X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Iran_19 View Post
    I don't trust Amir.

Sent from my MAR-LX3A using Tapatalk
    Well then that’s a different story…..some ppl (like you it seems) like Beiro’s TM performances better which I understand. But to say Amir makes basic GK mistakes, especially in comparison to Beiro is factually incorrect.

I hope beiro improves club performances soon otherwise it won’t be much of a competition at all.
    Team Meli Iran
    Perspolis FC
    Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

They both have their flaws. Amir is fundamentally stronger but has issues going for certain types of low shots due to his frame. He is also still not super strong on aerial exits, but improving a lot there.

Beiro is fundamentally weaker, there is a greater chance he gives up stupid PK, goes for catch when he should parry, etc. But obviously his athleticism bails him out a lot if he is in form.

Amir footwork is much stronger than beiro, and currently amir's demeanour is better than beiro. Yes amir had back fuck up vs SK, but the way he responded in the second half after just 15 min break was seriously impressive, the saves early in second half would have been certain goals on a GK with confidence problems following an earlier mistake.

I still think this situation is better than the one heading into 2018. Beiro was giving sooti left and right in the friendlies, mazaheri was the main backup option and abedzadeh was nothing compared to his current self.

Comment

Originally posted by Ghermez Agha View Post
        Well then that’s a different story…..some ppl (like you it seems) like Beiro’s TM performances better which I understand. But to say Amir makes basic GK mistakes, especially in comparison to Beiro is factually incorrect.

I hope beiro improves club performances soon otherwise it won’t be much of a competition at all.
        He is not good on cross
        He is not good on controling his rebounds, actually terrible
        He is not good on judgements and positioning.
        He is really great to distribute the ball though.
        I am not saying Beiro is perfect, no. He is struggling as well. But when he is on his game he give confidence to his D.
        Forget all that, Beiro has tons of experiences,, it will be stupid to give no1 to someone else few months before the WC.
        I know we had Haghighi who became no1 before WC, but he was protected with extremely defensive system to make him look good which is not the case anymore
        I admire his work ethic and determination to find some stability in Europe despite lack of height, talents, etc, but to give him no1 job in WC, Non, Merci !!!

Comment

Seems like we have a big problem, both Abedzadeh and Beiro are no good keepers, too many mistakes.

Comment

Originally posted by ParthianDE View Post
            Neither is flawless. But both are good keepers and take the two first two goalie spots.

For now Abedzadeh is clearly Nr.1 for his steady playing action alone. But let's hope that Beiranvand's situation improves soon. I have not at all written him off yet.

Between now and the world cup, I doubt that someone else would take their places.

So we need to support them both.
            IMO Abedzadeh should be third choice at the moment. Beiranvand and Hosseini are my first two choices at the moment. I hope Hosseini gets playing time in our next friendly game.

Comment

Originally posted by Iran_19 View Post
              He is not good on cross
              He is not good on controling his rebounds, actually terrible
              He is not good on judgements and positioning.
              He is really great to distribute the ball though.
              I am not saying Beiro is perfect, no. He is struggling as well. But when he is on his game he give confidence to his D.
              Forget all that, Beiro has tons of experiences,, it will be stupid to give no1 to someone else few months before the WC.
              I know we had Haghighi who became no1 before WC, but he was protected with extremely defensive system to make him look good which is not the case anymore
              I admire his work ethic and determination to find some stability in Europe despite lack of height, talents, etc, but to give him no1 job in WC, Non, Merci !!!

Yek chizi hast, be nazare man.

TASMIMGIRIYE Beiro BADTAR shode.

Chera? Chon az nazare roohi ravani rikhte be ham dar Europa.

Man fekr mikonam KHODESH HAM fahmide ke sathesh paayintar az on chizi ke fekr mikard ast.

Dar baazi baa Lobnan neshoon daad vaz'esh kharaabe.

Amir daare HAR HAFTE dar yek lige nachandan badi dar Europa baazi mikone, va amaadehtar ast.
              DROOD BAR AHMAD KASRAVI.

Comment

Originally posted by BacheLot View Post
                nice double save on the dangerous counter.... however bit too late to matter in the final scoreline..? these Ponf frontline couldnt score in a brothel..!

that first goal he conceded was understandable but the 2nd was a piss poor mistake ... he shoulda at least had a guy on the near post if was to leave it wide open for shot..!
                I missed the second half of Abedzadeh's game. The second goal in my opinion is not his fault at all. There were two defenders supposed to cover the near post and they failed to clear the ball that just past by them. Definitely not Amir's fault. But of course those who are experts in telling whose fault it was, i.e. the coaches know already.
                هرگاه شما بازیکنی دیدید که از نظر تکنیک و قدرت بدنی فوق العاده است و همیشه یکسان است و تحت هیچ شرایط هیچ افتی ندارد شما یک فوق ستاره پیدا کرده اید در غیر اینصورت شما به یک بازیکن معمولی
                نگاه میکنید.
                sigpic
                I am Persian. I used to rule the world. I will never be subservient to anyone.

