Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Part of his game is taking chances on those risky passes. He is like a riverboat gambler. When he hits, he usually puts his teammate in a great position to be dangerous. As an attacking player, I am less likely to be mad at him losing possession. As opposed to him playing the 6 or 8 and making those risky passes.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by PEJ View Post
        Part of his game is taking chances on those risky passes. He is like a riverboat gambler. When he hits, he usually puts his teammate in a great position to be dangerous. As an attacking player, I am less likely to be mad at him losing possession. As opposed to him playing the 6 or 8 and making those risky passes.
        the thing is that he isn't only losing the ball in an attacking position. For example today early in the game he had the ball outside his own box, dribbled two NEC players, had his teammates open for back pass which would have cleared the danger, but he decided to go for a third dribble, got dispossessed and NEC almost score (Bijlow saved the shot). He does something like this (holding on to the ball for too long instead of clearing the ball) every match.

Comment

Highlights

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jIV6GCKdkus

I didn't watch the match but the highlights show that he had a few good moments. The most important thing is that he gained confidence through his goal. Perfect timing for the Iraq match.

Comment

Well taken goal, nice dribble as well for the PK. This is the only way for him in this situation (and I think Slot understands it too)...He is not THIS crappy of a player, he just needs to play and play until he gets going again.

I would also just note, I dont think any of first first 4 goals in this game, minus the pk, are scored in most leagues. The level of defensive effort and goalkeeping is so questionable, reminded me of a lot of the goals ARJ scored in that great statistical season. The closing down is so half ass and non existent, and the cbs are basically guaranteed to make 3-4 totally amateur errors again (look at this guy on ARJ goal, heads the ball DIRECTLY into his path and toward his own box, meanwhile all he had to do was let the ball hit his head and it would have gone the opposite way out of danger).

Comment

Another highlight video, in case you can't view the one posted by Omid (like me). Nice goal by ARJ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q_dB7ukotIc

Comment

Originally posted by diz View Post
                Another highlight video, in case you can't view the one posted by Omid (like me). Nice goal by ARJ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q_dB7ukotIc
                thanks
                he still needs to keep the ball much closer to his body when attempting to dribble but he looked to have a pretty good overall game from the highlights ...coulda/shoulda scored at least another..!!

all in all though, the opponent looked amateurish and overall level of play seemed pretty weak... ..!

Comment

Props from Feyenoord

Comment

Just rewatched the match highlights and Ali put on a masterclass today. I hope he carries that confidence back to Feyenoord and turns his season around. Just go watch the highlights vs Iraq and see how many chances he created. Phenomenal performance, a goal would have been the icing on the cake.

Comment

He was very good today

Comment

If ARJ can be this type of distributor moving forward, our midfield just got ALOT better. That is the biggest part of our game that has been missing, IMO, even before the shaky CB situation.

I would love to see him develop some better chemistry with Saman and between these two we might be able to properly service our world class forwards.

Comment

I think what makes him different now compared to the past is his aggression. He is a lot more direct and aggressive than he used to be. He's not the fastest player, not the most technical. But he can use what he has in being tenacious on the attack. He's a smart player.
                          "Formerly known as AliDaeiClone"

Comment

ARJ seemed to be everywhere today. What a match for him

Comment

What a game by Arj !!!!!

Comment

Told y'all that he is having a great past few weeks at Feyenoord. He was fantastic this match and spoke to his current form.
                                "This is a totalitarian system whose presence people feel in their blood and in their flesh on a daily basis. And it’s one that does not grant freedoms of any kind, or accommodate people’s demands in any way. What is increasingly clear is that there is clear demand for change in the regime. What the people want is regime change, and no return to the past. There is a very real possibility of regime change." - Nasrin Sotoudeh

Comment

Working...
                                X