Amir Abedzadeh @ SD Ponferradina | 2021-2022

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Realist View Post
    I don’t agree, It’s natural fans’ reaction and expectation that our top keep should step up the progress Lather and join a bigger club and that includes not going to Iran or Qatar, which I agree it would also be a step down.

Look, at the end of the day it’s his choice, life and earning but as fans we are entitled to our opinions and natural “from a small club to a bigger club” expectations of our top notch keep.
    Couldn’t agree more we as fans can definitely have our opinions and I respect yours. It’s just that a lot of comments here are acting like this is some kind of huge downgrade when in reality, if we’re being totally fair, it’s a lateral move with (arguably) more upside than staying in maritimo or liga nos.
    Team Meli Iran
    Perspolis FC
    Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

Originally posted by Ghermez Agha View Post
      Couldn’t agree more we as fans can definitely have our opinions and I respect yours. It’s just that a lot of comments here are acting like this is some kind of huge downgrade when in reality, if we’re being totally fair, it’s a lateral move with (arguably) more upside than staying in maritimo or liga nos.
      Well said and in addition we just don't know the details. There is definitely an element of risk here. I think Amir is mature enough to know what he is getting himself into. It may end up being a great path to La Liga Santander ... and it may end up being a dead end and then he will need to regroup and find a new home.

Go Amir!

Comment

Maybe he got the same agent as Saeed’s ..!? Lol
        Personally feel like he woulda gotten more high level exposure & tougher competition levels extending with Maritomo..!?
        At least he woulda had a chance to duke it out vs couple CL level & couple of other Eu involved clubs & strut his stuff vs them ..!
        Hardly anyone take serious note of players in English championship Che berese Segunda..especially so probably their keepers ..!?
        I assume the pay-package is more lucrative & obviously his number 1 keeper status is virtually guaranteed, & I suppose a bit more exposure to La Liga teams vs staying @ maritomo in liga Nos ..!

Ps
        I think his rather slightly Diminutive stature & general reach n size is probably the biggest knock against him & giving some pause to more serious interests from more formidable EU clubs ..!?

Comment

2+1 contract which benefits him

Comment

Porto subreddit calling him "Neuer against Porto" remembering the 'chip me bro' penalty save against Telles. Lots of them even think he could've transferred to a better team.

Comment

Good move, he can end up in the Primera Division if he plays well. The Segunda Division is naturally well scouted by the Primera Division.

Much better than moving to Slovakia that's for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by Kiarash View Post
                Damn, as a huge fan of Abedzadeh I think this move is really underwhelming. They ended 8th last year and they are a very small club who have no history in LaLiga and played most of their years in the lower tiers of Spanish football. I expected a better club, but I guess his nationality and age isn't in his advantage. I thought he could have done much better but it seems like the big teams in Portugal weren't after him. Good luck to him nonetheless, we will support and follow him wherever he goes and let's hope he reaches his goal (helping this team to promote to highest level).
                disappointing move. I just can't believe that from a transfer-free status and after 2 excellent seasons at the highest level in Portugal, you go to a mid table team from the Spanish 2nd division.

Unlike other forum members, I really don't think the level of 2nd Division of Spain is special (except for 1 or 2 teams).

Expecting an 8th placed, small, 2nd division team to be a stepppingstone towards Primera Division is really far fetched. Only way that will happen is if Abedzadeh plays his best season in his life & this small team he choose plays their best season in their history...
                In a more realistic scenario a top-3 team from the 2nd division recognize his qualities and acquire him, which is still no guarantee for him to get into the Primera Division.

Waste!
                Iran deserves better, TM deserves better.
                O.G from '97 & still here

Comment

He says one step close to my dream on his instagram, it seems he made this move to show himself to get a la liga team or maybe promotoe to la liga with this team.

Why not, Maritimo isnt anything big so maybe he can make it here to a bigger team in 2-3 years, he is still young.

