No announcement yet.

Saman Ghoddos @ Brentford FC | 2021-22

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think the main argument for playing prem football is you're playing against international quality opposition every week in an international quality match. Ghoddos and ARJ won't crap themselves in a world cup match because it's the norm for them whereas Nouro and his band of merry men will probably be too busy wondering if they can get a selfie with the big-names after the match. Not to mention the quality of coaching is also world class in the prem.

Comment

^ For that you dont NEED to go to EPL.
      there are at least 5-6 leagues that do provide decent exposure to top football and top quality players .. while still not being this cut throat (read below) as EPL.

Originally posted by AGC View Post
      Iranians should stay out of Prem. The prem is not suitable to the style of iranian players. Apart from level-wise which is a completely separate discussion.
      I have a hard time seeing the benifit of playing in the prem, especially for our players. Look: you meet CL-level competition once or twice every 6 months and then you play against hack-and-slash bad badan gholdor brit players for the rest of the season. Then what? These shit-stacked with purchasing power out of this world will dump you as fast as you have a slump. It must be the most unforgiving league in the world. IMHO it just isn't worth it.
      Our players should focus on development, getting to the top teams of other leagues as starters and continually play UCL-football. When these less money wise stacked leagues buy a player they invest in the players. Prem teams dont. They want a complete product ready to utilize.
      Big disclaimer: I'm not saying the prem is bad, or that its a bad destination. On the contrary: All I'm saying is it depends and maybe it's not just for us. I'm actually super happy Azmoun isn't wasting his time in the prem.

very well put.
      totally agree with the sentiment

Comment

Originally posted by Taz View Post
        I think the main argument for playing prem football is you're playing against international quality opposition every week in an international quality match. Ghoddos and ARJ won't crap themselves in a world cup match because it's the norm for them whereas Nouro and his band of merry men will probably be too busy wondering if they can get a selfie with the big-names after the match. Not to mention the quality of coaching is also world class in the prem.
        I hear you. I partly agree and partly believe this argument leads to delusional conclusions. The choice IMHO isn't between world class competition and not world class competition for our top players. They can chose to make the steps Taremi did and end up with Portugese top team, showcasing himself in UCL and meet world class competition and play in prem against Zamboor mamboor, Gorgha, Morgh daryayeha etc. It's not like Porto wouldn't win against/murder these mid table teams, because they would. Why would someone like Taremi risk going to Zamboorha and lose his spot as soon as he has a goal drought?

Comment

saman is more swedish than he is iranian imo, he was taught football the swedish way, not the iranian gol kochiq way. if any iranian was to succeed in the prem it would be saman

Comment

Does anyone know where to find this? It says it was talkSPORT, but unfortunately I couldn't find it.

Comment

I know he is lovely kid, and in love by people here, so do i, but Frank is the 3rd coach who is not trusting him regularly(CQ, Skocic before), i mean you can question one but not all, and the reason is simple. He is not your typical CM, he is not that fast off the winger, and not many teams these days play with typical CAM, and specially not in a league such as EPL, where you have to run your a$$ off.

He surely will get his chances but mainly as replacement and cup games. Still a big plus for TM to have someone like him at the highest level of football. Even as replacement in TM he can change the game.

One thing about his game which can help him, is that he need to put more emphasizes on some stuffs which he is great, like his free kicks, long shots outside the box, i used to see more of that when he was in Sweden and France and less in England, or even TM. Most likely coaching staffs strategy but he can always talk with them and convince them.

Comment

If they thought Ghoddos was a nothing player who didn't score or assist, they're in for a surprise at maintaining faith with Baptiste. Geezer would be a barman if he wasn't black, such a useless player.
                Agree with you that Baptiste is not a good player, Just look at his pedigree. He may be a hoser but by definition at 23 can't be a geezer. BTW a bar man needs to be nimble and intelligent, Baptiste doesn't quite fit the mold. May be he can start as piss boy.
                All that aside, I still do not understand Franks fascination with their #6 and #30. The latter got truly intercoursed by Traore multiple times.

