No announcement yet.

Saman Ghoddos @ Brentford FC | 2021-22

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"This is a totalitarian system whose presence people feel in their blood and in their flesh on a daily basis. And it’s one that does not grant freedoms of any kind, or accommodate people’s demands in any way. What is increasingly clear is that there is clear demand for change in the regime. What the people want is regime change, and no return to the past. There is a very real possibility of regime change." - Nasrin Sotoudeh

Comment

Originally posted by Iran_19 View Post
      More than respectable season for them. Finishing mid table most likely while both Norwich and Watford are getting relegated.

Sent from my MAR-LX3A using Tapatalk
      They actually currently have the same number of points as Watford and Norwich combined.

It's astounding to me that people have questioned this manager, team, transfer policy just because Saman isn't a first team regular or have this delusion that the team would have done better this season if he'd had played more.

There's a very real possibility of them finishing the season in the top half of the table but as I said a few month's ago, 17th will be a success this season and they've all but guaranteed that... 17th will also be a success next season and possibly the season after knowing their wage budget and transfer policy but the fans will want to see progress.

I'll be going to my first away game since before the pandemic this weekend at Everton. I actually hope they lose coz I want to see Leeds relegated by Brentford on the last game of the season.

Comment

Originally posted by taremiscores View Post
        sammy FTW with the best goal and Assist ..!💪
        imagine if he was afforded half the minutes that goozoo dane jenshitt was provided by frank .... and somewhere in the front 3, he woulda had at least a handful plus more sexy goals and assist that that...!... nepotism ham haddi dareh baba..!! fk frank

and yea, if saman aint playing there, i couldnt give a flying fk if they relegate or finish top 5..!!

Comment

Damn Saman still not training with the team, pretty much the season is over for him. Sergi canos is back on training and most probably he will play against everton.

The upcoming season is so vital for saman to get some decent playing time for WC. I hope he would leave for a bundes liga team, this premier league is too risky for him.

Schalke 04 - Hertha Berlin -Wolfsburg- Frankfurt - Werder Bremen would be ideal for saman.

Comment

Good sign - saman posted on his Instagram story saying “back soon” with him on the bicycle in the Brentford training center.

Very positive sign and gives hope he might be with TM in the coming weeks ahead. Even if he isn’t 100% I really hope he’s there to train with the team and stay involved. PAG has been doing the same in the latest TM camps.
            Team Meli Iran
            Perspolis FC
            Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

Good for him but I don't think he'll be named in the match day squad against Leeds but hopefully he'll feature against Canada and have a good preseason.

In other news, Thomas Frank has been nominated for manager of the season by the Premier League. I'm sure some of the resident anti-Danish football geniuses will be apoplectic

https://www.premierleague.com/news/2612175

Comment

Frank is an excellent coach, finishing 11th in their debut season is phenomenal if you think how well Norwich always seems to perform in the championship and how they can never translate that to the premier league.

Brentford had no business finishing this high whilst maintaining the same style of play but somehow they managed it. Very impressive indeed.

Comment

They could still finish top half of the table if results go their way last game of the season. What an achievement that would be with their limited resources (Premier League comparison).

Also I hope Everton go down, idiot fans racially abusing Rico Henry’s and Toney’s families in the stadium.

Comment

Originally posted by Medzdidz View Post
                    Also I hope Everton go down, idiot fans racially abusing Rico Henry’s and Toney’s families in the stadium.
                    Wow really? If that’s the case I’m surprised the FA didn’t slap a fine on them…..I was rooting for them to stay up but after seeing this absolutely not.

Also agree this was an extremely impressive year overall for Brentford they never even really flirted with relegation worries. As many bones as I have to pick with Frank he did a good job of exceeding expectations this year from a result standpoint. I’m interested to see how next season goes though.
                    Team Meli Iran
                    Perspolis FC
                    Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

tbh, i dont really hate Frank .... he aint a two-face cunt like pothead was..!
                      but he clearly doesnt really rate Samman's game, and sammy seems to be only an emergency, last resort utility sub player for him ..! Frank probably would want to keep a hold of him just for squad depth , injury reserve, cup games for the next season too.....!? i'd rather hope saman find himself a decent Loan move elsewhere in EU for next season where he is counted on to be playing more frequently in AMF or front 3 positions ..!

