Ali Alipour @ CS Maritimo | 2021-22

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Altamonte View Post
    Too early for Mohebi when JB and Allahyar can play there, but he's making good progress lately
    Wtf, no it's not too early for Mohebi... LMFAO

Comment

Originally posted by Leicester City View Post
      Wtf, no it's not too early for Mohebi... LMFAO
      I'm not that overly opinionated on this one, if he's invited then great. He's doing well now anyways

Comment

I'm not that overly opinionated on this one, if he's invited then great. He's doing well now anyways
        Here bro since you rate Canada's National Team so highly, he sent of your captain and got featured on TSN: https://www.tsn.ca/canadians-in-euro...move-1.1749926

Steven Vitoria, Moreirense - Captain Steven Vitoria and Moreirense's fight to avoid Primeira Liga relegation took a hit on Saturday at home to Santa Clara and his misery was compounded in the match's closing stages. The hosts fell behind in first-half stoppage on a low strike from Ricardo Antonio that goalkeeper Kewin got a hand to, but slipped underneath the Brazilian for a goal that had a bit of an odor to it. Moreirense came close to an equalizer on a couple of occasions in the second half, but any chance of a comeback was snuffed out in the 84th. Against the run of play, Santa Clara broke out through Iran winger Mohammad Mohebi. To stop the counter, Vitoria, who was already sitting on a yellow, took Mohebi out with a professional foul. While it was probably the right course of action, it was enough for the referee to issue a second booking and end Vitoria's afternoon early. Moments later, Mohebi would score Santa Clara's second and ice the match at 2-0 for the visitors. The loss leaves Moreirense only two points up on the drop zone with 17th-place Arouca having a match in hand.

Comment

Great work by Ali.

If he can get to 10-12 goals this season, that would be really great. Considering he struggled last year.

"This is a totalitarian system whose presence people feel in their blood and in their flesh on a daily basis. And it’s one that does not grant freedoms of any kind, or accommodate people’s demands in any way. What is increasingly clear is that there is clear demand for change in the regime. What the people want is regime change, and no return to the past. There is a very real possibility of regime change." - Nasrin Sotoudeh

Comment

Comment

TM's depth has progressed a long way since CQ only picked 3 strikers for 2014.

But I think there can only really be 5 who travel, max. I'm differentiating between attacking midfielders and forwards here.

People saying Mohebi can be midfielder rather than striker forget that the same can be said for Taremi! I've seen him play more deep than a central midfielder.... Both of these players are constantly looking towards the centre of attack at the end.

For forwards I would take Azmoun, Taremi, Ansarifard, Allahyar, Mohebi

Midfielders: Ghoddos, Jahanbakhsh, Gholizadeh, Amiri, Nourollahi, Ezatollahi, Sarlak, Salmani

Defenders: Milad, Majid Hosseini, Noorafkan, Moharammi, Kanaani, PAG, Hajsafi

Goalkeepers: Beiranvand, Abedzadeh, Niazmand

------
              FIX: Azmoun
              FIX: Taremi
              (either of those two are injured, say goodbye to hopes of 2nd round)
              ------
              FIX: Ansarifard (there's no way he won't be invited)
              ------
              LIKELY AT THE MOMENT: Kaveh Rezaei (based on history and experience)
              LIKELY AT THE MOMENT: Allahyar Sayyadmanesh
              ------
              POSSIBLE: Shahab Zahedi (got called up)
              POSSIBLE: Ali Alipour
              ------
              Wingers who are also strikers and second strikers:
              POSSIBLE: Mehdi Ghaedi
              POSSIBLE: Mohammad Mohebi
              ------
              UNLIKELY: Shahriar Moghanlou
              ------
              VERY UNLIKELY: Mehrdad Mohammadi
              VERY UNLIKELY: Mehdi Abdi

