Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Friendly: Sporting Gijon 1:0 Ponferradina FT

*Amir started in net.
    *Ponferradina player received a red on the 37th min.
    *Gijon scored on the 56th min.
    *Amir subbed out on the 61st min.

Youtube live stream:
    Last edited by aenima_8; 07-31-2021, 11:21 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by aenima_8 View Post
      Friendly: Sporting Gijon 1:0 Ponferradina FT

*Amir started in net.
      *Ponferradina player received a red on the 37th min.
      *Gijon scored on the 56th min.
      *Amir subbed out on the 61st min.

Youtube live stream:
      \

Amir had 4-5 amazing saves ... best player for team. 1:1 x 2 saves

Comment

Interview with Amir by Spanish site Marca:

"Abedzadeh, an Iranian goalkeeper in our League: "It is the most important year in the history of the club"

The new goal of the Ponferradina, son of the historic Ahmad Reza, reviews in MARCA how his arrival at the Berciano club has been.

The goal of the centenary of Ponferradina will have a Persian guardian. Amir Abedzadeh (Tehran, Iran, 1993) has arrived at the Bercian club in one of the most important moments in its history. But, far from it, this is going to dampen a goalkeeper who has been fighting for more than a decade to achieve a dream, which he has now achieved, to play in Spain.

Son of Ahmad Reza Abedzadeh , historical goalkeeper of the Iranian team, with which he played the 1998 World Cup in France . Amir decided to leave his country very young, to become a tanned goalkeeper in England and the United States . The experience was satisfactory, but he returned to his country to play for the largest Iranian club, Persepolis . Still, his goal was still to play in Spain . So he got as close as possible, with his arrival in Portuguese football. In the neighboring country, he emerged as one of the best goalkeepers in Portuguese football in the ranks of the Marítimo, a level that did not go unnoticed by thePonferradina at the time of undertaking his signing. We chatted at MARCA , thanks to his sports consultant Daniel Pintó , with the new owner of the El Toralín goal .

Question. Being a goalkeeper runs in the family. His father, Ahmad, has been one of the best goalkeepers in Iranian football.

Answer. I always say it, my father is my hero, a legend in our country. He has been my reference to become a goalkeeper, since I was three years old he took me to his training sessions, I sat behind the goal to watch him and I enjoyed it a lot. At that moment my love for soccer and goal was born.

Q. How were your beginnings? He went to England very young, then he returned to his country ...

R. I went to study in England when I was 14 years old. He tried to combine studies and soccer. I was close to signing for Tottenham, but a problem with the visa stopped everything. Then I went to the United States, until an offer from Persepolis, Iran's biggest club, made me go home.

P . On that return home, he did not play for more than six months. Can you explain the reasons?

A. I had several offers, but felt that I was not progressing or enjoying it. So I decided that it was time to change, to go to Europe, even if I had to start from the bottom to fulfill my dreams.

P. And he did, he reached the Portuguese Third Division.

A. Yes, I decided to take a risk, but I believed in myself and knew that I could reach very high in European football.

Q. You were not wrong, in four months I was already in the Marítimo, playing in the Portuguese First Division.

R. I knew that with effort and the right mindset, I would achieve my goal. Portugal has been a country that has changed my life. Playing in a First Division, becoming an international and playing in a World Cup are unforgettable things. I am very proud of how this stage was, but it was time to look for new challenges.

P. In the Marítimo, I had Julio Velázquez as a coach with great experience in the Spanish Second. Have you given any advice?

R. No, I admire Julio a lot for his work at Marítimo but we don't talk about my signing. With whom I did it was with another technician with experience in the Second Division, José Gomes. He has spoken to me very well about the level of the League and the football that is practiced in Spain.

Q. What are your expectations after your arrival at Ponfe?

R. I am fulfilling the dream for which I have fought my entire career: to play in Spain. I come to a humble club, but one that is on the right path, that does not stop growing, so I have very high expectations to start this season.

P. A season that will be the Centennial of the club.

R. Yes, we are aware and the new ones have made us see that this is a very important year for the entity. Everyone has an extra motivation for this event and we hope to meet the objectives.

