No announcement yet.

Saman Ghoddos @ Brentford FC | 2021-22

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

All of these things that he doesnt seem confident enough or looks slow or blah blah I don't really buy.

I think he is focussed too much on the wrong things. He seems to be overcompensating on defensive end to be very active, aggressive, etc bc he thinks that is why coaches do not trust him.

But it has opposite effect. He is not a naturally great defender (although his stocky frame means he can be good in tackling situations at times) and the excess energy just makes him more likely to commit dumb fouls, and seems to mess up his typically flawless game in possession.

He is better off adopting approach ozil had in his prime. Still put in lot of miles, cover the necessary ground, but focus on cutting off passing lanes in defensive block rather than committing too many challenges. Saman is a better presser than ozil and I dont see him doing the wrong thing too often when team is pressing high. When they go to deeper block if he focuses on just doing the basics, and then having some ideas of how to get the team out of pressure, keep possession, when they do create a turnover, he will be a much more valuable asset and undroppable bc they dont have any profile like that in the team.

Positive from this half is there are signs a really dangerous trident could form with him under mbuemo and toney. They have a strong understanding between each other that just needs game time to gel more.

Comment

Originally posted by KasraKhan View Post
      Mbuemo has never impressed me. He gets so much game time yet rarely (if ever) produces.

Who else can they play there? Forss?
      Wissa would be a good option when he is fit. Looks a much better option that Forss. Also Mbeumo and the woodwork have become best friends this season - I think it’s 7 times he has hit the woodwork so far.

Comment

They showed Mehrdad Ghodoussi and his wife Amanda Staveley at the match.

Comment

And btw I dont think you can deny he is covering a lot of ground. He was everywhere during that half. To do that at PL level shows he is very fit now.

He just needs to strike a balance between doing that but then dictating the game more when he gets the ball. He has the talent level for it.

Comment

It has been a poor performance by him so far.
            He is much better off the right winger.

Sent from my MAR-LX3A using Tapatalk

Comment

He is off as expected.
              Also because of yellow.

Comment

He limped off. Hope he is ok. Second half was better than first. Good pressing and defensive effort, one dangerous cross. One time went over too easily in dangerous area near his own goal though.

He will get more chances bc as we saw from last weeks of goal, assists his quality is there.

Comment

Originally posted by inarsenewetrust View Post
                  He limped off. Hope he is ok. Second half was better than first. Good pressing and defensive effort, one dangerous cross. One time went over too easily in dangerous area near his own goal though.

He will get more chances bc as we saw from last weeks of goal, assists his quality is there.
                  He put a lot of hard work in , in that first half . He looked a little gassed out which is understandable with his lack of full 90 and
                  Also the travelling he has done over last week.

Comment

His replacement scored already

Comment

FookMe
                      wake up late ... finally find a working link ...to see saman lumbering about the pitch and getting subbed out and his replacement Onyeka nearly right up on intro get a lucky deflected goal..!

didnt see his performance, but from a little bit i saw of him on the pitch today and Lebanon, he needs more lively and mobile presence and probably still needs to work on his stamina and agility..!! he still seems to slow moving about the pitch and not quite at speed of the game..!?

Comment

Originally posted by fairplay View Post
                        His replacement scored already

Comment

Originally posted by BacheLot View Post
                          FookMe
                          wake up late ... finally find a working link ...to see saman lumbering about the pitch and getting subbed out and his replacement Onyeka nearly right up on intro get a lucky deflected goal..!

didnt see his performance, but from a little bit i saw of him on the pitch today and Lebanon, he needs more lively and mobile presence and probably still needs to work on his stamina and agility..!! he still seems to slow moving about the pitch and not quite at speed of the game..!?
                          Its not really his issue actually. His fitness is there, he tracks back on defensive end.

He just needs to pair that with his own qualities, shooting from outside box when he has the chance, keeping possession like he does so smartly under pressure generally speaking.

Today was first game I saw him look poor in possession for brentford. He shouldnt allow that to happen again bc thats one of the main reasons for him to be on the pitch.

Comment

Something is missing in his game. Probably lack of playing times, off field issues and fitness but he hasn't even been the shadow of the player he was during his time in Sweden. Not even close. I mean even in TM since Queiroz, and against some half a$$ teams, he failed to perform base on expectation.
                            As i said few times, he is not your typical CM in modern football. Teams barely play with CAM(we did vs Lebanon) and he is not that fast off the winger, but i still rather to see him off the wingers.

Comment

3-3 RB and keeper mistake

Comment

ASM equalises , I did say he would prove me wrong today and have some end product. Was a lovely cross into him.

Comment

Working...
                                X