Comment

good to see his fitness will probably not be a concern for canada game. Hope he gets some minutes to close out the league with. Specially with Amiri out ghoddos is simply critical for us.

Comment

Originally posted by Medzdidz View Post
                          Horrendous and I hope they ban the fan or group of fans that did it but it sounds like it was just a very isolated incident. I didn't hear or see anything racist. Just good old fashioned banter both sides. Their fans in general created a great atmosphere in the game. It was deafening at the start. I hope they don't go down. Leeds please

Comment

Originally posted by BacheLot View Post
                            tbh, i dont really hate Frank .... he aint a two-face cunt like pothead was..!
                            but he clearly doesnt really rate Samman's game, and sammy seems to be only an emergency, last resort utility sub player for him ..! Frank probably would want to keep a hold of him just for squad depth , injury reserve, cup games for the next season too.....!? i'd rather hope saman find himself a decent Loan move elsewhere in EU for next season where he is counted on to be playing more frequently in AMF or front 3 positions ..!
                            I see what you're saying. I think we'd all rather Saman go somewhere else in the summer if it means he starts every week.

... but if Frank didn't rate him, he wouldn't
                            have named him in the matchday squad every game he was fit and available or had him feature in some way in more than half of those games. Some of the times he wasn't subbed on were likely due to enforced substitutions or tactical changes.

He and Brian Riemer also wouldn't have spent time training him in other positions and making him the reliable utility player that he is. Part of that also goes down to Saman's attitude to help the team even if he's not starting every week in his preferred position.

Remember he's one of the highest earners at the club and they don't have endless funds to spend on salaries. If they didn't want him, they would force him out and free up the wage budget. They obviously rate him enough if he stays into the new season. He's just not doing enough over other members of the squad to start every game.

Comment

Originally posted by Malkay View Post
                              Horrendous and I hope they ban the fan or group of fans that did it but it sounds like it was just a very isolated incident. I didn't hear or see anything racist. Just good old fashioned banter both sides. Their fans in general created a great atmosphere in the game. It was deafening at the start. I hope they don't go down. Leeds please
                              I’ve said it here before but I was friends with Rico’s mom, she was a good friend to myself and my wife when we worked with her. She is a strong character and has a great relationship with her son. This one personally annoyed me.

Comment

Originally posted by Malkay View Post
                                I see what you're saying. I think we'd all rather Saman go somewhere else in the summer if it means he starts every week.

... but if Frank didn't rate him, he wouldn't
                                have named him in the matchday squad every game he was fit and available or had him feature in some way in more than half of those games. Some of the times he wasn't subbed on were likely due to enforced substitutions or tactical changes.

He and Brian Riemer also wouldn't have spent time training him in other positions and making him the reliable utility player that he is. Part of that also goes down to Saman's attitude to help the team even if he's not starting every week in his preferred position.

Remember he's one of the highest earners at the club and they don't have endless funds to spend on salaries. If they didn't want him, they would force him out and free up the wage budget. They obviously rate him enough if he stays into the new season. He's just not doing enough over other members of the squad to start every game.
                                The only legitimate gripe I have with him is the period of time they failed to win a game for months on end (before Eriksen's arrival). He insisted on a midfield 3 of Norsgard, Janelt, and Jensen with basically zero offensive or creative ideas whatsoever. In the minutes Saman did get during that time period game changing sub app vs watford, his league cup performances, other strong games off the bench he showed more than enough to warrant starting for a few games on the bounce in his preferred role.

After that, Saman getting benched behind eriksen is completely fair given the fact he was carrying the team to safety, almost single handedly at times in a creative sense.

Comment

Working...
                                X