Q. You had First Division offers in other countries and even interest from a Spanish First Division team. Why did you choose to sign for Ponferradina?

R. It is what my heart told me. I wanted to come to Spain and fulfill my dream. That's why I didn't care if it was in the Second Division or the First Division. La Ponfe trusts me and has made me see it. That is the most important thing for a player. It is an honor to be part of this club and I hope to restore confidence with good performances with the Ponfe jersey.

Q. What would you say are your main qualities as a goalkeeper?

A. The main thing I can say is that when I am committed to a club, I put all my heart for it. I am not much about my qualities, I can only say that I will work with everything I have from the first day to the last for this club.

Q. How have your first days been at the Bercian club?

R . Very positive, I have found a club that is like a big family. We may be a humble club but we have the ambition to grow. That is something that I really liked, being able to find a club that shares my ambition."

https://www.marca.com/futbol/ponferr...33f8b4578.html

Comment

"You had First Division offers in other countries and even interest from a Spanish First Division team."
          huh... really ? what was the LaLiga side wanting him ?
          im assuming he was offered a back-up goalie or 3rd goalie option ..?? so he opted to go to a team in Segunda that guarantee him game minutes..!!?

Comment

Originally posted by BacheLot View Post
            huh... really ? what was the LaLiga side wanting him ?
            im assuming he was offered a back-up goalie or 3rd goalie option ..?? so he opted to go to a team in Segunda that guarantee him game minutes..!!?

That is what I got out of it too , that maybe with the other offers he wasn’t going to be first choice keeper. I have much respect for him, he has worked hard to get to where he is.

Comment

He’s obviously a great lad from his interview. I very much hope that his heavy gamble of showcasing himself in Segunda with an ulterior motive of playing in La Liga pays off.

I also hope he will keep himself injury-free. As per the video and based on this game, he’s playing for an average team. At Maritimo he had a much stronger responsibility of distributing the ball and start the play from the back whilst here he’s obviously been told to boot it up a lot more.

Let’s get the peanuts and 🍺 out. Isn’t it lovely to be able to watch the game from the comfort of your home window around a stadium! 😝
              sigpic
              Long Live 3 Rang'e Iran

Comment

Originally posted by The Realist View Post
                He’s obviously a great lad from his interview. I very much hope that his heavy gamble of showcasing himself in Segunda with an ulterior motive of playing in La Liga pays off.

I also hope he will keep himself injury-free. As per the video and based on this game, he’s playing for an average team. At Maritimo he had a much stronger responsibility of distributing the ball and start the play from the back whilst here he’s obviously been told to boot it up a lot more.

Let’s get the peanuts and 🍺 out. Isn’t it lovely to be able to watch the game from the comfort of your home window around a stadium! 😝
                this is probably the most british post ive seen on this site

Comment

Originally posted by kian_khosh View Post
                  this is probably the most british post ive seen on this site
                  Well-done Batman. I did try my best to sound Americano but it turned more into an English Grey!
                  sigpic
                  Long Live 3 Rang'e Iran

Comment

Starts his first league game - kick off is 21.00 GMT.

https://mobile.twitter.com/SDP_1922/...19073174155270

Comment

3 insane saves so far

Comment

Originally posted by tiesto View Post
                        3 insane saves so far
                        Are, ta inja dar in baazi behtarin baazikone teamesh boodeh.
                        DROOD BAR AHMAD KASRAVI.

Comment

The good news is that we are going to be able to follow Amir and watch lots of his games. He would certainly be tested a lot given his team’s defence, that should in turn keep him sharp for TM.

The bad news is if this game is anything to go by we are doomed to be watching lots of poor quality football in this division!
                          sigpic
                          Long Live 3 Rang'e Iran

Comment

Gozaareshgarhaaye Espania daraand az Amir ta'rif mikonand.
                            DROOD BAR AHMAD KASRAVI.

Comment

This might have a shrewd move by Amir. Even on a crap side if he keeps putting in shifts like this la Liga will come knocking

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

Comment

Amir wins and is man of the match per fotmob.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X