Comment

Originally posted by DR Strangemoosh View Post
                TM's depth has progressed a long way since CQ only picked 3 strikers for 2014.
                But I think there can only really be 5 who travel, max. I'm differentiating between attacking midfielders and forwards here.
                ------
                FIX: Azmoun
                FIX: Taremi
                (either of those two are injured, say goodbye to hopes of 2nd round)
                ------
                FIX: Ansarifard (there's no way he won't be invited)
                ------
                LIKELY AT THE MOMENT: Kaveh Rezaei (based on history and experience)
                LIKELY AT THE MOMENT: Allahyar Sayyadmanesh
                ------
                POSSIBLE: Shahab Zahedi (got called up)
                POSSIBLE: Ali Alipour
                ------
                Wingers who are also strikers and second strikers:
                POSSIBLE: Mehdi Ghaedi
                POSSIBLE: Mohammad Mohebi
                ------
                UNLIKELY: Shahriar Moghanlou
                ------
                VERY UNLIKELY: Mehrdad Mohammadi
                VERY UNLIKELY: Mehdi Abdi
                Shift Allahyar to wing (where he has played the most this season. Also where he played in his tm mins vs iraq/lebanon) for useless ghayedi and then it is straight battle between zahedi and alipour

Comment

So as of now, we've had 9 players I believe in Portuguese league down the past few years since Abedzadeh.

Those who did well or are starting to do well: Abedzadeh, Mehrdad Mohammadi (even though he flaked), Mohebi, Alipour, & ofc Taremi (5)

Those who flopped or haven't found their footing yet: Beiranvand, Niazmand, Salmani (still remember he scored & assisted that one game but never got much playing time again), Moghanlou (4)

So as of now our legionnaires in Portugal have a 55.6% of succeeding? And yes haha, I know this is a premature way of looking at it but still gives some perspective.

Comment

Originally posted by inarsenewetrust View Post
                    Shift Allahyar to wing (where he has played the most this season. Also where he played in his tm mins vs iraq/lebanon) for useless ghayedi and then it is straight battle between zahedi and alipour
                    Ghaedi is good lol...

Comment

Ghaedi is good lol...
                      OK now the Mohebi comments have more context

Comment

As i said before he is very hard working, he is not the best finisher but his speed and hustle for the ball make him a decent striker.

Sent from my MAR-LX3A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by DR Strangemoosh View Post
                          OK now the Mohebi comments have more context
                          I'd take Mohebi over Ghaedi haha. Really disappointed in Mehdi for flaking from Europe, but hopefully he'll pull a Taremi and go to Europe.

Comment

He can finish the season double digits and this guy was linked many times to return to PP last season when things were not going well for him but decided to stay and fight for his spot unless Moghanlou or M. Mo who left for money.

Comment

Originally posted by Iran_19 View Post
                              He can finish the season double digits and this guy was linked many times to return to PP last season when things were not going well for him but decided to stay and fight for his spot.

Is Maritimo like a redemption spot for Persians? Abedzadeh found his footing here too lmao; he was 3rd choice when he came here, then 2nd, then 1st and now he's TM's starting keeper. Calling dibs now on Alipour surpassing Azmoun and Taremi 😂🤣

Comment

I'd take Mohebi over Ghaedi haha. Really disappointed in Mehdi for flaking from Europe, but hopefully he'll pull a Taremi and go to Europe.
                                He doesn't have the physical or emotional strength to make it in Europe, and particularly in the world cup (I still think Queiroz did the right thing in not inviting Khalatbari for 2018 for the way we HAD to play to make a respectable account of ourselves). We need strong physical warriors for this kind of tournament because we just don't have the players in centre/defensive midfield or defence to compete against other sides. We need to be realistic not in a dream world.

Doctor DOOM said in this thread:

Originally posted by Doctor DOOM View Post
                                ^ oh I may be able to debate that.
                                talent wise I dont think we are behind most of these teams.
                                and I'm thinking when reading this What the actual FAAK. I mean that post is literally comparing a team which has one of the world's best defenders who has a host of good defenders around him, with Edu Mendy behind them (forget their midfielders and forwarsd for a second), with Iran's depth...? (Kind of helps me contextualise his opinion about the former coach though)....

This is why being realistic is important, and part of that is that Ghaedi will get literally flattened in a world cup.

Alipour on the other hand, let's wait and see - I've never been a fan of him but he is doing very well and looks hungry and he is fighting every week - he has chosen the grind and is really doing his best. Everything should be meritocratic. If he continues like this then who knows..., I think it will take a camp and Skocic may need to make some tough decisions.

Comment

Working...
                                X