No announcement yet.

Saman Ghoddos @ Brentford FC | 2021-22

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I had the chance to watch live, sadly no Saman and i guess it will be a very hard season for him ...

Comment

arsenal were weak n sloppy in the back and clueless n toothless uptop
      but on the whole werent by any means played off the park today...!!
      that second goal shoulda been a foul on GK going the other way .... brentford lucky VAR didnt check that
      even on the first goal the ball went to ck before the botched clearance was sent back into their goal swiftly..

pace of the game frankly looked too fast for saman to woulda figured much in this match even if he got a limited feature..? beside 2 sensible defensive early subs put him outa of his EPL debut picture tonight..!! hopefully gets himself up to speed and features more in the games ahead...!! can't take a ARJ 2.0

Comment

Originally posted by The View Post
        He has more competition this season. Too early to make a call, but I'm not holding my breath that Saman gets any more EPL minutes than JB did last season.
        Cup matches, a different story.
        How much more? Onyeka for sure, the others will be a collection of kids that rotate in and out for 18 (midstrup, maybe chelsea kid). Da silva out for year and jensen for some more weeks at least, and saman can function as SS or cam in the 352/343.

Don’t think he will be starter and in games such as these (need hard running mids, physical presences) I don’t think he features much at all. But when they are down and need creativity, need to keep the ball more effectively in games vs lower midtable teams, etc I think he will get mins. Now it jensen returns and is in great form that could put a dent in those mins

Saman played 2000+ mins this year, I can see that being halved, but surely not any less

Comment

Originally posted by inarsenewetrust View Post
          How much more? Onyeka for sure, the others will be a collection of kids that rotate in and out for 18 (midstrup, maybe chelsea kid). Da silva out for year and jensen for some more weeks at least, and saman can function as SS or cam in the 352/343.

Don’t think he will be starter and in games such as these (need hard running mids, physical presences) I don’t think he starts. But when they are down and need creativity, need to keep the ball more effectively in games vs lower midtable teams, etc I think he will get mins. Now it jensen returns and is in great form that could put a dent in those mins

Saman played 2000+ mins this year, I can see that being halved, but surely not any less
          right
          besides Frank seems a far more fair n sensible coach than that goozoo pothead .... so if the game situation deems right for Saman, he will certainly gives him far more match minutes ....especially as he whips himself further into shape..!!

Comment

Saman will most likely get loaned back to France. Saman needs to be playing regularly. He is not one of those who cant keep his fitness level high if not playing.
            "History is a set of lies that people have agreed upon,"

Comment

Originally posted by Ali Doust View Post
              Saman will most likely get loaned back to France. Saman needs to be playing regularly. He is not one of those who cant keep his fitness level high if not playing.
              Doubt it, at least not in the summer window. Brentford will competing in 2-3 cup competitions + premier league. Lots of games for saman to be a part of….we all knew coming into this season saman would have to impress to get a chance to feature in brentford’s early season prem matches. It’s week 1…..let’s see how he does in the coming 4-5 weeks then we can have a more realistic idea of what his future will look like.

Also I agree regarding him needing to keep fitness up…..let’s not forget Brentford is not BHA. They have a plan for everyone and if they didn’t plan to give saman a shot in the season they’d be shopping to loan him out which they haven’t. That’s another way we know his chance is coming…..he just needs to take it and stand out the way we know he can.
              Team Meli Iran
              Perspolis FC
              Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

Haha! Brentford at the top of the EPL table! Reminds me when we beat Morocco in WC18 and were Group toppers for a bit.

Comment

Sports is a “what have done for me recently?” type of business, especially the EPL. But I think Saman is one of those few individuals where he should be given the key to the midfield—letting him find his creative force, even if it means turnovers, messing up plays initially, attempting shots, to find his footing.

He really has the skills to be a special player, and we haven’t seen the best of him yet.

I hope it works it out for him in Brentford though.

Comment

Not worried in the slighest about Saman. He will get his chance

Comment

The Guardian had an extensive review of Brentford. They mentioned half the team in it. Not a peep about Saman. He is nnot a key member of the squad..not last year and not yet now. Hopefully he will be fit and healthy and ready for the inevitable opportunity.

Comment

I'm calling it right now--PFDC in roughly 3 weeks from now:

- "Fire Frank!!!"
                        - "Saman is too good for that sh*tty team anyway!!!"
                        - "I hope Brentford get relegated!!!"
                        - "Frank and EPL are racist!!!"
                        - "He should have stayed in Ligue 1!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by freak View Post
                          I'm calling it right now--PFDC in roughly 3 weeks from now:

- "Fire Frank!!!"
                          - "Saman is too good for that sh*tty team anyway!!!"
                          - "I hope Brentford get relegated!!!"
                          - "Frank and EPL are racist!!!"
                          - "He should have stayed in Ligue 1!!!"
                          I doubt it. This is a completely different situation from Jahanbakhsh. Jahanbakhsh came to England with high expectations after being the top goal scorer and third (i believe) best assistor in the league. He had a bunch of good offers which even included Leceister City that he decided against.

Where as for Ghoddos, last season after joining Brentford Frank starter him consistently but Ghoddos didn't perform well and eventually became a bench player. Frank was more than fair to him last season, Ghoddos would play bad game after game, but Frank would continue to start him and did so until they were nearly half through the season with him being subpar the entire time before being demoted to the bench.

So Ghoddos is coming into the league as a bench warmer where as Jahanbakhsh came in as the shiny horse Brighton had broken their transfer record fee for..

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

All the 'this is Brentford not some club like Brighton' comments are going to age particularly well when it becomes apparent it isn't the club nor coach that prevents ARJ and Saman from succeeding in EPL.

Comment

Originally posted by Taz View Post
                              All the 'this is Brentford not some club like Brighton' comments are going to age particularly well when it becomes apparent it isn't the club nor coach that prevents ARJ and Saman from succeeding in EPL.
                              Illuminati? 😅

Football is now a squad game, Frank has come out and praised Saman enough since he has been there and he has been given opportunities. As others have said I am not worried and he will get game time - yes I don’t think he is guaranteed starter (as a lot of players aren’t at Brentford) and there will be injuries.

I mentioned earlier that they have a cup game on the 25th - he should start that games and hopefully gets sub minutes before that. Everyone played well last night so they have earned the chance to start the next game.

Comment

Wow. What a game and what a great end to a historic night for the club and its fans. Yes it wasn't a full strength Arsenal but those players didn't know what was hitting them. The pressing, the one touch football and the attacking mentality.

I saw Saman warming up from half way through the game and expected him to come on for Mbuemo but as soon as that second goal went in and due to Ajer's fitness issue, Frank made the right subs to see out the game.

It was a great atmosphere and incredible to think back when I was watching them at away games like Exeter 13 years ago in the 4th division of English football with a few hundred Brentford fans or the ease of getting a ticket to the home games on the match day to where they are now, a Premier League club in a full, state of the art stadium with a squad that will fear nobody this season and surprise most Premier League fans. Getting tickets this season will be a struggle but I'm glad I made it there last night.

This was my view...
                                IMG_20210814_000152 (3).jpg

Comment

Working...
                                X