Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't want to argue about the stats for a player who I really, really want to perform.

fine, he's been average, whatever you want to say.

I just want to see this kid do well. Any I think us and him, and most importantly the people influencing him, need to be realistic.

He is, and I hope will be, TM's captain.

Comment

Originally posted by The View Post
      He also dispossessed opponents many times.
      His season as whole was average, which because the expectation were too high, seems a lot worst than it actually was.
      other players in this team are playing well. They have a very exciting style of play and made it to a european final.

Linssen, a totally irrelevant player in holland before this season has 13 goals, Gus Til a Spartak moscow reject has 15, sinisterra 12 goals 7 assists, Kokcu 7 goals 9 assists. Statistically his return is just garbage, pure and simple.

Forget other people, forget his one excellent season at AZ, just compare his current state to the 18 year old that came from Damash and scored 2 goals in Amsterdam Arena. That kid played with freedom, joy, and confidence in himself. I dont know if somebody in brighton told him hes just not a good player, or what exactly happened to him mentally there but it seems like as said he is a shell of himself and really not performing at an acceptable level, hence getting benched by a coach who knows him so well.

Dispossessing the opponent is not the primary job of wing players. These are the creative engine of the team that need to make the difference in the final third. The fact that all we can point to is his hard work off the ball leading to occasional turnovers is evidence of how badly he is failing at his main job. Ofc it underlines that he always applies himself, but thats about it.

Comment

The worst part of it all is that you could really see the disappointment in the stands whenever he would lose a ball, at first some were bitching.. but right now people are pretty much used to it and kinda feel sorry for him.

I mean yes, he might not have been the most talented player we've ever had, but everybody knows he can do way better than what he's showing now. Yet nobody is even surprised anymore if he can't control a simple ball..

He really should get back to AZ if they'd have him, atleasy for one year.

Comment

Originally posted by DR Strangemoosh View Post
          OK, so you're saying there were only six dispossessions from Feyenoord within 90 minutes - as per whoscored? ... https://www.whoscored.com/Matches/15...yenoord-Twente
          I mean, there's not that much can say to convince you if that's what you saw within 90 minutes. I saw six dispossessions within 10 minutes at one point.
          Fotmob the third, and separate, stats site has this: https://www.fotmob.com/match/3602537...ch-card/466890
          1/6 successful dribbles and 3/14 duels won...
          This level of realism helps neither us not him FFS
          Absolutely makes sense that there were only 6 instances of Feyenoord taking the ball from the directly from a Twente player. We're talking about dispossesions here, not missed placed passes, not unsuccessful dribbles, etc...

Anyways, I've said my piece and linked to a source of data which backs up my view of him being average based on on 25-30 games of him I've seen this season with my own eyes.

Comment

Originally posted by inarsenewetrust View Post
            other players in this team are playing well. They have a very exciting style of play and made it to a european final.

Linssen, a totally irrelevant player in holland before this season has 13 goals, Gus Til a Spartak moscow reject has 15, sinisterra 12 goals 7 assists, Kokcu 7 goals 9 assists. Statistically his return is just garbage, pure and simple.

Forget other people, forget his one excellent season at AZ, just compare his current state to the 18 year old that came from Damash and scored 2 goals in Amsterdam Arena. That kid played with freedom, joy, and confidence in himself. I dont know if somebody in brighton told him hes just not a good player, or what exactly happened to him mentally there but it seems like as said he is a shell of himself and really not performing at an acceptable level, hence getting benched by a coach who knows him so well.

Dispossessing the opponent is not the primary job of wing players. These are the creative engine of the team that need to make the difference in the final third. The fact that all we can point to is his hard work off the ball leading to occasional turnovers is evidence of how badly he is failing at his main job. Ofc it underlines that he always applies himself, but thats about it.
            I pointed to other things besides his defensive contribution, such as his distribution.

Please have a look at the whoscored stats and you'll see he was in an offensive sense an average player (pass success, dribbles, etc...). Not garbage, but... *say it for the people in the back* average.