Comment

Originally posted by Karimi 8 View Post
                  Not looking too good for Saman this season
                  EPL is the graveyard of Iranian talent.

Comment

Dejagah prospered and it was the making of Ando so I don't think any blanket statements like that apply. It's the highest level league competition in the world so you're going to have to do seriously well and have some good fortune too if you want to be one of the 220 players that start each week and to do so consistently.

Comment

Dejagah prospered and it was the making of Ando so I don't think any blanket statements like that apply. It's the highest level league competition in the world so you're going to have to do seriously well and have some good fortune too if you want to be one of the 220 players that start each week and to do so consistently.
                      Someone correct me if I'm wrong but I think Dejagah only got starts because Magath came in towards the end to save them from relagation which ultimately just about failed, but before that it was a Jahanbakhsh-esque situation but not as bad?

And Ando did improve a lot during his time in the EPL (perhaps we would have seen the same improvement elsewhere) but he got very few starts as well?

Comment

Originally posted by AliDaeiNumber1Fan View Post
                        Someone correct me if I'm wrong but I think Dejagah only got starts because Magath came in towards the end to save them from relagation which ultimately just about failed, but before that it was a Jahanbakhsh-esque situation but not as bad?

And Ando did improve a lot during his time in the EPL (perhaps we would have seen the same improvement elsewhere) but he got very few starts as well?
                        not really. Dejagah came under martin jol and got solid mins, only times he was really out of team was when injured/recovering from injury. He played very well and honestly suited PL the most out of any of our players.

Then with Magath he also got good minutes.

Brentford has been fantastic for ghoddos so far. They trusted him when he hadnt played football for 1 yr and was fat and out of form. They made him a key player for TM again even if off the bench sometimes, plus got him in great shape and adapted to new position as CM.

So far he had 1 sub appearance in PL which was solid and 1 starter appearance which he was very good.

Next there is cup game he probably starts. Now 1 competitor baptiste is suspended plus back 2 back crap performances as a starter so he will move down pecking order.

Comment

Originally posted by Leicester City View Post

Does anyone know where to find this? It says it was talkSPORT, but unfortunately I couldn't find it.
                          TalkSport is a radio channel so would have been something on the show at that time.

Comment

Originally posted by Medzdidz View Post
                            TalkSport is a radio channel so would have been something on the show at that time.
                            More fodder from Potter's PR firm. There has never been a coach that has accomplished so little and yet generated so much noise in the media. If Mayeli-Kohan had the same PR firm, he would be coaching Liverpool by now.
                            Sign this petition to show opposition to US/UK support for the Rajavi/MKO cult

https://chng.it/ZsSzczNC2Z

Comment

You cannot fault Frank for his selection if he keeps winning, because that is the goal. If he accomplishes it, he can be excused.

If the situation was like ARJ at Brighton, where Potter kept losing and yet refused to play an ARJ who performed better than most of the players when given the chance, then yes, it would be annoying.

It is still early, but a small budget, newly promoted team, that was playing 3rd and 4th division not too long ago, now sitting mid-table at EPL is not too bad.

Nevertheless, I hope Saman gets more playing time going forward.
                              Sign this petition to show opposition to US/UK support for the Rajavi/MKO cult

https://chng.it/ZsSzczNC2Z

Comment

Originally posted by nisfejahan View Post
                                You cannot fault Frank for his selection if he keeps winning, because that is the goal. If he accomplishes it, he can be excused.

If the situation was like ARJ at Brighton, where Potter kept losing and yet refused to play an ARJ who performed better than most of the players when given the chance, then yes, it would be annoying.

It is still early, but a small budget, newly promoted team, that was playing 3rd and 4th division not too long ago, now sitting mid-table at EPL is not too bad.

Nevertheless, I hope Saman gets more playing time going forward.
                                Saman was playing in 3rd and 4th division teams? Who are you talking about?

Comment

Working...
                                X