Saman Ghoddos @ Brentford FC | 2021-22

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Taz View Post
    They're sitting 12th in the table (and more importantly, 5th on xPTS), why on Earth would they make wholsesale changes to their team?
    well they've lost 3 games in a row. Only 2 point difference between them and team ranked 17th and only 5 point difference between them and burnley (ranked 18th) . 12 injuries. Their main goalie is out for some time and fernandez doesn't look so promising ! Their right and left side with canos and henry is badly lacking.

Comment

Brentford really miss Dasilva - he is their driving force. I also think Brentford have performed remarkably well so far - the only really bad half they have had was that first one against Burnley. They were unlucky against Chelsea and Leicester - two teams who have regularly been two of the best in recent seasons. I think we are being slightly harsh on them.
      Canos has played as well as he can out of position , he will get caught defensively as he wants to attack. Henry I thought has played ok - he drives forward too and sometimes gets caught defensively but that is how he is asked to play. I am not just saying that cos I was friends with his mom 😂

Comment

Originally posted by Medzdidz View Post
        Brentford really miss Dasilva - he is their driving force. I also think Brentford have performed remarkably well so far - the only really bad half they have had was that first one against Burnley. They were unlucky against Chelsea and Leicester - two teams who have regularly been two of the best in recent seasons. I think we are being slightly harsh on them.
        Canos has played as well as he can out of position , he will get caught defensively as he wants to attack. Henry I thought has played ok - he drives forward too and sometimes gets caught defensively but that is how he is asked to play. I am not just saying that cos I was friends with his mom 😂
        Is henry your son? be honest

Comment

Ajer out for 2 months!!!

Comment

Originally posted by milad_b View Post
            Is henry your son? be honest
            Don’t tell my wife 😂

Comment

Originally posted by Leicester City View Post
              Ajer out for 2 months!!!
              It's been ridiculous the injuries they've had in 2 months or so (Mbeumo, Janelt, Baptiste, Wissa... Onyeka had Covid) alongside long-term injury to Dasilva (he may not come back the same player) but it's looking particularly grim for Brentford in defence right now

As we know, the goalie (Raya) is out for 4-5 months and they have a real crisis with their 7 first team CBs. As it stands:

- Ajer out till the new year, at least
              - Sorensen out till the new year, at least
              - Janvier long term knee injury (though he is waaay down the pecking order)

Of their 4 supposedly fit CBs at this minute:

- Pinnock has an ongoing hip problem and isn't 100% fit
              - Zanka's wife had a baby yesterday, hopefully he makes himself available for the Norwich game
              - Jansson is their most injury prone defender but currently the only CB without any concerns about his availability
              - Goode has rarely been available since he signed last summer not believed to be physical issues (i.e. rumoured to be mental health problems)... Even if fit, he's not believed to be at the standard for the PL

They may need to ask the PL for dispensation for an emergency loan or to make a desperate short term contract offer to a free agent. Not good.

If Pinnock or Zanka (maybe both) don't play on Saturday, do they revert to a back 4, playing Roerslev on the right? Will depend on Mbeumo's fitness but would probably be a 4-3-3 if they do that. Might harm Ghoddos' chances of starting as they'd likely not start with an attacking midfielder like him or Jensen.

At this point I have no idea what the team and formation we will see and that says a lot about their current situation, given how little Frank tinkers.

Norwich are 5/1 to win on Saturday. If I were a betting man...

Comment

^^^ I honestly blame Frank for all these injuries!

A) the style of his game plan is mostly physical!
                B) His players are not fit enough !
                C) The goalkeeper situation is on brentford management and frank. Team normally get 3-4 goalies that they can rely on .
                D) Ajer got injured in the EFL CUP ! frank had no reason to risk him like that.

I've seen people criticising Saman for not getting physical but I think saman is clever and knows he'll get injured if he get stupid physical contact with other players in PL.

Comment

Originally posted by Malkay View Post
                  It's been ridiculous the injuries they've had in 2 months or so (Mbeumo, Janelt, Baptiste, Wissa... Onyeka had Covid) alongside long-term injury to Dasilva (he may not come back the same player) but it's looking particularly grim for Brentford in defence right now

As we know, the goalie (Raya) is out for 4-5 months and they have a real crisis with their 7 first team CBs. As it stands:

- Ajer out till the new year, at least
                  - Sorensen out till the new year, at least
                  - Janvier long term knee injury (though he is waaay down the pecking order)

Of their 4 supposedly fit CBs at this minute:

- Pinnock has an ongoing hip problem and isn't 100% fit
                  - Zanka's wife had a baby yesterday, hopefully he makes himself available for the Norwich game
                  - Jansson is their most injury prone defender but currently the only CB without any concerns about his availability
                  - Goode has rarely been available since he signed last summer not believed to be physical issues (i.e. rumoured to be mental health problems)... Even if fit, he's not believed to be at the standard for the PL

They may need to ask the PL for dispensation for an emergency loan or to make a desperate short term contract offer to a free agent. Not good.

