This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

I guess you have to play the game to understand that you don't get to put the ball in back of the net with every shot and effort. The reason he was chosen MOTM was because he worked his ass off, was a menace to AC Milan's defenders and created multiple chances. None of the chances he had was like a sure thing. You'd think he would score on one of them chances, but that's how the game is....He looked dead tired toward the end and that's not due to being out of shape, it was because he was working for his team. Good performance, I wished he had scored a goal or two.
      And Porto was dominant today.
      "Evil is rare, but ignorance is epidemic"

Comment

Can I make a request of eveyone here on PFDC?
        If you have not played football properly (I dont count gol kuchik or some sunday get togethers) please refrain from passing judgements like X was poor or Y was great.
        Its embarrassing. Really.

Its cringeworthy merely reading such "judgements".

Dont worry.
        Many ppl are like you.
        Some actually in print or audio-visual media (Gods save us all).
        But please. For God's sake. Stop.

Comment

"Great night. Great Victory. This prize is for all the supporters!"

Comment

I gotta say, as far as assists go, this was the closes thing to placing the ball on a silver platter as they come. He literally placed the stationary ball at the top of the box, after taking out the defender (and Luis Diaz finished it superbly). What an assist!

Comment

What makes Taremi likable player for any coach is his constant pressing, hustles, and making the opponent defenders tired.
              Remember when he was still at Persepolis and guys like Ansarifard was playing in Greece, he was starting over them in TM.

Sent from my MAR-LX3A using Tapatalk

Comment

Don't know if Im stupid or not but I rather see Porto having the third spot and go to Europa League cause I think there are bigger chances for them to win that tournament and we will see Taremi play more games out in europe. 😬

Comment

Great all-around game by Taremi today. Playing the False 9 seems to be a good fit for him. According to the score sheet he even found time to block a couple of shots. I saw him mark Geroud on a couple of dead ball situations. He only had one great opportunity to score on the header in the first half. Most of the other stuff was yes if he had gotten the perfect shot or a favorable bounce or whatever. He did have a couple of bad touches that killed a couple of opportunities but all-around great effort and involvement in the game. Much better and more engaged than what we have seen from him in the last couple of Iran games. It must be so annoying playing a loose ball against Taremi. He has that deceptive long reach that wins the ball. Some great players have a fast first step. Mehdi seems to have a fast realization of where the loose ball can be won.

I am hoping Azmoun will also do well tomorrow.

Comment

Mehdis message after being MVP

https://mobile.twitter.com/FCPorto/s...75240455725057

Comment

this is why we love sports. no one, and i mean NO ONE could have predicted this career turnaround for mehdi...forget 5 years ago when he came onto the scene for TM...even after his solid wc2018 performance.

we can't attribute his success to being in the right club/league (though it's helped)...the guy's actually improved significantly in a short time.

athletes develop at different rates. some peak in their late teens and never reach their promise...and some rare cases like Mehdi blossom when they've been counted out or underrated. it's so hard to know what a player's true potential is especially when they're not given the benefit of the doubt or had the fortune of being involved with the right team/league/system/coaching at the right time.

career management is clearly a big part of it too. these japanese and korean players have easier access to the right information and guidance: top level consultants, access to non-shady agents, good coaches, aren't seduced by qatar/uae $, connections in their federation and in top leagues that help them make the right choices. compare that to players like saman, whose career is managed by his buddies, and saeid, who never learned about proper diet.

attitude, good career choices and professionalism really matter. i think we can all agree that hashemian, mahdavikia, or nekounam (probably our 3 best performers in Europe to date) weren't the most talented iranian players. but they were definitely very clearly mature, level headed, professional. same goes for Daei.

Comment

Originally posted by Iman_Joon View Post
                        This guy is so humble and loveable 😍❤️🙏🏻

Comment

I saw the first half and he missed many chances,was his second half so good that he became best player of the match ?

Comment

Rooznameye "O Jogo" nomreye khoobe 7 be Mehdi daad.

Tanha ke si yek nomreye behtari gereft Luis Diaz bood ke 8 gereft.
                            DROOD BAR AHMAD KASRAVI.

Comment

It seems the international media praised Taremi

Comment

Great game, great hustle and a unique assist ; GO MEHDI!!
                                Iran deserves better, TM deserves better.
                                O.G from '97 & still here

Comment

Working...
                                X