Saman Ghoddos @ Brentford FC | 2021-22

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DR Strangemoosh View Post
    i mean, a loan to the current Allsvenskan champions wouldn't be the worst move for building up some confidence, no?
    Potential Champions League too. Playing in a league where he is comfortable and less likely to get injured before the World Cup. We all saw what a confident fit Ghoddos can do in the Europa League against top opposition.

Comment

I’m not for a malmo loan at all that’s way too big of a step down from where he is currently at….surely there has to be better suitors for even a short term loan.
      Team Meli Iran
      Perspolis FC
      Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

‎After six rounds, Malmö FF has suffered several injuries, and that of important players. Before the match against Hammarby, Veljko Birmancevic, Anders Christiansen, Isaac Kiese Thelin and Adi Nalic were missing. So did Niklas Moisander, who was injured just before the Allsvenskan started, and Jonas Knudsen, who has been away since last year.‎

‎Not only that.‎

‎After just under a quarter of an hour against Bajen, Jo Inge Berget was forced to change.‎

‎- It stabs at the back. Sad, of course. There was no point in trying to continue, but I still don't think it's very serious. It remains only to hope that it is nothing. We'll see how quickly it goes, but there's probably no question that I'll be gone anymore," Berget said.‎

‎ADVERTISEMENT‎
        ‎You have a lot of muscle injuries now - is that something the medical team should be evaluating? ‎
        ‎ ‎‎- Hard to say. Of course you don't want injuries, but it's coming and now we have some. Then you get to see what it is due to, if it is coincidence or what it is. It's clear that we would like to have everyone healthy at all times.‎

‎Could the injuries be due to the fact that you have changed coaches and then train differently compared to before?‎
        ‎ ‎‎ "It's clear that we train differently and play differently as well, it's clear that it has an effect on the body. But then we're well trained so I think it's a bit of bad luck as well.‎

‎So you think all the injuries could be because you have a new coach and train differently?‎
        ‎ ‎‎ - Of course it could be due to a lot, and that could be one of the reasons.‎

‎In the 0-0 match against Hammarby, Martin Olsson was back. The left-back has also been injured, and he agrees with Berget that the injuries may be due to training differently this year compared to when Jon Dahl Tomasson was coach.‎

‎ADVERTISEMENT‎
        ‎- Of course, that could be one of the things. I've heard that the pre-season was a lot tougher this year compared to when Jon Dahl was here, but then I wasn't here."‎

‎"But I still think the training sessions this year have been good. The strain has not been heavy. I guess it's just a little bit of bad luck too. And it's probably individual, too.‎

‎At the press conference after the game against Hammarby, MFF coach Milos Milojevic said that Lasse Nielsen is one of the few players who has been involved all the time this year.‎

‎"Lasse Nielsen is a good player and everyone knows how good he is. He is stable and stable as a person. He is the only player who has passed all the matches and all the trainings. It also shows on his game. He's confident in his game and he feels good.‎

‎S|67|0|‎

‎- He (Milos) is right. I haven't missed a workout since we started in January. It feels good to me. I guess that's the way it is, but of course we want to play with our best players. But we're driving on, there's not much to do," he said.‎

‎ADVERTISEMENT‎
        ‎"Going into the game, it's not like we're thinking that (Veljko) Birmancevic, Isaac (Kiese Thelin) and AC (Anders Christiansen) are missing. We're still playing to win.‎

‎after this, they goteven more injuries. just google the teams name with injuries, take google translate to english..

https://www.fotbollskanalen.se/allsv...ket-tuffare-i/
        Supporting Team Melli

Comment

Originally posted by inarsenewetrust View Post
          if he gets even regular rotation mins in leadup to WC that is enough for him. Starting for TM and moving as a free agent after WC could potentially give him a ton of better options than what he could get now
          well for time being Bold seem improbable.... !!? or a bit of a stretch..!?
          so a loan out to Malmo seems a far more savvy safe move..? more than anything, he needs regular 1st team action to gain game sharpness and his confidence back ... then he is far more likely to become a undisputed WC starter for us and hopefully make a splash in Nov. to make way for his next decent transfer..!!

Comment

In less than a week and a half, Malmö FF will play the cup final against Hammarby. But the question is which players are available, when almost an entire starting eleven is on the absence list.