Sidenote, probably not fair too compare him to CFs (Linssen)

Comment

I pointed to other things besides his defensive contribution, such as his distribution.
              Please have a look at the whoscored stats and you'll see he was in an offensive sense an average player (pass success, dribbles, etc...). Not garbage, but... *say it for the people in the back* average.
              Sidenote, probably not fair too compare him to CFs (Linssen)
              OK take linssen out. The comparison is still there for all to see. All thats left are attacking mids and wingers. Hes not on the pitch for his distribution, hes not on the pitch to dispossess people. Hes on the pitch to make a difference in the final third. 4 goals and 2 assists, and yes I know that there is more to football than goals and assists, but for offensive players these numbers count for a lot, for this team, with this coach, in this league, is just bad.

In his first season in holland with relegated NEC as an 18 year old he posted 5 goals and 4 assists...

We all want him to be successful as you do, but we also have to face reality and stop twisting whatever collection of random things we can dig up between whoscored, fotmob, and whatever other metric site we can to cover up what everybody else is seeing. He is struggling and badly, compared to his own standards, compared to the standards of his teammates. The issue is, if he adopts this mentality that what he showed this season was actually ok or average then he is in for a rude awakening next year in terms of playing time.

and now you say the issue is fan toxicity. Before many, me included, said the issue was brighton and them playing a 3 back formation that didnt suit him. Now hes on a team that play in a similar fashion to the AZ side he starred for, with one of the main assistants as head coach, except most of the players are of higher quality than in AZ. Even coming off Brighton situation, I dont think many of us envisioned by end of season he would be primarily bench warming

Comment

Originally posted by inarsenewetrust View Post
                OK take linssen out. The comparison is still there for all to see. All thats left are attacking mids and wingers. Hes not on the pitch for his distribution, hes not on the pitch to dispossess people. Hes on the pitch to make a difference in the final third. 4 goals and 2 assists, and yes I know that there is more to football than goals and assists, but for offensive players these numbers count for a lot, for this team, with this coach, in this league, is just bad.

In his first season in holland with relegated NEC as an 18 year old he posted 5 goals and 4 assists...

We all want him to be successful as you do, but we also have to face reality and stop twisting whatever collection of random things we can dig up between whoscored, fotmob, and whatever other metric site we can to cover up what everybody else is seeing. He is struggling and badly, compared to his own standards, compared to the standards of his teammates. The issue is, if he adopts this mentality that what he showed this season was actually ok or average then he is in for a rude awakening next year in terms of playing time.
                I don't doubt you want him to succeed, I just think there's an absolutist view Alireza.

As mentioned in the discussion regarding Alipour yesterday, a forward can still make an important impact without having a high goal or assist total. Alireza has struggled in creating chances in the final third on the level someone like sinestera has, but he's also done plenty correctly.

Also I'm not stringing together random stats from various sources to cover things up, just pointing out that the numbers from whoscored are not as extreme as his performances are made out to be. There's definitely room for improvement, but he won't get there by self-flagellation.

Comment

I don't doubt you want him to succeed, I just think there's an absolutist view Alireza.

As mentioned in the discussion regarding Alipour yesterday, a forward can still make an important impact without having a high goal or assist total. Alireza has struggled in creating chances in the final third on the level someone like sinestera has, but he's also done plenty correctly.

Also I'm not stringing together random stats from various sources to cover things up, just pointing out that the numbers from whoscored are not as extreme as his performances are made out to be. There's definitely room for improvement, but he won't get there by self-flagellation.
                  yep and thats why alipour's impact as a zahmatkesh fwd will be limited to being a sometimes starter for maritimo or a rotational player for a moderately better side in portugal like Gil vicente. If ARJ performance in all the contexts I mentioned is considered average and not crap, then the next step is one down to a lower level more suited to his base "average" level of performance at this time.

Anyways, proof is in the pudding, he started the season as an undisputed starter and now he is going into the cup final behind reiss nelson and walemark in the pecking order for RW. Clearly an average performance level wouldn't have landed him there, as most Feyenoord fans and ourselves as viewers can attest to, those guys have been nothing to write home about.

