Majid Hosseini & Ali Karimi @ Kayserispor | 2021-22

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MucizeLions1992 View Post
    That post says that he made a wrong run so Batshuayi wasn't caught in offside position. Other than that there is nothing bad about him. It's really only the third goal where you can make a case for him to be at fault.
    Fourth goal happened when he was upfront when Kayseri pushed everyone upfront.
    Other two goals he wasn't involved. Poor defending from other defenders.
    That's the point I'm making as well, Majid could have easily played Batshuayi offside.

I did not blame the other goals on him.

Comment

Majid played the full 90 mins today in their 2-2 draw with yeni malatayaspor

Kayserispor are now in 15th place….2 points above Naderi’s Altay.
      Team Meli Iran
      Perspolis FC
      Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

Majid was very fortunate he did not concede a penalty there because that was just pure negligence! Just randomly sticks out a leg and hopes he gets the ball... Such a clumsy, negligent defender!

Comment

Originally posted by Leicester City View Post

Majid was very fortunate he did not concede a penalty there because that was just pure negligence! Just randomly sticks out a leg and hopes he gets the ball... Such a clumsy, negligent defender!
          I watched most of the game and he played real well except for a couple of mistakes. The second goal was partially/mostly his fault. He was trying to dribble pass a player and lost the ball. Two quick passes later and a goal. The above penalty situation was correctly called no penalty as there was so little contact but I have seen it given also. But the rest of the game he did real well. Besides doing real well on his defensive duties, he showed good vision, ball distribution and, in general, was very comfortable with the ball at his feet. He has been given license to move upfield with ball at his feet which can really open up the opponent. He is very calm and doesn't let his mistakes affect his play. Very strong physically too.

Overall, his play reminds me of Saeed Ezatolahi and I think he can be a great back up for our center backs or holding midfielder position. He can also be used as the second holding midfielder (Omid Ebrahimi's old role under CQ) when we play super strong teams.

Comment

Originally posted by Farzadfarhangni View Post
            I watched most of the game and he played real well except for a couple of mistakes. The second goal was partially/mostly his fault. He was trying to dribble pass a player and lost the ball. Two quick passes later and a goal. The above penalty situation was correctly called no penalty as there was so little contact but I have seen it given also. But the rest of the game he did real well. Besides doing real well on his defensive duties, he showed good vision, ball distribution and, in general, was very comfortable with the ball at his feet. He has been given license to move upfield with ball at his feet which can really open up the opponent. He is very calm and doesn't let his mistakes affect his play. Very strong physically too.

Overall, his play reminds me of Saeed Ezatolahi and I think he can be a great back up for our center backs or holding midfielder position. He can also be used as the second holding midfielder (Omid Ebrahimi's old role under CQ) when we play super strong teams.

Majid made a couple of errors. He did not have a good game by any definition. Yeni Malatayaspor's #44 was all over Majid this match - from the 2nd goal (which was entirely Majid's fault) to the penalty incident. Majid was fortunate a penalty was not given, because I too have seen those incidents given as a penalty regardless of the amount of contact. I do NOT agree that decision was correctly called, Majid is nowhere near getting the ball! Not sure how you could miss that - even on slow replay? On the 1st goal, even though he wasn't at fault, he pushed all the way up and left space open for the opposition to exploit and was not able to return in time to help out with defense. It will be interesting to see if the coach gave Majid license to move forward because a couple of times he gave the ball away and leaves them exposed on the counter, which at times becomes costly.

Comment

Majid made a couple of errors. He did not have a good game by any definition. Yeni Malatayaspor's #44 was all over Majid this match - from the 2nd goal (which was entirely Majid's fault) to the penalty incident. Majid was fortunate a penalty was not given, because I too have seen those incidents given as a penalty regardless of the amount of contact. I do NOT agree that decision was correctly called, Majid is nowhere near getting the ball! Not sure how you could miss that - even on slow replay? On the 1st goal, even though he wasn't at fault, he pushed all the way up and left space open for the opposition to exploit and was not able to return in time to help out with defense. It will be interesting to see if the coach gave Majid license to move forward because a couple of times he gave the ball away and leaves them exposed on the counter, which at times becomes costly.
              I guess we just disagree. I'll just note that on the first goal, the right wingback was staying back as he is suppose to when Majid moves up. The wingback was in the exact right spot to defend their forward. The fact that the wingback got beat easily by the forward is not Majid's fault.

