No announcement yet.

Amir Abedzadeh @ SD Ponferradina | 2021-2022

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I hope those rumours of Sevilla being interested in him are still there. Amir is getting attention but he needs to stay vigilant and keep working - on what got him to this level.
    "This is a totalitarian system whose presence people feel in their blood and in their flesh on a daily basis. And it’s one that does not grant freedoms of any kind, or accommodate people’s demands in any way. What is increasingly clear is that there is clear demand for change in the regime. What the people want is regime change, and no return to the past. There is a very real possibility of regime change." - Nasrin Sotoudeh

Comment

Originally posted by Iranianarsenal11 View Post
      If anyone thinks Abedzadeh deserves to get benched, I recommend you watch the Japan vs Australia highlights.

Abedzadeh is miles and I mean MILES better than Matthew Ryan. Most overrated keeper in Asia
      I severely disagree that Abedzadeh is 'MILES' better than Matt Ryan.

Australia always had better goalkeepers than Iran and the best in Asia. They are proficient in that department.

Matt Ryan, Mark Schwarzer, Brad Jones, Mitchell Langerak, Danny Vukovic, Mark Bosnich, etc...

Comment

Originally posted by Leicester City View Post
        I severely disagree that Abedzadeh is miles better than Matthew Ryan.
        Australia always had better goalkeepers than Iran and the best in Asia. They are proficient in that department.
        Matt Ryan, Mark Schwarzer, Brad Jones, Mitchell Langerak, Danny Vukovic, Mark Bosnich, etc...
        Matty Ryan has been on the decline for years now he barely ever even plays while Abedz is continuously getting better and better there really is no way to say that Ryan is better at the moment when he is not even playing. He has had a good career but he started to regress at a weird stage of his career and has not turned it around since.

I do agree about their history though they have produced some really good top class keepers for sure
        Team Meli Iran
        Perspolis FC
        Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

Originally posted by Ghermez Agha View Post
          Matty Ryan has been on the decline for years now he barely ever even plays while Abedz is continuously getting better and better there really is no way to say that Ryan is better at the moment when he is not even playing. He has had a good career but he started to regress at a weird stage of his career and has not turned it around since.

I do agree about their history though they have produced some really good top class keepers for sure
          Perhaps, however, that is different from what Brian was alluding to in his initial post. Never mentioned decline in current form or what not and coined it as not only was Abedzadeh better, but ‘MILES’ better.

It was only last season when Abdezadeh managed to fully establish himself as the No.1 goalkeeper at Marítimo over Charles despite previous seasons of rotation, so I'm not sure how someone in that scenario could be 'MIlES' better than Matt Ryan? But to each their own.

Comment

Game has kicked off and Amir is playing.

Live on the Livescores app in the UK.

Comment

Almeria just scored - defence at fault again.

Comment

Not been tested for the 30 mins that I watched. Nothing he could do on goal - cross into the box that the defender kicked too light and it went against the attacker into the bottom corner of the net.
                He had one mix up with his defender - defender headed the ball back and Amir was running out and it led to a corner. From that corner he nearly played the Ponf attacker through On goal with a beautiful quick diagonal kick that went about 60 yards but the defender just about cut it out.

Comment

Calamity of errors for Almerias second goal. Ponf defence doesn’t cut out an easy ball and play it straight to the attacker , ball ends up wide - defence slow to close him down , cross takes a deflection to Arnau who hits it first time into the bottom corner.

Comment

Neither goal Amir's fault.
                    "This is a totalitarian system whose presence people feel in their blood and in their flesh on a daily basis. And it’s one that does not grant freedoms of any kind, or accommodate people’s demands in any way. What is increasingly clear is that there is clear demand for change in the regime. What the people want is regime change, and no return to the past. There is a very real possibility of regime change." - Nasrin Sotoudeh

Comment

Wow with this loss not only are they out of the top 6 for promotion/playoff contention, but with their recent form -- no wins in their last seven matches -- it looks like Amir will have to leave the club to have any hope of playing in La Liga next year.

Comment

Nice save from Amir from a curling shot towards the top right corner.

Comment

Ponf bringing on a player who turns 40 this year and started his professional career in 2000 to win them their game. He is also their top scorer this season.

Comment

Amir turns the attacker , outskills him and he slips over 🙂

Comment

You should see the save Amir pulled off - was beautiful. If that was De Gea they would be raving about it.

Comment

Originally posted by ABalls View Post
                                Wow with this loss not only are they out of the top 6 for promotion/playoff contention, but with their recent form -- no wins in their last seven matches -- it looks like Amir will have to leave the club to have any hope of playing in La Liga next year.
                                Well, that much were always the presumptive conclusions, when he first signed with this whatchoomightcallit no-name , precarious segunda league club..!
                                @ least he got to play 90 game in & out & stay sharp for the upcoming WC, hopefully as our Starting keep..! 🙏

But hopefully he can step up to a La Liga club for next season..!even if its as a an initial back-up role ..!? Or staying put & remaining & regular starter woulnt be such a bad thing for him either with WC looming large in Nov. .!? Probably after a solid WC display, more juicy starter roles may well present itself for him come winter or next summer transfer .!?
                                Ftb playing in a soorakh defensive team aint such a bad thing ..! More practice match for whats likely to happen @ WC in the TM
                                Set-up currently..!

Ps
                                Whatever became of that earlier Valencia interest !? U guys think they may come back for him this summer again !?
                                Whats their current keeper situation!?

Comment

Working...
                                X