"Something we've done wrong, now we have to think about what so we can do better," coach Milos Milojevic said.
            https://www.dn.se/sport/klockan-klam...re-cupfinalen/
            Supporting Team Melli

Comment

‎ Malmö FF's injury crisis reached new levels when the team was overtaken by Djurgården.‎

‎Sporting director Andreas Georgson now says that a major analysis will be done after the spring season to evaluate the training setup.‎

‎"I'm frustrated that the timing has been so unfortunate," he said.‎

https://www.expressen.se/sport/fotbo...en-i-malmo-ff/

id say its not a good option for Ghoddos, to come to this club.. and risk a injury due to club practise wrongly after coaching change.
              would be better to go any where else a world cup year.

surprised thought that they havnt went for ezzatollahi, who made team of the year in a better league, the danish one, and would be a bargain buy for them since he is on free transfer as vejle got relegated..
              Supporting Team Melli

Comment

Probably easiest and best way to stay in shape during off season is practicing/playing with a professional team in the middle of their season. Great to see Saman doing that.

Still think Malmo will be a backup option for him if he cant secure more playing time at brentford/move to top 5 league team.

Comment

The athletic analyzed contract situation of Brentford players this summer and had this to say about saman:

Saman Ghoddos (contract expires 2023)

Despite often not playing in his preferred position, Ghoddos has been a very useful option off the bench. The Iran international had a match-winning cameo against Watford in December when he came on at left wing-back and won a stoppage-time penalty Mbeumo converted. He could be sold if a decent offer comes in.

https://theathletic.com/3370765/2022...eriksen-toney/

Comment

Saman getting ready for some premier league action

"1 more week of holidays before the hard work begins 🏖💪"

Comment

Saman gave an interview to swedish press. He ended his vacation a couple weeks early and is currently continuing training with Brentford teammate Pontus Jansson at Malmo (currently middle of their season) to stay in shape before preseason starts with brentford, a great choice on his part :

<<The former MFF defender Pontus Jansson appeared on the Stadium area's training plans last week, and a few days later was joined by his Brentford friend Saman Ghoddos. Like Jansson, he has a holiday for a couple of more weeks, but unlike him, Ghoddos has only belonged to smaller clubs in Malmö.

After today's training, Ghoddos gives away his football shoes to two boys before Fotbollskanalen gets a chat with the 28-year-old.

- I found out that "Ponne" would train and keep going a bit here, so I also asked if it was okay. It was a bit of a gray area, because I have never belonged to Malmö, but of course I have been a supporter since I was little. I have good contact with Daniel (Andersson, sports director) and Andreas (Georgson, sports director) and they did me a favor. So I want to keep going here a bit and try to give a service back to the players, try to help them with my experience and what I got abroad, says Saman Ghoddos.

Can you imagine playing in MFF in the future?

- Yes of course. It's been a dream since I was little. But right now it's not really relevant, because I feel like I'm in the Premier League right now. I even feel like I should play even more than I did. So I feel like I'm still a little bit in it, a few more years, then we'll see what happens.

The offensive midfielder played in 17 Premier League games last season but acted as a substitute in almost all of them. The meager playing time meant that MFF 98 and Hammarby in January contacted Brentford about a loan, but got the nob, writes Aftonbladet

- I do not even think it was relevant, there was nothing on the table. Now that I think about it, I still would not have done it. Because I want to be in the Premier League, I think I deserve to play there. So no, that was not the case in January, says Ghoddos.

He has previously played for LB07, Trelleborgs FF, Syrianska, Östersund and French Amiens.>>

https://www.fotbollskanalen.se/allsv...ag-var-liten-/

Seems like Saman wont be returning to sweden any time soon, good because he has shown he can cut it at a much higher level. Still think depending on how transfers shake out he can get more mins at brentford next season, he certainly left an overall positive impression by the end. Fitness was really his main concern and the emergence of eriksen. His fitness issues are clearly solved so that at least removes one big obstacle.

Comment

LMFAO saman slaping Wiss was the best one .

Comment

Just bumping up this thread

Comment

5 Friendly games before brentford starts their new season. 4 friendly are very very juicy, so hopefully saman can get some decent playing time in those games.

Stuttgart and Real betis looking very juicy for saman..... if he plays.

Comment

Originally posted by milad_b View Post
                              5 Friendly games before brentford starts their new season. 4 friendly are very very juicy, so hopefully saman can get some decent playing time in those games.
                              Stuttgart and Real betis looking very juicy for saman..... if he plays.
                              Maybe I’m being overly optimistic here but I feel like he has to get a lot of playing time in pre season. Coaches usually want to give their guys who are borderline starters or borderline match day squad reserves the most chances to prove themselves and he fits into both categories depending on the week really. We’ll find out soon!
                              Team Meli Iran
                              Perspolis FC
                              Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

Will be competition for Saman if Thomas Frank still insists on using him as a LWB for the upcoming season.

Comment

Working...
                                X