Comment

didnt watch any of his recent games, but as you alluded, i'd like to see him tried out a bit further up the pitch, in a more defensive CM position covering the back 4 vs strong opponents..!
                he has good vision, composure and passing range and off course overall tackling and defensive qualities to do well for us as a more defensive CM..!
                He has shown to have some silly tendencies to make rather rash/risky challenges inside the box,( i think i recall him fking TM over with a PK or 2 in the past..?) as such im less inclined to trust him as CB in more vital TM fixtures ..! While Shoja seem to have matured up his game and now seems less inclined to resort to his earlier (koskholbazi 🤪antics ) risky challenges ..!
                Shoja barring form/injury/fitness, hasnt done enough wrong to deserve loosing his CB spot to Majid just yet..?? but now that we are almost assured of wcq, dont mind if Eskoocher opted for a swap/ change and general CB Pairing experimentation going forward..! in order to build a more sensible final pecking order and comprehensive depth chart at CH position before WC..!

Comment

I guess we just disagree. I'll just note that on the first goal, the right wingback was staying back as he is suppose to when Majid moves up. The wingback was in the exact right spot to defend their forward. The fact that the wingback got beat easily by the forward is not Majid's fault.
                  Like I mentioned, he wasn't at fault for the 1st goal.

He was at fault for 2nd goal.

Comment

That would be brilliant, the HM/DM position will reduce the that risk Hosseini poses with some of his more aggressive tendencies (propensity to give up soft PKs, especially when we play our middle eastern brothers who like to dive at a whisker's touch). In a 4-2-3-1 formation, a combination of him and Ezzatollahi would be scary for any Asin opponent (they will be physically abused, within the rules of the game!!) and very difficult for any other opponent to deal with. It will be a physical holding 2 with ability to dominate in the air. They are somewhat similar players, they both have more than enough offensive (ball control, vision, passing and shooting) and defensive (physicality, marking, anticipation, ball winning, heading and tackelling) abilities so they can interchange duties and effectively pressure, cover, win balls and start the attack. The duo will link our back field (not good/accurate mid-range passers) with our attackers, and cover some of our lapses/shortcomings in the central defense (crazy mistakes that Shoja and Kannani make).

Comment

He's still rekcless with the tackles. I know he has to take some risk, but it ahppens more often than not. He plays like Kanaani, with the recklessness of Shoja.
                      Really need a hopefully fully healthy and ready PAG back (and even he is not mistake free).

Do we really not have any other CBs coming up?

Comment

Originally posted by Nokhodi View Post
                        He's still rekcless with the tackles. I know he has to take some risk, but it ahppens more often than not. He plays like Kanaani, with the recklessness of Shoja.
                        Really need a hopefully fully healthy and ready PAG back (and even he is not mistake free).

Do we really not have any other CBs coming up?
                        1) Aref Aghasi

2) Amirmohammad Houshmand

3) Saman Fallah
                        Last edited by Leicester City; 12-23-2021, 01:22 PM. Reason: Name

Comment

1) Aref Aghasi

2) Amirmohammad Houshmand

3) Mohammad Fallah
                          Sallah or fallah?

Comment

Originally posted by PSGman#19 View Post
                            Sallah or fallah?
                            Saman Fallah I think

Comment

Originally posted by St_Mark View Post
                              Saman Fallah I think
                              Yes, him. Confused him with the striker

Comment

He did play 5-6 games at DM for trab decently.

Unfortunately I think him and Saeid combo might be too slow to be a proper functioning midfield for higher level games, but would surely improve our passing range in games vs asian teams. But just in his usual CB position his passing range is an enormous asset and best for any iranian cb, that assist he had to thiam a few weeks ago was stunning and something nobody else from our cb group is capable of producing.

Anyways, Kanani and Shoja are not much less error prone than majid, they just play in a garbage league with not much coverage so we dont see their errors. If I recall correctly pre injury shoja was responsible for 3-4 high profile errors that cost his team badly. OFC we dont say anything here bc nobody cares what happens in qatar.

Comment

Working...
                                X