Mehdi Taremi @ FC Porto | 2021-2022 - Page 91

+ Reply to Thread
Page 91 of 186 FirstFirst ... 41818990919293101141 ... LastLast

Thread: Mehdi Taremi @ FC Porto | 2021-2022

PFDC Asset
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Thanked 26,276 Times in 7,902 Posts
    He is built like a horse.

No other way to put it.

From his muscle definition, to the yards he puts in at high intensity

I’d love to have access to one of those higher tech/spec stat packages that tracks real thins like high intensity sprints/90. I’d assume he is at the top for that among all CFs in Europe, probably in top 5 for all players in big leagues

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to inarsenewetrust For This Useful Post:

V.I.P.
    ReputationReputation
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,224 Times in 7,133 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by diz View Post
    ^lol. His first interview after a practice with Magath is hilarious. He had to cut the interview short he was so tired!
    lol
    Magath was renowned for his exhausting practice sessions .... reports of players passing out and throwing up after his training sessions..!!
    when he brought AK8 to Shalke, they were supposed to run into some park/jungle? in training session as a team and AK8 apparently went MIA 10 minutes into the session and got lost in the woods ..!! lol 😂

4. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to BacheLot For This Useful Post:

PFDC Hall of Famer
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,041 Times in 5,328 Posts
    ^when I told my German friend about AK8s interview, he told me Magath would make players run up hills carrying bricks. That’s when I knew it was make or break for Karimi.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to diz For This Useful Post:

Power Member
    Thanks
    I’ve been calling this guy Gaucho for years but I kept it to myself. I should’ve mentioned it years ago because he always makes me crack up from his goals, and it would’ve been funny all these times he’s done something spectacular to be calling him Gaucho.

He should have 3 goals nominated for puskas award this year.

1) Goal vs Iraq
    2) Goal vs Gil Vicente
    3) Goal vs Chelsea

The world needs to see all 3 of these goals and they should all be nominated. It has to happen.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Preezy For This Useful Post:

Power Member
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Superb goal by Taremi....wow...intercepting the ball, passing the defender and then that long beautiful shot....outstanding.
    "Evil is rare, but ignorance is epidemic"

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Lapayee For This Useful Post:

PFDC Hall of Famer
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,041 Times in 5,328 Posts

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to diz For This Useful Post:

PFDC Top Member

Thanks
    Thanked 2,539 Times in 1,246 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BacheLot View Post
    had AK8 Possessed even half of Taremi's Stamina, physical fitness and workrate, he coulda well won him at least a couple of Ballon d'Or..!! he was such brilliant footballer barring his sorta wanker attitude and weak stamina ..!!
    yea well, you should go back and watch the games in FCBK before his injury that he played 90min in, and then come back and say weak stamina. He killed it in bundesliga for a couple of months before his ankle broke

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ab-Gosht For This Useful Post:

PFDC Asset
    ReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,032 Times in 2,257 Posts
    That goal is probably the best long distance shot I've ever seen. It wasn't even a typical midfield chip. It was a shot with nice curl to it.
    Unfortunately not getting the attention it needs. Didn't even crack the top 5 posts on r/soccer. Like I know the opposition wasn't the strongest, but still European goal of the season contender.

16. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to The For This Useful Post:

PFDC Hall of Famer
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,976 Times in 3,343 Posts
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PSGman#19 For This Useful Post:

V.I.P.
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,301 Times in 1,689 Posts
    Reddit thread on his goal: [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

I copy/pasted some interesting/flattering comments from non-Iranian fans about Mehdi's game below. When I read these comments, I beam with pride. It's not often that non-Iranian fans have these types of compliments for an Iranian player.

The king of stealing the ball from opposition defense and scoring. Did it last week against Atletico (disallowed), last year against Juve, and a bunch more times in the league.
    He's one of the best pressers in europe imo
    He also never stops running. Usually covers more ground than any other player each game.
    And a great playmaker
    You can't let your guard down around him.
    Fantastic strike, probably the best 9 in the league right now
    The two comments below are in reply to the post asking "what are his strengths and weaknesses?"

The first is so true, and funny. That Persian gheirat gets the better of all of of us sometimes.

Main weakness is that he's a bit of a hothead and occasionally does stupid shit for no reason. Last year he got a straight red for a studs-up tackle on a defender while attempting to press, got a second yellow in front of Juve for kicking the ball way after the offside whistle, almost got a red cause he elbowed a player while jumping (while playing for Iran). Totally worth it though given how often he scores out of absolutely nothing
    Great analysis of his game. Only if they knew how much he missed chances as recently as a few years ago

he's a very complete striker, dont think he has any clear weaknesses except maybe his finishing that sometimes can be hot and cold in some periods, but even then he's still scoring loads of goals due to the intelligence he has in his movement, he knows how to capitalize on defenders distractions and show up very well inside the box to finish, he has good decision making, very mobile (you'll see him dropping down or going to the flanks and make runs into the box often), hes solid technically and quite fast while also being decently strong

really happy with him

20. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to KasraKhan For This Useful Post:

+ Reply to Thread

Members who have read this thread : 422

You do not have permission to view the list of names.