Amir Abedzadeh @ SD Ponferradina | 2021-2022

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Game 2 to 1 for Ponferadina

The goal that was conceded was not his fault at all.

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

Comment

Match ends 2-1. 9 points in 3 matches for the club and they are sitting at 1st place at the moment. Still very early but a great a start to the season

Amir concedes his first goal through 3 matches in the league. He had 6 saves and Sofascore gave him a 7.4 match rating (tied for best in the team)

Comment

amir is 2nd best rated player of league right now. making a name for himself in spain

Comment

Nice outting from him.
          The goal wasn't his fault. It was a one on one with attacker at a good angle. Could have gone either way to be honest. At least he didn't rush the defender and get a card or something like that.
          I think 3 of his saves were easy, but also had a couple of good ones.

Needs repeating, but he is by far our best goalie at the moment and should be starting for team Melli.

Between last season and this one, he is having one of the most consistent stretches of performance by an Iranian goalie possibly ever (saving a shot per game against teams like aftabe sazi Darband doesn't count).

Comment

Where is everyone calling this transfer depressing and the worst move ever?

You guys who criticized this move were clowns from the beginning….now that his team is performing this well and so is he idk what we should label you ppl as

As I said when this transferred happened…..this has proven to be a very solid move for him and a step in the right direction of competing in La Liga as he has reiterated many times is his big goal. The season is still young but he is very quickly showing he is worthy of that and I promise you La Liga teams are watching.
            Team Meli Iran
            Perspolis FC
            Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

Originally posted by Ghermez Agha View Post
              You guys who criticized this move were clowns from the beginning….now that his team is performing this well and so is he idk what we should label you ppl as
              As I said when this transferred happened…..this has proven to be a very solid move for him and a step in the right direction of competing in La Liga as he has reiterated many times is his big goal. The season is still young but he is very quickly showing he is worthy of that and I promise you La Liga teams are watching.
              I was one of the people disappointed in the move. I think the main factor was that our expectations were high for him after his time in Maritimo, and the rumours about Braga and other bigger teams made this move very disappointing in comparison.

I'm still not a 100% convinced that it was the right call, and it's too early in the season to judge, but will happily eat my words if he ends up promoting with this team.

Comment

Short highlights of the match.

Go Amir!

Comment

The season is long and very difficult.
                  From what I've read promotion might be a little out of reach, but I hope at least Abdezadeh Jr. can show himself off and get a better team next year (if they don't promote).

Comment

Originally posted by Gol Bezan View Post
                    So are we still going to say this move was a mistake if he ends up being promoted with Ponferradina? We spoke about it on the recent podcast.
                    https://youtu.be/K3XPVYbFW00
                    IF he can promote with this team, offcourse not a bad move. But lets not pretend that we could expect this. Just look up the historical results of his team. they've not any times achieved anything even close to a top listing in the segunda division.
                    All the more excited to see this run, but lets be realistic, the season is still very very long.
                    Iran deserves better, TM deserves better.
                    O.G from '97 & still here

Comment

Originally posted by pajamNL View Post
                      IF he can promote with this team, offcourse not a bad move. But lets not pretend that we could expect this. Just look up the historical results of his team. they've not any times achieved anything even close to a top listing in the segunda division.
                      All the more excited to see this run, but lets be realistic, the season is still very very long.
                      he's team has been underdogs basically every match on market so i dont see how they possible can promote. above avg finish will be very good for his team and everyone will be happy. seems they have great fanbase in their city

Comment

my friend the season is long! let's not judge after 3 games but everyone is happy for him if he performs of course. of course it is a weird move from being the best keeper in Portugal first division to go to a no name la liga 2 club!

Gesendet von meinem SM-G973F mit Tapatalk

Comment

We mostly saw this move as a gamble our young keeper has bravely taken. His best work is to continue to keep himself fit, perform at highest level and keep getting noticed by La Liga bosses, the rest is ifs and buts….

Good luck Amir and Best Wishes.
                          sigpic
                          Long Live 3 Rang'e Iran

Comment

Season is very very long. 22 teams. Hope he continue to be consistent

Sent from my MAR-LX3A using Tapatalk

Comment

The top two from the league get promoted and then the next four go into a play off for the last promotion place. It is a tough league , a lot of teams in there have recently played in La Liga.

Comment

Completely agree! I was another who really thought this move was not nearly as bad as people thought. Spain's Segunda is a very strong league and there is no doubt in my mind that Ponferradina would beat Maritimo if they played against each other 6-7 times out of 10.

Don't look now but Amir is the 2nd best player in the Segunda right now and has La Liga scouts raving about him!!

Must start for team melli for me now.

Comment

Working...
                                X