Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by diz View Post
    BRentford scores again!
    Onyeka who came on for Saman got the goal - he looks a good player and has a goal in him.

Comment

I was at the game. He closed down well (on one occasion leading to the offside goal) but really didn't offer a lot going forward, which is poor considering he was playing on the left of a front 3.

Neither he nor Forss (whose first touches were terrible) had the pace to trouble Valencia. Saman was not direct enough and often took the wrong option (passing or holding on to the ball rather than taking a shot) or chose the wrong pass.

The team looked much better after he came off, though Canos playing further forward helped (he was wasted at RWB) and Onyeka and Norgaard looked very good together at DM, it seemed like Janelt was playing more advanced.

It's not great that Saman was only given 45 mins but still, with Jensen injured/unfit and Dasilva out for the season and Peart-Harris unproven, he should get game time in the first few weeks of the season. It will just depend on what system Frank plays (probably the 3-4-3 we saw today).

Regardless, Saman really needs to hit the ground running in the premier league otherwise his game time will be limited when his competition in the squad get back to fill fitness and/or if they add players like Cajuste and Wissa in the coming weeks.

Comment

I didn’t realise Dasilva is out for the season , that is a big loss. Such a talented player.

Comment

First EPL match against Arsenal (at Brentford I believe). Should be a nice match for Saman and company to get some prime time exposure in their first match in the Premiere League.

Comment

Originally posted by Malkay View Post
            I was at the game. He closed down well (on one occasion leading to the offside goal) but really didn't offer a lot going forward, which is poor considering he was playing on the left of a front 3.
            Neither he nor Forss (whose first touches were terrible) had the pace to trouble Valencia. Saman was not direct enough and often took the wrong option (passing or holding on to the ball rather than taking a shot) or chose the wrong pass.
            The team looked much better after he came off, though Canos playing further forward helped (he was wasted at RWB) and Onyeka and Norgaard looked very good together at DM, it seemed like Janelt was playing more advanced.
            It's not great that Saman was only given 45 mins but still, with Jensen injured/unfit and Dasilva out for the season and Peart-Harris unproven, he should get game time in the first few weeks of the season. It will just depend on what system Frank plays (probably the 3-4-3 we saw today).
            Regardless, Saman really needs to hit the ground running in the premier league otherwise his game time will be limited when his competition in the squad get back to fill fitness and/or if they add players like Cajuste and Wissa in the coming weeks.
            His pace was/is still lacking & leaves much more to be desired ( especially for super fast league like EPL) ..! & perhaps he wasn’ strong enough in possession on couple of occasions & not direct & selfish enough ..!
            IMO he is looking too much to set up his teammates & give quick give n go passes rather take a crack @ goal or try to dribble or make a run at the goal ..!
            Otherwise in 1st half he had excellent movements w/o the ball, making himself available as simple outlet around MF area & was one of few (perhaps the only MFdr) who attempted & often succeeded in sending meaningful forward passes to his teammates rather than the simple/bs back passes to GK etc.
            the big problem I see so far this preseason is that his teammates don’t trust him enough to hit him with simple passes when he is clearly open & looking to spread the ball & his pace still too slow for pace of the games ..!
            Otherwise his composure in possession & passing in the traffic area ( middle of the pitch) is exemplary & he is a lot Faster/smarter & impactful with his passing than the rest of MF partners.
            Ps
            Brenford started playing better only after Valencia empty their bench around 55-60 min & sent in a bunch of their scrubs ..!
            Last edited by BacheLot; 08-07-2021, 08:29 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by diz View Post
              First EPL match against Arsenal (at Brentford I believe). Should be a nice match for Saman and company to get some prime time exposure in their first match in the Premiere League.
              Its a fantastic start, 3 points in since, and only since, its Arsenal
              Jokes aside, it will be entertaining for sure, and since its Arsenal, Brentford will probably atleast score some goals and have a good chance getting points. 1st game aswell..
              Supporting Team Melli

Comment

Originally posted by Medzdidz View Post
                I didn’t realise Dasilva is out for the season , that is a big loss. Such a talented player.
                He has a serious hip injury. He's been on crutches for the past 4 or 5 months. Last I heard from the fans they don't expect to see him until 2022 but whether he'll recover and get fit enough to play any part of the second half of this season is anyone's guess, which is probably why they've been so active with midfielders this transfer window.

Hip injuries can be serious and impact your mobility for the rest of your life. For the preservation of his career, he won't want to rush back.

