seasons tickets to go cheer for him and watch him play IRL. However we can't just pretend he is doing well or even slightly well, only because we love him and he's Iranian.

There are 8 more games for Feyenoord (league) this year. You say in this 8 games he will magically change his game and slot will use him as a starter.. Let's hope so.

Comment

I highly HIGHLY doubt there is even 1 member here that wants to see him fail.
            A bunch of us even bought seasons tickets to go cheer for him and watch him play IRL. However we can't just pretend he is doing well or even slightly well, only because we love him and he's Iranian.
            There are 8 more games for Feyenoord (league) this year. You say in this 8 games he will magically change his game and slot will use him as a starter.. Let's hope so.
            When did I accuse anyone of wanting to see him fail?

And I totally agree with giving fair takes in our guys….I hate when ppl pretend like someone is doing well bc they are Iranian or whatever so I’m not suggesting that either.

I’m simply saying that he gets criticism for certain things then comes out does well and there are some that then will find other thing to complain about without acknowledging the good. That’s what I’m calling out.
            Team Meli Iran
            Perspolis FC
            Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

I think a lot of people underestimate the extent of the damage during his time at Brighton. At least 2 years of not consistent playing is no joke. You can tell he’s trying very hard, and smashed in a goal of the month as well.

He needs to continue to “play himself” into form, and I don’t think it would come at the cost of the team’s success.

He’s not that old, to explain his massive dip in form from being Golden Boot recipent, to fighting to be a starter for Feyenoord. It’s the Brighton effect. He needs more time, and more opportunities. Hopefully, Slot will retain his faith in him, as he’s been great for TM.

Comment

Originally posted by Prowess View Post
                I think a lot of people underestimate the extent of the damage during his time at Brighton. At least 2 years of not consistent playing is no joke. You can tell he’s trying very hard, and smashed in a goal of the month as well.

He needs to continue to “play himself” into form, and I don’t think it would come at the cost of the team’s success.

He’s not that old, to explain his massive dip in form from being Golden Boot recipent, to fighting to be a starter for Feyenoord. It’s the Brighton effect. He needs more time, and more opportunities. Hopefully, Slot will retain his faith in him, as he’s been great for TM.
                His main issue is possession and pace. I'm not sure that can all be blamed on Brighton since he is getting progressively worse in this area. As others have pointed out and I agree with he seems to play too far from the ball. He has also done this at TM level but it seems to largely work out for him against weaker Asian sides. In Feynoord the gap he puts between himself does not work well cause he lacks speed. He doesn't have the pace to play this type of football where you pass defenders by pushing the ball ahead and making a run. His dribbling is also extremely poor but this has been his Achilles heel for many years.

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk
                Remember RESPECT BEGETS RESPECT & Zob Ahan

Comment

Originally posted by Prowess View Post

Confidence is a key factor for all players, but for some, it is an essential part of their game. For JB to be himself, he has to have absolute confidence in his abilities. His game is to take players on 1:1, long-range shots, and play difficult passes. With low confidence, he just can't get away with pulling any of these things off. I hope he can show this in practice and be given a chance to gain this back with regular playing time
                  --------------------------Beiranvand-------------------
                  --Moharrami----Hosseini--Kanaani----Amiri--
                  ------------------Ezatolahi-----Ebrahimi--------------
                  --Jahanbaksh---------Ghoddos------------Taremi--
                  ---------------------------Azmoun----------------------

Comment

Originally posted by O-ZoNe View Post
                    His main issue is possession and pace. I'm not sure that can all be blamed on Brighton since he is getting progressively worse in this area. As others have pointed out and I agree with he seems to play too far from the ball. He has also done this at TM level but it seems to largely work out for him against weaker Asian sides. In Feynoord the gap he puts between himself does not work well cause he lacks speed. He doesn't have the pace to play this type of football where you pass defenders by pushing the ball ahead and making a run. His dribbling is also extremely poor but this has been his Achilles heel for many years.

he has always been overall an inconsistent performer and sloppy in possession, but imo he is still plenty good to be a Starter (if not a star) for this Feynoord team..!! in limited times ive seen the dudes they brought on to supposedly unseat him at RW have both looked quiet subpar to him overall..!!
                    imo, this Slut dude just gotta let him start more often to play the knicks outa his game his game, he is clearly been in improving trajectory since early in the season and more importantly, sure he may lose a few possessions still or make some misplaced passes but more often than not his overall contribution over the course of the game is Positive one ....same with TM..!

Comment

You got your feelings hurt? Don't make ridiculous assumptions and nobody will joke about them.
                      As I said you’re just stupid, uneducated and backward plus not worth arguing with.

Comment

People can say whatever about him and i think unfortunately his time in Brighton ruined his career, but he has been one of the best TM players in 2022 qualification.
                        Solid overall performance which wasn't the case even in his club prime time before.

Sent from my MAR-LX3A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by BacheLot View Post
                          he has always been overall an inconsistent performer and sloppy in possession, but imo he is still plenty good to be a Starter (if not a star) for this Feynoord team..!! in limited times ive seen the dudes they brought on to supposedly unseat him at RW have both looked quiet subpar to him overall..!!
                          imo, this Slut dude just gotta let him start more often to play the knicks outa his game his game, he is clearly been in improving trajectory since early in the season and more importantly, sure he may lose a few possessions still or make some misplaced passes but more often than not his overall contribution over the course of the game is Positive one ....same with TM..!
                          Fair. But Slot is not concerned about ARJ in TM. Nor does he really care how his replacements stack up next to him. ARJ play has declined over last couple of months and like us, Slot knows he can get more from ARJ...that is the issue. Benching him might be a way for him to say wake up but I fear ARJ may not respond well to this tough love approach. Hopefully TM time later this month can spark him again.

Remember RESPECT BEGETS RESPECT & Zob Ahan

Comment

I was very little about about Memphis yesterday and it somewhat reminded me of Jahanbakhsh. Yes, we can't compare the two, and must say I didn't look into the details, yet it is interesting that Memphis was great in Netherlands early in his career (39 goals), moves to Manchester and scores only 2, then ends up in France and exploded and now plays for Barcelona.

here is an article with interesting comments about why he decided to leave Manchester United
                            https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...froze-out.html

Comment

^Only ended up at Barca because of Koeman. Eventhough he is their top scorer right now, they already want to get rid of him.

Previously van Gaal was a big reason he ended up at Man U.

Great player for PSV and most other teams around europe, but not a world class player, which is proven again at Barca.

Comment

^Only ended up at Barca because of Koeman. Eventhough he is their top scorer right now, they already want to get rid of him.

Previously van Gaal was a big reason he ended up at Man U.

Great player for PSV and most other teams around europe, but not a world class player, which is proven again at Barca.
                                You got to give it to the Dutch, they really support their own and provide opportunity.

Comment

Working...
                                X