No announcement yet.

Saman Ghoddos @ Brentford FC | 2021-22

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We always played with 2 typical DM in the last 10 years at least. So it is not only Slocic, CQ did that as well.

Wilmots used Masoud there as one of options and it was disaster.
    We actually played with 2 pure DM in past(ando-javad) or (Saeid-Ebrahimi). Now there is Nour next to Saeid who is not typical DM but fit much more in this role than Saman.

Sent from my MAR-LX3A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by diz View Post
      Would absolutely support Saman if he snubbed the next invitation for TM in November. I don't think he would do this, as he's a professional. But what is the point of making the cross-continental trip, going through countless COVID testing/isolation protocols, just to warm the bench? I would get it he was second/third in line to superior players, but c'mon man, what are Dragan/Bagheri/Hashemian smoking?
      Diz jan, I would agree with your statement if he was a benchwarmer for his club and wanted to leave but the national team is a different matter. The coach decides who plays and it should be an honor for any player to represent their national team even if it means that a player, in this case the talented mister Ghoddos, has to warm the bench. If Saman would snub a TM invitation (with his clubs approval), then imo he should no longer be invited to TM. What we demand are dedicated players who are there to serve their country no matter what.

Comment

Originally posted by Iran_19 View Post
        We always played with 2 typical DM in the last 10 years at least. So it is not only Slocic, CQ did that as well.
        Wilmots used Masoud there as one of options and it was disaster.
        We actually played with 2 pure DM in past(ando-javad) or (Saeid-Ebrahimi). Now there is Nour next to Saeid who is not typical DM but fit much more in this role than Saman.
        TM needs to play with 2 DM's (especially against stronger opponents) or our defense will be like a swiss cheese hole. I don't understand why people compare Ghoddos with Nourollahi? They are two entirely different players. Ghoddos's direct competitors in TM are Gholizadeh, Jahanbakhsh and Torabi, not Nourollahi, Amiri and co whom have a different role in TM with different qualities.

Comment

The only option for Saman to start is off the wingers, but even thar is hard.
          JB starting and is team captain, and coaches are in love with Amiri and we play with 2 target forwards. Unless he uses Amiri as LB.
          Tbh, Amiri was just average in the last 2 games. I like the guy but i think we need to give other guys a chance as he is 33.

Comment

Both Nouro and Ghoddos operate in the same area. Neither are DMs and Ghoddos used to be an AM but he's been taught the ways of being an '8' in recent seasons.

I could definitely understand the argument that we can't replace Nouro with Ghoddos if the former was offering absolutely anything other than an extra 8cm of height. As it is, you don't have to be one of the great minds of the sport to be able to incorporate Ghoddos over Nouro in a team.

Comment

Originally posted by Sepehr9 View Post
              TM needs to play with 2 DM's (especially against stronger opponents) or our defense will be like a swiss cheese hole. I don't understand why people compare Ghoddos with Nourollahi? They are two entirely different players. Ghoddos's direct competitors in TM are Gholizadeh, Jahanbakhsh and Torabi, not Nourollahi, Amiri and co whom have a different role in TM with different qualities.
              Yeah keep saying this here for months.
              The issue is we play with 2 CF. Which eliminate CAM in 2 DM system.

Even during AK8 times. We either played with only Daei upfront(early 2000)or later on when Vahid rejoined TM, AK8 was CAM for few years then off the wingers in his last years with Javad and Ando as DM and Daei and Vahid as targets.

Comment

Azmoun and Taremi need more service up front - at times in the Korea game it looked as if there was nothing centrally between Ezza and the front two - same in the UAE game too in the first half.
                We arguably have two of the best three attacking players in Asia who are quality strikers in European leagues, that is our strength so let’s give them the best opportunities you can with a playmaker behind them.

Comment

Originally posted by Iran_19 View Post
                  Yeah keep saying this here for months.
                  The issue is we play with 2 CF. Which eliminate CAM in 2 DM system.
                  Even during AK8 times. We either played with only Daei upfront(early 2000)or later on when Vahid rejoined TM, AK8 was CAM for few years then off the wingers in his last years with Javad and Ando as DM and Daei and Vahid as targets.
                  Exactly, there is no way Ghoddos can plays as DM, he doesn't have the physical ability nor is he able to do all the defensive work, physical duels, running, closing spaces etc. Nourollahi is very well suited to play as DM, same goes for Amiri next to a player such as Ezatolahi or Ali Karimi etc.

Ghoddos has to battle it out with Jahanbakhsh and Gholizadeh. There is no way TM can afford to play with 4 or 5 offensive (minded) players when we play against strong opponents.

Comment

There is absolutely NO reason we should be playing with two strikers.

A 4-3-3 attack would allow us to play our best players and still have two defensive midfielders:

Taremi at LW and ARJ/Gholi at RW, with Azmoun at ST, Ghoddos at CAM, and Ezatolahi & Nourollahi at CDM... Perfection.

Comment

Originally posted by Sepehr9 View Post
                      Exactly, there is no way Ghoddos can plays as DM, he doesn't have the physical ability nor is he able to do all the defensive work, physical duels, running, closing spaces etc. Nourollahi is very well suited to play as DM, same goes for Amiri next to a player such as Ezatolahi or Ali Karimi etc.

Ghoddos has to battle it out with Jahanbakhsh and Gholizadeh. There is no way TM can afford to play with 4 or 5 offensive (minded) players when we play against strong opponents.
                      Bro no one is asking him to play CDM. The only CDM on the team is Ezatolahi.

I like Skocic, but he needs to get his head out of his a** and realize that he can't play 4-4-2 for the rest of his career. It's too predictable. He needs to switch things up to allow for his best talents to play. Ghoddos is one of those talents and he fits perfectly as a CAM underneath Taremi, Azmoun, and ARJ/Gholi

Comment

History in AFC has taught us, caution is wise when it comes to being defensive.

Remember, CQ was trying the free-flowing football way with TM until we lost to Lebanon and Uzbekistan - then he went ultra defensive with 2 pure DMs as Iran_19 said.

Comment

CQ hardly played with 2 DMs. His favourite formation was 4-3-3 holding. With Nekounam as the DM and Ando and Haji playing in front of him as the 2 CMs.
                          "History is a set of lies that people have agreed upon,"

Comment

Past two games Azmoun and Taremi came in for a lot of criticism from some members for being invisible at certain points. UAE first half this was the case until the introduction of Gholizadeh in second half gave the front two better service.

Against Korea it was the same , front two sometimes feeding off scraps and were well defended. We kept trying to play the same ball that was not working - Ezza played some lovely balls over the top but these were few and far between. Also the ball kept going back to the defenders and to Beiro as there was no forward ball to play (a lot of the time in both games) - we were lucky at times to get away with this as the two CD and Beiro are not known for being comfortable on the ball (in my opinion). You bring on someone in the middle who can take control of the game , who can play balls to cut through the defence and who can provide better service to our main strength which is Azmoun and Taremi.

Comment

Originally posted by Ali Doust View Post
                              CQ hardly played with 2 DMs. His favourite formation was 4-3-3 holding. With Nekounam as the DM and Ando and Haji playing in front of him as the 2 CMs.
                              Ando was effectively a DM, even if he played striker.

Comment

Originally posted by Nokhodi View Post
                                Ando was effectively a DM, even if he played striker.
                                I am not sure what positions Ansarifard and Taremi were supposed to play against Spain, but I think they were DM also...

Comment

Working...
                                X