Saman Ghoddos @ Brentford FC | 2021-22

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pres80 View Post
    All these arguments are missing the point. Trying to see who he should replace in the lineup and in this system is not the right way to frame it.
    It is idiotic to not set your lineup and system around your best players. Having a fixed formation and trying to fit players into it rather than taking the best players and finding the formation that allows them to thrive is not smart.
    It's no secret Skocic is not a great coach. The only reason he is there is that he doesn't step on the toes of the federation and the rest of the system (when is the last time you saw IPL coaches criticising him as opposed to the weekly attacks on CQ).
    He is also smarter than Wilmots in that he hides his inadequacies as a coach by not getting in the way of the experienced players and letting them do their thing on the field.
    We have not been tested and we have also not played well under him. After every game it is the same, none of us are impressed by the performance and at this rate if we make it to the WC it will just be another group stage exit.
    Exactly. Just like some people calling for laughable ezatolahi exclusion Bc his club situation isn’t great or he is slow, pretending we have anybody near his caliber. Now we see again and again he’s our best dm and nobody is even close.

Saman is similar. He is head and shoulders above the other people in the midfield from technical standpoint, if you pair him with saeid and one of nour/amiri the midfield will have enough running in it for any of these half ass Asian teams.

I remember even when dej didn’t have best form or fitness Cq constantly called and started him and he was often our best player in CAM position, particularly in later years. Nobody came close.

Ghoddos is the dejagah replacement we’ve needed imo and it’s time to use him. Sorry if he doesn’t run like olagh for 90 mins, at least he won’t cause 56 turnovers or worse yet, hide behind 4 opposition players when we try to build out of the back forcing our cbs to go long to nobody half the time.

Anyways, none of the arguments presented explain how ghoddos shouldn’t at least be getting regular 30 mins. He should be first option on the bench, not just when we’re down. He can keep possession and allow us more control over the game in late stages with smart decision making and good ball movement.

Comment

All these arguments are missing the point. Trying to see who he should replace in the lineup and in this system is not the right way to frame it.

It is idiotic to not set your lineup and system around your best players. Having a fixed formation and trying to fit players into it rather than taking the best players and finding the formation that allows them to thrive is not smart.

It's no secret Skocic is not a great coach. The only reason he is there is that he doesn't step on the toes of the federation and the rest of the system (when is the last time you saw IPL coaches criticising him as opposed to the weekly attacks on CQ).

He is also smarter than Wilmots in that he hides his inadequacies as a coach by not getting in the way of the experienced players and letting them do their thing on the field.

We have not been tested and we have also not played well under him. After every game it is the same, none of us are impressed by the performance and at this rate if we make it to the WC it will just be another group stage exit.
      I don't think you set the formation base on your best players and you don't set your formation ignoring your best players.... It is always somewhere in the middle and never that black and white.

For example, if your ten best players are strikers and wingers, you are going to formulate a formation that will include ten strikers and wingers and no defenders and midfielders? No way, right?

If anything, I think Skocic is setting his formation principally based on his two best players, Taremi and Azmoun. He wants them to be central and close to goal. This basically makes it hard to fit a CAM in the team.

He is a decent coach and probably our coach during qualification and most likely world cup. So please stop bashing him because we can't get a world class coach anyways and whoever we get to replace his will most likely cause us to: "az chaleh dar beyaeem, beoftim to chah".

In this huge universe, only fans that want to replace a coach with a 10-1-0 record are the Iranian fans. I just don't get it.

Comment

I am glad you are NOT missing the point and are approaching the posters of the forum with a "holier than thou" attitude as if you have some superior complexity over those posters who are missing the point.

Clearly if his system is "idiotic", then surely we shouldn't be in the position where we're at right now, surely? It's just disappointing that people are going to frame out Skocic as terrible coach just because their favorite player isn't getting any minutes because the coach is protecting him from playing in a formation or position in which he does not fit or does not feel comfortable in.

