No announcement yet.

Saman Ghoddos @ Brentford FC | 2021-22

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If i remember correctly saman had offers from Fulham and crystal palace. But i think he would fit german league perfectly.

Either stay and wait for your time or loan tranfer to another club where you would get playing time!

Comment

Originally posted by milad_b View Post
      If i remember correctly saman had offers from Fulham and crystal palace. But i think he would fit german league perfectly.

Either stay and wait for your time or loan tranfer to another club where you would get playing time!
      Should use Premier League Prestige and draw offers from other leagues where he usually would not have offers from had he not played in the Premiership.

Comment

he is certainly ill suited to the current brentford general game tactics and at a very least questionable whether he has the required pace and stamina/energy levels to ever get consistent minutes in this league..!!
        if the situation continues till winter, a loan move to a different, hopefully still a top 5 eu would be an ideal ... a loan to mid table La Liga would be grand..!
        but i dont think Brentford would do that if he doesnt insist on such a loan... they are not stacked enough team and still need him for the rest of season for cup games and when injuries mount up, which is unavoidable in the league and especially the combative style of their play..!

Comment

Originally posted by BacheLot View Post
          he is certainly ill suited to the current brentford general game tactics and at a very least questionable whether he has the required pace and stamina/energy levels to ever get consistent minutes in this league..!!
          if the situation continues till winter, a loan move to a different, hopefully still a top 5 eu would be an ideal ... a loan to mid table La Liga would be grand..!
          but i dont think Brentford would do that if he doesnt insist on such a loan... they are not stacked enough team and still need him for the rest of season for cup games and when injuries mount up, which is unavoidable in the league and especially the combative style of their play..!
          La liga , Bundeslia and serie a would be perfect but anything lower than that would be very disapointing "downgrade" move!

French league and portuguese league would be so depressing for him and his fans! His dream was to play in world's best league ! I don't think he'll let go of that dream that easily!

Originally posted by Leicester City View Post
          Should use Premier League Prestige and draw offers from other leagues where he usually would not have offers from had he not played in the Premiership.
          crystal palace was interested in signing him! Jordan Ayew and jeffrey schlupp have been poor this season! So i think patrick vieira is looking for replacements! Lets hope he gets saman instead!

Comment

Comment

Why do our players keep going to England, I don't get it.
              Ma Bishomarim

"!خدایا ایستاده مردن را نصبیم کن که از نشسته زیستن در زلت خسته ام"
              محمد مختاری -

"Lord, let me die standing, as I am tired of living in indignity and on my knees"
              - Mohammad Mokhtari

Comment

Originally posted by Dreamer View Post
                Most don’t actually. ARJ was whooed by CH and BHA for a record signing that just didn’t work out. Saman ended up in the Championship (and now EPL) after some shady and unfortunate issues elsewhere, which was actually a great outcome based on what happened previously. Hopefully he can turn things around with the Bees.

Comment

Maybe because its the best league in the world and also the highest paying league in the world! Who doesn't wanna play in EPL ! Best players in the world are in EPL ! Chelsea , Man United , Man City , Arsenal , Liverpool .... Who doesn't wanna play against those teams man.

Comment

Originally posted by diz View Post
                    Most don’t actually. ARJ was whooed by CH and BHA for a record signing that just didn’t work out. Saman ended up in the Championship (and now EPL) after some shady and unfortunate issues elsewhere, which was actually a great outcome based on what happened previously. Hopefully he can turn things around with the Bees.
                    Maybe because its the best league in the world and also the highest paying league in the world! Who doesn't wanna play in EPL ! Best players in the world are in EPL ! Chelsea , Man United , Man City , Arsenal , Liverpool .... Who doesn't wanna play against those teams man.
                    I should've clarified -- no other Iranians have had success in the PL. Bagheri, Kaebi, Dejagah, Ansarifard, Ghoochannejhad, Jahanbakhsh ... even Teymourian whose stamina and work-rate is by far higher than others still had 1 good season and then couldn't work it out.

It's attractive, yes, but it doesn't suit our players, not now anyways. Most of our players who go there are attacking players, and they need to play defensive in England. Spain, France, Germany, Italy all have very respectable leagues and teams with tactics that are much more suited to our players, which will allow them to have much more success, but for some reason they opt out of going there.
                    Ma Bishomarim

"!خدایا ایستاده مردن را نصبیم کن که از نشسته زیستن در زلت خسته ام"
                    محمد مختاری -

"Lord, let me die standing, as I am tired of living in indignity and on my knees"
                    - Mohammad Mokhtari

Comment

I should've clarified -- no other Iranians have had success in the PL. Bagheri, Kaebi, Dejagah, Ansarifard, Ghoochannejhad, Jahanbakhsh ... even Teymourian whose stamina and work-rate is by far higher than others still had 1 good season and then couldn't work it out.

It's attractive, yes, but it doesn't suit our players, not now anyways. Most of our players who go there are attacking players, and they need to play defensive in England. Spain, France, Germany, Italy all have very respectable leagues and teams with tactics that are much more suited to our players, which will allow them to have much more success, but for some reason they opt out of going there.
                      I would say Dejagah was successful with Fulham.

Comment

Yes I agree with you on that. And i've been saying it for many years that iranian physique doesn't suit Premier league! Unless they develop in UK i don't think iranians can have success in PL.
                        I was actually one of the guys that was against jahanbakhsh and saeed joining english teams! Its one of the toughest league in the world !