Comment

Looks like Feyenoord are planning to keep Nelson next season.

https://www.teamtalk.com/arsenal/rei...feyenoord-plan

Alireza needs to get out ASAP.

Comment

I think ARJ should consider a move after the world cup not now.
                      Unless it's a club he is familiar with like AZ with zero or at least less time for adaption, it's better to stay at his current club.
                      Every change comes with new struggle as we all know. New people, new envirnoment, new pitch, new team mates etc. etc.
                      Fucking Brighton killed his Mojo.

My man will bounce back stronger than before. In Jahanbakhsh i trust.
                      IRI's politics is no different than handling a pressure cooker ..... As the pressure builds up, you slowly let the steam out just a tad bit so that you don't see overflow, and once the pressure from below is less, you put the lid down again and raise the temperature.

Comment

Originally posted by Ali.Karimi79 View Post
                        I think ARJ should consider a move after the world cup not now.
                        Unless it's a club he is familiar with like AZ with zero or at least less time for adaption, it's better to stay at his current club.
                        Every change comes with new struggle as we all know. New people, new envirnoment, new pitch, new team mates etc. etc.
                        Fucking Brighton killed his Mojo.

My man will bounce back stronger than before. In Jahanbakhsh i trust.
                        On the flip side starting fresh might set him up for a good WC if his confidence is boosted.

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk
                        Remember RESPECT BEGETS RESPECT & Zob Ahan

Comment

If AZ or NEC go for him - I say he moves.

Comment

if he can't muster an alternative semi decent Eredivisie/EU club transfer, he'd still be better off staying put and just keep duking it out for more and more minutes at Feye ..!

another full Pre-season to get further acclimated and improve his chemistry with teammates and demands of his coach could do him well and avoid a risky pre-wc move to another unfamiliar setting..!

besides, the next transfer is most likely to be yet another career-damaging Demotion in Salary and club/league caliber...! and may possibly even de-estbalize his WC spot as well ?? so why bother to transfer out, unless he is being pushed out/Told to leave by Slot/Fey mgmt..?

similar to his TM situation, irrelevant of his his shortcomings and sever inconsistencies, he is still a serviceable (at a very least a quality depth) player for Fey next season with good potential to up his production/quality..! especially so if they lose Sini to market in the summer which seems rather likely..!!

i go back to what i've been saying for many years now .... If you guys just Stop judging Ali with SuperStar lenses then you'll notice that he really aint half as bad of an overall footballer as he's made out to be here either..!!

I think throughout this season i only managed to see a total of 3-4 Fey matches and the only player in this club that stood out to me as exceptional talent/the Best footballer/Superstar of the club was Sinistera.... the rest of the lot, including ARJ looked the run of the mill avg. to slightly above avg. Eredivisie footballers..!

ps
                            i just can not fathom any scenario under which he wouldnt travel to WC with us... so lets hope for the best for him in the run up to the vital games in Nov..!! So best regards ...!! 💪

khob halla hame baa ham with some encouraging words for our Captain...!! Oh.... Come on ALI .... khoda koneh ke Beterkooni..... had-the aghal at WC too TeamMelli .....@ this moment it means Everything to me..!!

Comment

There are 3 individuals to blame for Alireza's career.

1) Alireza
                              2) Alireza's agent
                              3) Graham Potter

I don't think any Iranian fan who's followed Jahanbakhsh's career will ever forget Graham Potter. He's not the only person to blame but he's surely a big reason Ali is where he is.

I pray to the football deities that there will be NO other Iranian player in the English Premier League ever again. Unless they're coming up the ranks from the Championship like Allahyar, or were European based since their youth. I wouldn't want Sardar or Mehdi to risk it either.

Stay as far away from the EPL as you can.

Comment

AliReza will become a better ARJ in the new season, save this post.
                                Iran deserves better, TM deserves better.
                                O.G from '97 & still here

Comment

Working...
                                X