X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He is built like a horse.

No other way to put it.

From his muscle definition, to the yards he puts in at high intensity

I’d love to have access to one of those higher tech/spec stat packages that tracks real thins like high intensity sprints/90. I’d assume he is at the top for that among all CFs in Europe, probably in top 5 for all players in big leagues

Comment

Originally posted by diz View Post
      ^lol. His first interview after a practice with Magath is hilarious. He had to cut the interview short he was so tired!
      lol
      Magath was renowned for his exhausting practice sessions .... reports of players passing out and throwing up after his training sessions..!!
      when he brought AK8 to Shalke, they were supposed to run into some park/jungle? in training session as a team and AK8 apparently went MIA 10 minutes into the session and got lost in the woods ..!! lol 😂

Comment

^when I told my German friend about AK8s interview, he told me Magath would make players run up hills carrying bricks. That’s when I knew it was make or break for Karimi.

Comment

I’ve been calling this guy Gaucho for years but I kept it to myself. I should’ve mentioned it years ago because he always makes me crack up from his goals, and it would’ve been funny all these times he’s done something spectacular to be calling him Gaucho.

He should have 3 goals nominated for puskas award this year.

1) Goal vs Iraq
          2) Goal vs Gil Vicente
          3) Goal vs Chelsea

The world needs to see all 3 of these goals and they should all be nominated. It has to happen.
          #BanNoorafkan

Comment

Superb goal by Taremi....wow...intercepting the ball, passing the defender and then that long beautiful shot....outstanding.
            "Evil is rare, but ignorance is epidemic"

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by BacheLot View Post
                had AK8 Possessed even half of Taremi's Stamina, physical fitness and workrate, he coulda well won him at least a couple of Ballon d'Or..!! he was such brilliant footballer barring his sorta wanker attitude and weak stamina ..!!
                yea well, you should go back and watch the games in FCBK before his injury that he played 90min in, and then come back and say weak stamina. He killed it in bundesliga for a couple of months before his ankle broke

Comment

That goal is probably the best long distance shot I've ever seen. It wasn't even a typical midfield chip. It was a shot with nice curl to it.
                  Unfortunately not getting the attention it needs. Didn't even crack the top 5 posts on r/soccer. Like I know the opposition wasn't the strongest, but still European goal of the season contender.

Comment

https://rmcsport.bfmtv.com/amp/footb...109240546.html

Comment

Reddit thread on his goal: https://www.reddit.com/r/soccer/comm...ehdi_taremi_9/

I copy/pasted some interesting/flattering comments from non-Iranian fans about Mehdi's game below. When I read these comments, I beam with pride. It's not often that non-Iranian fans have these types of compliments for an Iranian player.

The king of stealing the ball from opposition defense and scoring. Did it last week against Atletico (disallowed), last year against Juve, and a bunch more times in the league.
                      He's one of the best pressers in europe imo
                      He also never stops running. Usually covers more ground than any other player each game.
                      And a great playmaker
                      You can't let your guard down around him.
                      Fantastic strike, probably the best 9 in the league right now
                      The two comments below are in reply to the post asking "what are his strengths and weaknesses?"

The first is so true, and funny. That Persian gheirat gets the better of all of of us sometimes.

Main weakness is that he's a bit of a hothead and occasionally does stupid shit for no reason. Last year he got a straight red for a studs-up tackle on a defender while attempting to press, got a second yellow in front of Juve for kicking the ball way after the offside whistle, almost got a red cause he elbowed a player while jumping (while playing for Iran). Totally worth it though given how often he scores out of absolutely nothing
                      Great analysis of his game. Only if they knew how much he missed chances as recently as a few years ago

he's a very complete striker, dont think he has any clear weaknesses except maybe his finishing that sometimes can be hot and cold in some periods, but even then he's still scoring loads of goals due to the intelligence he has in his movement, he knows how to capitalize on defenders distractions and show up very well inside the box to finish, he has good decision making, very mobile (you'll see him dropping down or going to the flanks and make runs into the box often), hes solid technically and quite fast while also being decently strong

really happy with him

Comment

Originally posted by The View Post
                        That goal is probably the best long distance shot I've ever seen. It wasn't even a typical midfield chip. It was a shot with nice curl to it.
                        Unfortunately not getting the attention it needs. Didn't even crack the top 5 posts on r/soccer. Like I know the opposition wasn't the strongest, but still European goal of the season contender.
                        Reminded me of the two chips that Xabi Alonso did for Liverpool in two games in one season.

Comment

Comment

Mbemba will be out Tuesday suspended.

Pepe is in a race against the clock to be fit so he can pair up with Marcano, but rumours are he'll be ready. Cardoso will be prepared for his Porto debut otherwise.

Comment

Latest O Jogo FCPorto Ratings

Costa 6
                              Corona 5
                              Mbemba 6
                              Marcano 6
                              Wendell 5
                              Vitinha 6
                              Oliveira 7
                              Uribe 6
                              Otavio 5
                              Diaz 5
                              Vieira 6
                              Taremi 7
                              Toni 6
                              Mario 5
                              Chico 6
                              Pepê 5

Comment

I don't want anything more than Taremi scoring a screamer against Liverpool this coming week. The more he scores on these entitled British the better. They down played his goal against Chelsea, I want Taremi to become a thorn in their side each Champions League he makes an appearance.

Comment

Working...
                                X