Saman Ghoddos @ Brentford FC | 2021-22 - Page 2

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 79 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Thread: Saman Ghoddos @ Brentford FC | 2021-22

PFDC Asset
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Thanked 26,136 Times in 7,869 Posts
    Brentford have been quiet on transfer front but think they will make some big announcements soon. They need it to make this team competitive in PL.

First one is Frank Onyeka, CDM/CM of danish champs Midtjylland for around EU 10 mio. He will add another strong presence to their engine room to go with Janelt, Da Silva, Norsgaard, should be a good selection of PL quality defensive/central midfielders. Leaves Jensen and Ghoddos in slightly more advanced midfield / creative roles. Remains to be seen if they sign another there.

Second is probably most crucial in my opinion. Kristoffer Ajer, very highly rated CB of Celtic. Apparently he has rejected Leverkusen in favor of brentford. Will cost EU 13.5 mio and is extremely needed. Their CB selection looked super weak in championship last year.

They are probably in the market for a right back and 1 more wing option (Harry wilson youngster of liverpool mentioned) to complete their summer business. If they make these 4 signings I think they have a very solid squad overall. One very good CB, Super deep and strong in midfield, one excellent CF and then a collection of others who can all catch form at different times (Canos, Mbuemo, Ghoddos in this category)

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to inarsenewetrust For This Useful Post:

V.I.P.
    ReputationReputation
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,176 Times in 7,115 Posts
    ^yup they certainly are in dire need of EPL level quality CB...! possibly two, then they looked weak on the RB front next .... everywhere else on the pitch it will be cover/depth option as they had enough quality to survive their first relegation fight ?? CDM would be the next most cover required..!! they could save themselves a pretty penny and snatch Saeed on the cheap from veggie bob..??
    i think they should also sign another Oldie Veteran EPL CB on the cheap for further cover in their backline... they simply can't afford to be giving up too many tokhmy early goals in EPL cause cause replies on the other side of the pitch will be of far higher difficulty levels than they are used to in Championship and could succumb to a lot of narrow defeats on their way to relegation..!!

what happened to that one oldie CB dude who used to always partner up Dunk before Pothead's arrival to the club moved him to permanent bench and had to leave the club..?? forgot his name..? he was pretty damn Solid veteran EPL level CB which can probably be had for pennies on the dollar by now..?? as depth for Brentford

High-Ranked Member
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by BacheLot View Post
    ^yup they certainly are in dire need of EPL level quality CB...! possibly two, then they looked weak on the RB front next .... everywhere else on the pitch it will be cover/depth option as they had enough quality to survive their first relegation fight ?? CDM would be the next most cover required..!! they could save themselves a pretty penny and snatch Saeed on the cheap from veggie bob..??
    i think they should also sign another Oldie Veteran EPL CB on the cheap for further cover in their backline... they simply can't afford to be giving up too many tokhmy early goals in EPL cause cause replies on the other side of the pitch will be of far higher difficulty levels than they are used to in Championship and could succumb to a lot of narrow defeats on their way to relegation..!!

what happened to that one oldie CB dude who used to always partner up Dunk before Pothead's arrival to the club moved him to permanent bench and had to leave the club..?? forgot his name..? he was pretty damn Solid veteran EPL level CB which can probably be had for pennies on the dollar by now..?? as depth for Brentford
    You are talking about Shane Duffy. He was lent out to Celtics last year but he played poorly and was returned to Brighton after six months... He is still at Brighton and I am sure he could be had on the cheaps. But in this case, you get what you pay for... He used to be strong but he seem to have gotten out of shape in a big way. He is also not very good with his feet and is tall hand can score on corners.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Farzadfarhangni For This Useful Post:

PFDC Top Member
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation

Thanks
    Thanked 4,234 Times in 1,976 Posts
    Shane Duffy is a big no no and had a terrible season at Celtic , their fans are glad to see the back of home.

I didn’t realise that Dalsgaard had left - thought he was a very solid option at right back and could cover in the centre. He is now at Midjtyland, who lost their first game of the season tonight and should replace Onyeka with Ezatolahi.

I am really interested to see how Brentford start their season. They actually have an ok start with fixtures, Arsenal at home first game with a packed stadium will be special for them.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Medzdidz For This Useful Post:

PFDC Hall of Famer
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,598 Times in 1,946 Posts
    This season's kits:
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

S - E - C - U - L - A - R - I - S - M

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Team Melli Fan For This Useful Post:

V.I.P.
    ReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,176 Times in 7,115 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Farzadfarhangni View Post
    You are talking about Shane Duffy. He was lent out to Celtics last year but he played poorly and was returned to Brighton after six months... He is still at Brighton and I am sure he could be had on the cheaps. But in this case, you get what you pay for... He used to be strong but he seem to have gotten out of shape in a big way. He is also not very good with his feet and is tall hand can score on corners.
    Huh
    Overall he looked a tall physical& pretty solid, no nonsense CB in EPL during the CH era @ BHA ..!?
    He sorta sucked @ building it from back, so unlikely to ever get enough minutes from Pothead, especially now that he has more CB options & form n fitness are temporary thing & can be addressed quickly if so seriously desired..!

If can be had still for 2-3mil!? & agrees to low salary which is likely in his current predicament, I think it’s still good buy for Brentford..! A bit of experienced leadership ahead of their first season in Epl ..!?
    I’m sure there’ll be plenty of interest for him from championship sides @ such figure$..!?

PFDC Valedictorian
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,887 Times in 1,206 Posts
    I am sort of 50-50 on wanting Brentford to make big transfers..

On one hand, it's good for the club and their chances at survival, but also it could knock our boy Saman down the pecking order to get quality minutes.

PFDC Top Member

Thanks
    Thanked 4,234 Times in 1,976 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BacheLot View Post
    Huh
    Overall he looked a tall physical& pretty solid, no nonsense CB in EPL during the CH era @ BHA ..!?
    He sorta sucked @ building it from back, so unlikely to ever get enough minutes from Pothead, especially now that he has more CB options & form n fitness are temporary thing & can be addressed quickly if so seriously desired..!
    If can be had still for 2-3mil!? & agrees to low salary which is likely in his current predicament, I think it’s still good buy for Brentford..! A bit of experienced leadership ahead of their first season in Epl ..!?
    I’m sure there’ll be plenty of interest for him from championship sides @ such figure$..!?
    Shane Duffy is not the one.

PFDC Hall of Famer
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,932 Times in 1,948 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by naderb94 View Post
    I am sort of 50-50 on wanting Brentford to make big transfers..

On one hand, it's good for the club and their chances at survival, but also it could knock our boy Saman down the pecking order to get quality minutes.
    I hear you but I don't think without transfers they will stay in the EPL, they need a few extra players. If anything the competition will push Saman more to continue to improve.
    ------------------------Beiranvand---------------------
    --Moharami----Hosseini--Pouraliganji----Mohammadi--
    ---------------Ezatolahi------Ebrahimi---------------
    --Ghoddos-----------Gholizadeh------------Taremi---
    ------------------------Azmoun----------------------

Thanks
    Thanked 3,158 Times in 1,713 Posts
    You can watch Saturdays friendly live for free via YouTube.

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk
    Remember RESPECT BEGETS RESPECT & Zob Ahan

15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to O-ZoNe For This Useful Post:

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 79 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Members who have read this thread : 367

You do not have permission to view the list of names.