If Pinnock or Zanka (maybe both) don't play on Saturday, do they revert to a back 4, playing Roerslev on the right? Will depend on Mbeumo's fitness but would probably be a 4-3-3 if they do that. Might harm Ghoddos' chances of starting as they'd likely not start with an attacking midfielder like him or Jensen.

At this point I have no idea what the team and formation we will see and that says a lot about their current situation, given how little Frank tinkers.

Norwich are 5/1 to win on Saturday. If I were a betting man...
                  regardless of shortages theyd be dumb to be cautious with norwich. Go right at that weak team, key is proper link between midfield and attack (ghoddos is only guy in the squad that fulfills that) and go for the jugular.

Critical 3 pts at stakes considering the injury issues you mentioned and harder games coming up. View this norwich game as a 3 pts everybody else in the division will get. Brentford cant afford to not win.

Comment

Originally posted by milad_b View Post
                    ^^^ I honestly blame Frank for all these injuries!

A) the style of his game plan is mostly physical!
                    B) His players are not fit enough !
                    C) The goalkeeper situation is on brentford management and frank. Team normally get 3-4 goalies that they can rely on .
                    D) Ajer got injured in the EFL CUP ! frank had no reason to risk him like that.

I've seen people criticising Saman for not getting physical but I think saman is clever and knows he'll get injured if he get stupid physical contact with other players in PL.
                    I agree with points C & D.

I don't understand why they didn't invest in more reliable GKs given they are the spine of the team...? Probably not as important as other problems, but regardless.

I DO NOT understand why Ajer was pointlessly risked against Stoke. This seem to have pissed a lot of Brentford fans off from what I read/saw, rightly so. Worst case scenario Norgaard can slot back if necessary, right? Did so last season, IIRC.

Comment

like i said earlier Brentford badly need a Win to stop their recent skid down the table..! dominant performance a Tie would also suffice but anything less and they could well be hitting into the relegation zone of EPL and probably remain thereabouts for the much, if not rest of the season..!!?
                      confidence and winning mentality are a big part of success in EPL (especially so for a newly promoted, low budget club like brentford) and a Loss here could well create massive doubts in their squad and fanbase and essentially shitt all over their great start and force the team into a Survival mode Already ..!

this old man zanka ? looked to be a solid late arrival and not much of a quality downgrade from Ajer, if Any..!
                      he can easily slot in the RB role and along with pontus and pinnock complete their backline..!
                      in MF and attack they still got enough healthy options to field in a formidable team as well, especially if they give saman his well earned Starting spot (hopefully in a more advanced role)..!

the biggest concern for me currently in their GK situation... this young fellow aint gonna cut it, for their typical Mostly Cautious Style of Play so far this season..! Raya seemed to have in him at least 1-2 ridiculous (99% goal) Saves in him in order to keep them alive in closely contested games and help them nick it late or salvage a draw for them...!! youngster simply doesnt ...!
                      As such, Frank can ill afford not to adopt a more daring/attacking game approach to get positive results still, especially so against inferior opponents..! they simply gonna need more production(more goals) from their frontline to stay near as competitive as they've been so far in EPL and this getting 9 man behind the ball and sending high balls service to the often isolated front 2 aint gonna cut it..!

Comment

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Leicester City View Post
                            Worst case scenario Norgaard can slot back if necessary, right? Did so last season, IIRC.
                            Yes, that is true and a good point. Hopefully it wont come to that though as his composure to dictate tempo and combativeness is desperately needed in the midfield. He's undoubtedly been their player of the season thus far.

Comment

https://www.brentfordfc.com/news/202...ity-interview/

Thomas on Saman Ghoddos …

Saman is a very good player and brings us some extra offensive quality in terms of the slide pass, crosses, and arriving in the box. That is what I like to see from him. For quite a long time now he’s got the basics right in terms of pressing with intensity and where he needs to be on the defensive part of it. I always know he can bring something offensively to the team but for me it is hitting that high level consistently to give us as much as possible in every game.

Comment

Match day tomorrow vs. Norwich (bottom of the table). Brentford need to dominate this match to get their mojo back. Hoping to see Saman get significant minutes in this match.

Comment

Working...
                                X