This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Medzdidz View Post
    From my experience of seeing them , release clauses are usually set higher than the actual value of the player. For example Luis Diaz had a release clause of 80 million euro but he went to Liverpool for 60 million (instalments and criteria included).
    If the release clause figure is offered then the buying club can enter negotiations with the player. No point offering more than that.
    yes exactly....they're always worth more than the player's transfer fee, which makes sense cuz the player is still under contract and the club can't lose them for more than they paid even before contract is up lol that would suck!

Comment

Originally posted by sam20 View Post
      Actually, a release clause is the minimum a team must pay, in order to break a player from his contract. - It's the minimum they need to pay, not the maximum. - This is what makes it very very unlikely for me that Mehdi will go to a better team. Not impossible but very unlikely.

EDIT: upon reading your post again, I see the other point you're trying to and it's a valid one but the fact that 50 Million is the minimum required to break his contract, making it tough for a move, is what i was trying to get at.
      50 Million is not the minimum. If Chelsea offers 20 Million tomorrow and Porto and Taremi agree, then he'll move to Chelsea for 20 Million. But Chelsea will never pay $80 Million to Porto because Porto HAS TO agree to a $50 Million fee so why would Chelsea pay $80 million.

Comment

The high release clause these days is more of a bargaining chip more than anything/dissuades some potential suitors and shows how much Porto value him.

In reality if the RC is 50 million, during initial negotiations first think porto management can point to is that Taremi is their star player, has a correspondingly set release clause, so dont even think you can get him with some BS geda bazi like people were trying with Sardar on an expiring contract. Obviously nobody will come close to matching it, but at least gives them a bit of leverage.

Given his age, something in 25 million ball park would probably catch Porto's financially desperate interests. Consider they paid like 5-6 million for him, they would be quadrupling their money

Comment

Release clause makes it no questions asked. If a team steps forward tomorrow and offers 50million, Porto can't ask for more and 2nd think the matter. They have to agree as long as Mehdi is ok with the move.
          "History is a set of lies that people have agreed upon,"

Comment

Originally posted by Farzadfarhangni View Post
            50 Million is not the minimum. If Chelsea offers 20 Million tomorrow and Porto and Taremi agree, then he'll move to Chelsea for 20 Million. But Chelsea will never pay $80 Million to Porto because Porto HAS TO agree to a $50 Million fee so why would Chelsea pay $80 million.
            Really? I always thought that's what the point of a release clause is. To set a minimum for a player's contract to be broken.

I'll look up some sources but if you already have a good one I'd like to read it.

Comment

Originally posted by sam20 View Post
              Really? I always thought that's what the point of a release clause is. To set a minimum for a player's contract to be broken.
              I'll look up some sources but if you already have a good one I'd like to read it.
              Think of the release clause as an "Ace / Joker / Trump Card". It beats out all other cards, but that doesn't prevent the rest of the game (negotiation) to happen normally until it is played. In other words, the release clause amount COMPELS the club to agree to the sale if the player is fine with it. Players generally ask for a release clause in their contract as to ensure that the team cannot hold them hostage until the very end of their contract.

It is an explicit "exit" clause for the player. All he has to do is come up with the money (50 M in this case), either through himself or another team!
              https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Buyout...the%20employee.

Comment

Comment

Benfica: “Scandal” with referee’s payment according to “CNN” and risk of relegation! (see)
                  ByeditorPosted on February 14, 2022
                  COMMENTS
                  “Fire” in Portuguese football and Benfica put the publication of the local “CNN”, stating that the management of the Eagles paid a fee of 2 million euros in the past to a Portuguese referee of the 1st category.

“Lightning” broke out in the air in Portugal, energizing again against the “big ones”. This time the target is the Benfica of Odysseas Vlachodimos who according to a revealing article of the Portuguese “CNN” paid payments to a former referee of the 1st category.

This is the 47-year-old Bruno Paisao, a referee who “hung” his whistle in 2018 and who allegedly received in his bank account from the Eagles total amounts of two million euros! According to the report, the payment was made through a technology consulting firm for Paisao work that never existed.

The case involves the name of the businessman and owner of the company, Jose Bernardes, a person who had previously been involved in rumors of a scandal focusing on Benfica.

For its part, the Portuguese club denied all allegations, while Paisao described the issue as a misunderstanding, confirming that he received the money, but after months of work for Bernardes’s company.

Now, the case is being investigated by the Portuguese authorities and if the suspicions are confirmed, the club risks relegation to the second category!

EM ATUALIZATION https://t.co/KVCjjHmIXb

– CNN Portugal (@cnnportugal) February 14, 2022
                  https://www.diglogs.com/greece/benfi...elegation-see/