Comment

Originally posted by BacheLot View Post
                  His pace was/is still lacking & leaves much more to be desired ( especially for super fast league like EPL) ..! & perhaps he wasn’ strong enough in possession on couple of occasions & not direct & selfish enough ..!
                  IMO he is looking too much to set up his teammates & give quick give n go passes rather take a crack @ goal or try to dribble or make a run at the goal ..!
                  Otherwise in 1st half he had excellent movements w/o the ball, making himself available as simple outlet around MF area & was one of few (perhaps the only MFdr) who attempted & often succeeded in sending meaningful forward passes to his teammates rather than the simple/bs back passes to GK etc.
                  the big problem I see so far this preseason is that his teammates don’t trust him enough to hit him with simple passes when he is clearly open & looking to spread the ball & his pace still too slow for pace of the games ..!
                  Otherwise his composure in possession & passing in the traffic area ( middle of the pitch) is exemplary & he is a lot Faster/smarter & impactful with his passing than the rest of MF partners.
                  Ps
                  Brenford started playing better only after Valencia empty their bench around 55-60 min & sent in a bunch of their scrubs ..!
                  Valencia actually started the game with more reserve team players and put their starters/first-team players around 55-60 mins.

Comment

Originally posted by saadat_abad View Post
                    Valencia actually started the game with more reserve team players and put their starters/first-team players around 55-60 mins.
                    Huh..! You’d know better I guess as I don’t know much about the current team
                    However changing some 4-5 players all at once, still takes the wind outa your team’s sail & overall flow & chemistry of the team changes dramatically regardless ..!
                    In the first half they were playing quiet well as a team & controlling the tempo & possession despite brentford playing good too & getting scored on only a solitary brain fart moment..!

Ps
                    What I’m getting @ is that I don’t think Frank is expecting saman to be running @ defenses & dribbling etc.
                    Even if lined up in a front 3 , he seems to be still expected to play more of Box to Box CM role, connecting their D to Attack & send some searching through balls to the wingers & the striker on attack & revert back to close passing lanes to the opponents when they loose possession....,!
                    On those fronts, his positioning about the pitch & calm & composure in possession & speed of decision making on the ball & passing to an open player with one quick touch etc.has been doing just fine IMO this preseason..!
                    He trying to emulate Gündoğan‘s game & doing a pretty ok job of that so far ..!

He looks a starter material to me & probably to Frank too but only FTB ..! If JDS was healthy though he’d be benched behind him for sure ..!
                    But still needs to improve his speed & production levels shooting from top of box, off deadball deliveries or service to solidify it or will be benched in favor of this new DM or other MFdrr they seem to still be after.
                    Last edited by BacheLot; 08-08-2021, 08:14 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by BacheLot View Post
                      Huh..! You’d know better I guess as I don’t know much about the current team
                      However changing some 4-5 players all at once, still takes the wind outa your team’s sail & overall flow & chemistry of the team changes dramatically regardless ..!
                      In the first half they were playing quiet well as a team & controlling the tempo & possession despite brentford playing good too & getting scored on only a solitary brain fart moment..!
                      I'm just going off what the commentators said!

Comment

Comment

Brentford signed Yoane Wissa today from French club Lorient.

Thomas Frank says "He can play as a winger, number 10, and striker". Translation, he is competition for Saman Ghoddos, given that Brentford don't play a system that fits a number 10. Mbeumo and Canos will continue to be competition, and possibly Dervişoğlu as well.

After these first handful of games, I think Saman will struggle to get into the team unless he really starts contributing in the goals and/or assists column. I hope I'm wrong...

Comment

Not sure he's ever going to be capable of producing significant output in terms of goals and assists at this kind of level. Best hope of establishing himself is as some sort of midfield dictator of tempo but again, good luck doing that in the EPL where only the likes Jorginho/Thiago can cut it.

Comment

Saman is a great player, very inteligent & confident he was a star player in Swedish league and had some bad luck in France but I'm sure he will be an important player for Brentford like in TM we are lucky that he chose Iran over Sweden! Brentford is just jumping ramp for him
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Taz View Post
                                Not sure he's ever going to be capable of producing significant output in terms of goals and assists at this kind of level. Best hope of establishing himself is as some sort of midfield dictator of tempo but again, good luck doing that in the EPL where only the likes Jorginho/Thiago can cut it.
                                his level looks pretty good to me, though more pace to his game is lacking still..!!
                                what's bothering me and beginning to piss me off, is how he is overlooked by his teammates as a goal threat top of the box all the time..!!? Ive lost count of how many times he is open for a shot and his teammates force a service instead to a crowded box area..!! sometimes even a fking simple pass for a giveNgo ...like WTF man ...? he is opening himself brilliantly for an outlet but the goozoo goes outa his way to instead punt it forward to nowhere or attempt a more dangerous pass to the wing..!!

i hope im not reading too much into that..!!>? but he can not score or assist as much if he is being looked over to frequently and all so annoyingly blatantly sometimes in or near the box..!!
                                we know he has a mean killer shot in him and an excellent eye for the goal , but only if he is trusted and looked up on more by his teammates around him in the pitch like in Ostersund..!!

this is the ugly side-affect and nature of playing in a cut-throat, rich league such as EPL, the competition for playing minutes is very intense and if your not of a special attractive breed, your teammates could easily make you look bad on the pitch by overlooking you in golden chances or by putting you under pressure with kiri passes ect...!! Not saying Sammy is there yet in this club but i can see a little evidences of such in recent games beginning to rear its ugly head ..!!

Comment

Working...
                                X