It's no secret Skocic is not a great coach. The only reason he is there is that he doesn't step on the toes of the federation and the rest of the system (when is the last time you saw IPL coaches criticizing him as opposed to the weekly attacks on CQ).
        11 games undefeated (10-1-0) and 1st in our qualifying group is NOT a criteria of being a great coach. Although, stepping on the toes of IFF, rest of the system, and starting weekly fights PGPL coaches is a criteria for being a good coach. Funny how PGPL coaches only picked fights with CQ, but not Skocic? Perhaps PGPL coaches are only discriminatory to Portuguese coaches, but not Croatians? Interesting, that. Come on pres80, be honest... You and the other anti-Skocic crowd just want TM to lose so bad just so you can have your points proven, correct? Otherwise, why not let the man do his work in peace instead of creating a daily dose of hashieh? You guys are TM supporters, aren't you?

I see this point being brought up many times. I ask my question again: How is it that under Wilmots it was NOT individual brilliance carrying the team, but under Skocic it is individual brilliance carrying the team?

I would say that is subjective, especially the bolded for you to state it as if it were a fact. I was plenty impressed with our performances that we've played under Skocic so far and definitely do believe that we played well. If its going to be another group stage exit, then I don't see how that would be any different from the last 2 WCs (2014 and 2018)? More motivation for Skocic to get us to RO16, I would assume.

These are my favorite matches that we played under Skocic so far (in no specific order):

1. Iran vs Iraq: 3-0

2. Iran vs Bahrain: 3-0

3. Iran vs Bosnia: 2-0

Comment

Headed to the game. Hoping to meet Saman, any ideas on where the players after the game?

Comment

Comment

fak .... so Jensen beat him to start... :/

hopefully they go down a goal by half time , he looks most likely to be subbed in sooner if they are trailing than level..!!

has much of the makings of a boring scoreless draw ..?

Comment

FFS... Even Thomas (the tom on the other sides ...tuchel) is surprised why Saman didnt start against his team....!! 😂
                heard him mention something of that nature in the pre-game interview..!!?

Comment

Was supporting brentford even if Ghoddos didn't play, but now I am starting to turn on the other side

Comment

Onyeka looks to be Knocked da faqOut...? that would certainly be good for sammy's minutes chances

Comment

LOL @ Mads Bistrup wearing Ghoddos shirt

Comment

From what I have seen of Bidstrup - I don’t rate him at all.

Comment

Originally posted by Medzdidz View Post
                          Danish partybazi

Comment

Originally posted by PSGman#19 View Post
                            Was supporting brentford even if Ghoddos didn't play, but now I am starting to turn on the other side
                            Not yet but getting there slowly...!! ha ha

if he doesnt get some minutes off the bench today, i'd be highly disappointed with Frank..!!

but then again looking at their style of play, its all about Defensive and Pressing HUSTLE .... From Everyone..... and that ALL OVER THE PITCH crowding up the opponent everywhere ...!! then send a long ball over the top for Toney and Mbueno to run up to.... except that they both are back there defending too most of the time..!! 😂
                            if you dont have the engine and defensive hustle and energy to do that the whole time you on the pitch, some other Scrub hustler will take your place on this team ... regardless how clueless they may be otherwise..!!

so long they keep getting positive results in EPL, Frank will be unlikely to change course ..!

in pre game interview Frank mentioned that they often Practice BACKWARDS RUNNING in training .... meaning that even when you push forward up a bit, you better be ready to get back and defend and always be in and around where the ball is..!!

like i said before, to get more minutes HE MUST BUILD HIS OUTMOST STAMINA and personal fitness ...!

Comment

Originally posted by Medzdidz View Post
                              Perhaps, but both Jensen and Bidstrup are coaches “hamvatan”.

Comment

Originally posted by Leicester City View Post
                                LOL @ Mads Bistrup wearing Ghoddos shirt
                                fk is that all about

btw Brentford nearly score off set piece ...hit the post ... chelsea hit them back on a swift counter Score but offside...!!

Comment

Working...
                                X