However saman in this case is totally different! He had great season in championship and so far has been performing well in Premier league. I would say saman has been developed in championship and ready for Premier league! I mean he survided championship surely he can survive Premier league too.

Comment

Back at it again with the 'why EPL?' debates of the ARJ thread as if playing 90 minutes a week against Farmerlicao/Farmer Vigo/Farmerdoria/Farmer Furth is somehow superior. EPL is where the quality, money and passion is.

https://www.brentfordfc.com/news/202...E7Du3FEL8.link

Played 90 minutes in a friendly on Monday and scored. Onyeka and Wissa impressed more though so meh.

As long as he starts the Carabao Cup match against Chelsea all is well. The flag is coming out for that one.

Comment

Saman Ghoddos on Liverpool vs Brentford ticket page

https://www.brentfordfc.com/news/202...kets-15.01.22/

Comment

So fans did a interview with thomas frank and here is the bits about saman:

Pretty much asked the question that i've been asking! why playing this ugly 3-5-2! He said wanted to defend very well!
                              Lol Someone tell Mr frank that this system is not working very well! conceded 21 goals in 15 matches is not good for a deffensive team!

Good thing is that he realised it and wanted to change to 3-4-3 but wissa got injured and totally ruined it! So he said if they are fit he will move 3-4-3 which could make saman getting that fixed spot!

In short he'll only use saman when they want to play offensive football!

Question: GPG: I’ve run a few together here… this one’s about formations. We’ve played one system since we’ve been in the Premier League. Would you feel as comfortable playing 3-4-3 or 4-3-3 in the PL as we did in the Championship, or does the system preference reflect the different challenges of the two leagues? Are we able to adapt to a back four without a proper right back, and when did you decide our default formation for this season would be three at the back?

Answer: TF: I decided on three at the back more or less straight away after we got promoted. Not the first week, but I knew when we got into the PL, also with the personnel we have, and I think if we want to make a good impression and perform well, I think we need to defend very well. And I think it’s easier to defend very well with three centre-backs, and sometimes a back five.

So that was one of the rationales behind it. The three main things we want to do well this season are, defend very well; be very good on set pieces; and be in the top three fittest teams. That is the three key aspects that I think will make us get a good season in the Prem. If we are going to play with three centre backs, I knew, a little bit like we did in the end in the Championship, I wanted to play with a winger, like Sergi, as a wingback. So, we need some offensive player; it will be too ‘heavy’ if we play with three centre backs and two full backs in the back five.

Then the other thing, with 3-5-2 came a little bit combination of the amount of good midfielders, and because Ivan and Bryan are so good together. I’ve trained a lot on 3-4-3 as well, and we’ve also played that in pre-season, against Watford for example, and that’s a system that in some games we tweak it a bit - so with Shandon and Saman, sometimes when we build up, we build up as a 3-4-3, with Saman or Shandon getting up, and Ivan or Bryan as a nine, so we have two 10’s and a nine.

With Wissa’s form, increasing form and fitness, I was closer and closer to playing 3-4-3. With Wissa and Ivan and Bryan. But finally, we were there, with the fitness level, and he was banging goals in in training and also in games, I thought OK, now is the moment. And then…injured.

I think v Chelsea we still played 3-5-2 because we need a little more running capacity in midfield against them, but even against Leicester or Burnley away, we could have done more, or also it’s a tool that I could do early in games.
                              =

Question2:
                              Les: Is there any tactical move you’ve made this season that you regret? Going back to the Norwich game, there was a lot of surprise that we just scored a goal and we seemed to make changes. then Charlie Goode went up front. Did you look at that and think, that didn’t quite work out as planned?

Answer2:TF: Erm…. let me think. The Norwich game – I actually think I did very brilliant with the first of the changes, Vita out, Saman in, and I love Vita, but he was not sharp, he was coming back from injury, and he probably couldn’t go 90; so I think to myself, I kept him on instead of Matti, and Matti should be the more offensive one. Second thing we did was to go as offensive as possible - Sergi to the left, Bryan to the right, with wing backs as actually wingers, Marcus up front with Ivan and Saman as the ten. So that’s the most offensive we could go. So those two, very pleased with, I was not pleased with the Charlie one. It didn’t work. But the problem was that before we did it, we were a little bit stuck, they changed to a back five and we couldn’t produce and we thought hmm, let’s go a little more, and it didn’t work.

source: https://griffinpark.org/index.php?th...erview.136465/

Comment

Originally posted by Taz View Post
                                Back at it again with the 'why EPL?' debates of the ARJ thread as if playing 90 minutes a week against Farmerlicao/Farmer Vigo/Farmerdoria/Farmer Furth is somehow superior. EPL is where the quality, money and passion is.

https://www.brentfordfc.com/news/202...E7Du3FEL8.link

Played 90 minutes in a friendly on Monday and scored. Onyeka and Wissa impressed more though so meh.

As long as he starts the Carabao Cup match against Chelsea all is well. The flag is coming out for that one.
                                Pool onjaast = keifiyat onjaast.

Agar pool onja nabood in ingilisihaa khodeshoon mimondand va Bil o Kolangeshoon va keshtzaare sibzaminihaashoon.

Vali hich shakki nist ke chon pool darand EPL behtarin lige donya shode.

Agar shogh (passion) mikhai to Argentina va Brazil bishtar hast, amma pool onja nist, pool dar jibe MR. SMITH hast.
                                DROOD BAR AHMAD KASRAVI.

Comment

Working...
                                X