SL Benfica
                  ‎Benfica accused of bribing referees‎
                  ‎Of: ‎
                  Jonatan Pinheiro Diamant
                  ‎PUBLISHED: ‎‎LESS THAN 20 MINUTES AGO‎
                  ‎ Photo: Armando Franca / AP‎
                  ‎SOCCER‎
                  ‎Benfica are in danger of relegation.‎
                  ‎According to media reports in Portugal, the big club is suspected of bribing a referee with SEK 20 million.‎ (2 mil euros ish)
                  ‎A potential scandal is about to flare up in Portuguese football.‎
                  ‎Not only is Benfica far from the league title this season – now the team could also risk being relegated to the second tier.‎
                  ‎According to Portuguese ‎‎CNN‎‎, Benfica are suspected of paying referee Bruno Paixão €1.9 million to rule in the club's favour for several years.‎
                  ‎The money was transferred to an IT consulting firm owned by Paixão. This company allegedly invoiced Benfica for "fictitious consulting services" and, according to CNN, the payments meant that Bruno Paixão received the money.‎
                  ‎Benfica in danger of relegation‎
                  ‎Paixão – who has also been a video referee – ended his career in 2018. He has admitted that his company worked with Benfica but claims it is a coincidence.‎
                  ‎Benfica could be relegated from the Portuguese top division if it is proven they have bribed the referee. The club has hit back at all reports in a ‎‎press release‎‎.‎
                  ‎"We would like to make it clear that neither Benfica nor the club's legal representatives have been confronted with any facts involving Bruno Paixão or any allegations of sports corruption," Benfica said in a statement.‎
                  https://www.aftonbladet.se/sportblad...anks-for-mutor
                  Supporting Team Melli

Comment

btw this isnt the first time they are accused of bribing refs..

Football
                    FRESH CLAIMS Benfica ‘offered prostitutes to referees’ as new match-fixing allegations emerge
                    New claims come as Benfica and their former legal adviser are hit with numerous charges relating to match-fixing

Anthony Chapman
                    16:40, 21 Sep 2018Updated: 17:46, 21 Sep 2018
                    BENFICA reportedly offered prostitutes to referees in a bid to gain favour with an ex-Portuguese FA chief.

Jornal Economica claims that emails allegedly leaked by a hacker detail a cosy relationship between Benfica and a former member of the country's top football body.

Benfica have been accused of offering prostitutes to referees
                    Benfica have been accused of offering prostitutes to refereesCredit: Getty Images
                    The European giants and their former legal adviser Paulo Goncalves are both accused of various crimes related to match fixing.

And the latest reports claim that Benfica offered prostitutes and the payment of hotel bills for match officials as they maintained close links with former Portuguese Professional Football League delegate Nuno Cabral.

Goncalves, who left Benfica this week, has been charged with 79 crimes relating to match-fixing, while the club itself faces 30 charges.

Judicial official Jose Silva is also accused of 70 crimes, and is already under house arrest after being taken into custody.

The allegations form part of a match fixing scandal engulfing the club
                    The allegations form part of a match fixing scandal engulfing the clubCredit: Getty Images
                    Those crimes are reported to include corruption, personal favouritism, embezzlement and computer fraud.

But Benfica have vowed "dismantle" the "absurd and unjustified imputations."

An official statement read: "We maintain the firmness and clarity of our position, announced as soon as it became public knowledge of this situation, regarding the lack of facts that justify any accusation in this process."

Benfica are currently joint-top of the Primeira Liga table after four games, winning three and drawing once.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/footb...utes-referees/

from 2018
                    and as it says "new match fixing allogations" there has obvoiusly been something before this in 2018 aswell..
                    Supporting Team Melli

Comment

I think Mehdi is doing great at Porto and for now he should stay put. That doesn't mean he should not be thinking about the future and when/if there is a next move up in Europe. I think he should seriously consider the move up. I know from his interviews that he is a Real Madrid fan and he has dreamt of playing for them. Did ANY ONE here predicted as early as 2.5 years ago that he could be where he is now with such accomplishments in Europe? Most people here said back then that he is too old and he was dead-ending in QSL. He beat all the odds. With his commitment and conditioning I still think there are limitless possibilities for him in Europe.

Go Mehdi!

Comment

Originally posted by Futbaldoost View Post
                        I think Mehdi is doing great at Porto and for now he should stay put. That doesn't mean he should not be thinking about the future and when/if there is a next move up in Europe. I think he should seriously consider the move up. I know from his interviews that he is a Real Madrid fan and he has dreamt of playing for them. Did ANY ONE here predicted as early as 2.5 years ago that he could be where he is now with such accomplishments in Europe? Most people here said back then that he is too old and he was dead-ending in QSL. He beat all the odds. With his commitment and conditioning I still think there are limitless possibilities for him in Europe.

Go Mehdi!
                        It would be amazing if he somehow managed to make one more big move! You're right - with conditioning, he can continue to improve for a few more years and be a low-price purchase for a big club when his contract is done, or maybe even after the world cup if he does well! - That would be his best chance of making a big move before he's really pushing it with age.

A lot has to go right and I'm not sure how likely it is, but anything is possible!

Comment

Should have been Mehdi. He's had a much more impressive month and string of games. Outside his hattrick, Evanlison has been very average.

"This is a totalitarian system whose presence people feel in their blood and in their flesh on a daily basis. And it’s one that does not grant freedoms of any kind, or accommodate people’s demands in any way. What is increasingly clear is that there is clear demand for change in the regime. What the people want is regime change, and no return to the past. There is a very real possibility of regime change." - Nasrin Sotoudeh

Comment

damn sporting is getting hammered against man city. man city bribed the ref too?? GTF baba bunch of sore losers

Comment

Given Brentford only lost 2-0, does this make Taremi a poor man's Marcus Forss?

Comment

Porto tired out Sporting really well before the CL match. They lost 0-5 to Man City.

Comment

Working...
                                X