Comment

Originally posted by Mahsaa View Post
                    He says one step close to my dream on his instagram, it seems he made this move to show himself to get a la liga team or maybe promotoe to la liga with this team.
                    Why not, Maritimo isnt anything big so maybe he can make it here to a bigger team in 2-3 years, he is still young.
                    Good for him, that says it all. He has to follow that dream, one step back/sideways 2 steps forward. Im sure he will be in laliga in a few seasons then everyone will praise him for his move.
                    Supporting Team Melli

Comment

Originally posted by Keshwardoost View Post
                      Good for him, that says it all. He has to follow that dream, one step back/sideways 2 steps forward. Im sure he will be in laliga in a few seasons then everyone will praise him for his move.
                      What's amazing is when he was at Orange County SC everyone pretty much wrote him off. Then he went to PP and Rah Ahan, again, people were saying he should hang it up. I appreciate his persistence. I hope he climbs up and makes a name for himself in la liga.

Comment

golbezanpodcast.com
                        twitter.com/GolBezan
                        instagram.com/GolBezan
                        youtube.com/GolBezan

Comment

lol...israeli GK at some third rate scottish teams becomes Free agent, goes to feyenoord (Yes he will probably be second choice, still quite the upgrade for a 31y/o nobody)

Abedzadeh is one of best performing GK in portugal becomes free agent moves to 8th place spanish segunda team.

Agent matters people! Please dont hire your mate from elementary school to represent you...

(BTW this is same agency that represents milad)

Comment

Originally posted by inarsenewetrust View Post

lol...israeli GK at some third rate scottish teams becomes Free agent, goes to feyenoord (Yes he will probably be second choice, still quite the upgrade for a 31y/o nobody)
                            Abedzadeh is one of best performing GK in portugal becomes free agent moves to 8th place spanish segunda team.
                            Agent matters people! Please dont hire your mate from elementary school to represent you...
                            Who is his agent and are you serious or being hyperbolic? Agencies do matter. Also I just think IR Iran has been so stigmatized (rightfully so politically) that it has trickled to our players. Our players are victims in all of this. Our "brand" of being Iranian is weak. Nothing outside their playing on the field should matter, but it does.

After the players we had in Germany, why can't we crack some in the Bundesliga?
                            Last edited by AM_89; 07-09-2021, 05:48 PM. Reason: .

Comment

Originally posted by inarsenewetrust View Post

The Segunda Division gets scouted way more by the Primera Division than the Eredivisie or Belgium or the Scandinavian leagues etc, many players from the Seguna Division end up in the Primera Division. Not to mention the chance of promotion to the Primera Division.

Also important is the fact that the Segunda Division is a stronger league than the Eredivisie except for Ajax and PSV and perhaps AZ as well, i'm not sure about Feyenoord but i doubt they could promote to the Primera Division. Besides, Abedzadeh does not belong in the Eredivisie, it doesn't suit his style, he fits perfectly in Portugal and Spain. Let's wish him good luck instead of criticising his move, he made an excellent choice!

Primera Division, Premier League, Serie A, Bundesliga, Ligue 1, Russian Premier League, Turkish superlig, Championship, Primeira Liga of Portugal, these are the only leagues that are stronger than the Segunda Division, making it the 10th strongest league in Europe, not bad at all!

Comment

Originally posted by Sepehr9 View Post
                                The Segunda Division gets scouted way more by the Primera Division than the Eredivisie or Belgium or the Scandinavian leagues etc, many players from the Seguna Division end up in the Primera Division. Not to mention the chance of promotion to the Primera Division.

Also important is the fact that the Segunda Division is a stronger league than the Eredivisie except for Ajax and PSV and perhaps AZ as well, i'm not sure about Feyenoord but i doubt they could promote to the Primera Division. Besides, Abedzadeh does not belong in the Eredivisie, it doesn't suit his style, he fits perfectly in Portugal and Spain. Let's wish him good luck instead of criticising his move, he made an excellent choice!

Primera Division, Premier League, Serie A, Bundesliga, Ligue 1, Russian Premier League, Turkish superlig, Championship, Primeira Liga of Portugal, these are the only leagues that are stronger than the Segunda Division, making it the 10th strongest league in Europe, not bad at all!
                                I dont disagree with you that this strategy may get him to his goal in the long term. And I also do not disagree that the league in itself is not a bad league, and of the second divisions definitely the best along with english (the technical level is far superior).

I just think given his level in past 2 years and the fact that he was a FREE agent (!) he deserved a better move.

At least he does not need to worry about winning battle for starting spot, etc and gets a move he deserves soon, bc this aint it.

Comment

Working...
                                X