Comment

Girona lost today which is good news for Ponf as they stay one point behind the play offs. However Las Palmas won so they moved one point ahead of them on 64 points. Hopefully Oviedo lose too but looks like the last two play off places will be between these 4 teams.

Also I think it shows how well Ponf are doing with their limited resources as all three of those teams are former La Liga teams.

Comment

Amir's rather short height and reach are Still the biggest issues that give me a pause ... especially so in his exits to collect a high ball in traffic .... or high balls served into crowded box full of tall narekhars..!! my biggest fear with him in goal at WC is conceding headers from set pieces sent to our box with dudes towering over him to nod home as he looking helpless to reach those highest to challenge it..!!
                    in most other vital GK attributes he is far superior to Bey in my view ...! especially so temperament, composure, decision making and confidence, distribution (barring long throws, off course ..! )

they both have equally good reactions ... bey's superior size and reach may makes it seem a lot better but they are equally good on that front..!

in terms of leadership and proper communications with our backline, One is too shy/quiet and needs to become more vocal (Amir)... and Bey is way too haphazardly cocky... bitching whining and belittling of his defenders thus making em more nervous and mistake-prone than they already are in vital WC games especially..!

whoever is more game tested/ready and sharp and good confident form and fitness come November should be our starter...!! our 3rd choice options are no choice at all.... we are royally screwed if we had to resort any other keeper at WC.... God forbid..!

Comment

Originally posted by Roozbeh-G2006 View Post
                      I missed the second half of Abedzadeh's game. The second goal in my opinion is not his fault at all. There were two defenders supposed to cover the near post and they failed to clear the ball that just past by them. Definitely not Amir's fault. But of course those who are experts in telling whose fault it was, i.e. the coaches know already.
                      hum... it looked a huge goalkeeping blunder from what i saw ... he shoulda assigned a guy to watch out for near post if he were to leave it so wide open from that FK Spot..!! that seemed a real outa character silly mistake on short 1 time viewing..!!?
                      but i'd have to watch that scene again to better judge the situation ... at that time i kept jumping from Mehdi's game to Amir's and only got a short glimpse of the 2nd goal replay ..!!

Comment

Originally posted by BacheLot View Post
                        hum... it looked a huge goalkeeping blunder from what i saw ... he shoulda assigned a guy to watch out for near post if he were to leave it so wide open from that FK Spot..!! that seemed a real outa character silly mistake on short 1 time viewing..!!?
                        but i'd have to watch that scene again to better judge the situation ... at that time i kept jumping from Mehdi's game to Amir's and only got a short glimpse of the 2nd goal replay ..!!
                        https://media.hamshahrionline.ir/d/2...=1652604178000
                        There are three or at least two players covering the near post. The FK was just very tricky and tbh he spotted that near post being left open and went for it with a curling shot. #9 could have and should have cleared it but just watched it going passed him. But Amir's positioning? I think it was just how the book instructs.
                        هرگاه شما بازیکنی دیدید که از نظر تکنیک و قدرت بدنی فوق العاده است و همیشه یکسان است و تحت هیچ شرایط هیچ افتی ندارد شما یک فوق ستاره پیدا کرده اید در غیر اینصورت شما به یک بازیکن معمولی
                        نگاه میکنید.
                        sigpic
                        I am Persian. I used to rule the world. I will never be subservient to anyone.

Comment

Oviedo game kicks off in 15 minutes against Zaragoza. Come on Zaragoza.

Just looked and Ponf’s last two games are winnable. Las Palmas play Oviedo next round of games which is big positive for Ponf too.

Comment

Oviedo drew which is a good result for Ponf. Only two points separating them in 5th and Ponf in 8th. Two wins from last two games and I think Ponf can get the play offs.

Comment

Originally posted by Roozbeh-G2006 View Post
                              https://media.hamshahrionline.ir/d/2...=1652604178000
                              There are three or at least two players covering the near post. The FK was just very tricky and tbh he spotted that near post being left open and went for it with a curling shot. #9 could have and should have cleared it but just watched it going passed him. But Amir's positioning? I think it was just how the book instructs.
                              nope
                              in such cases its up to keeper to task a defender to be Literally standing against the Near Post covering a possible shot on goal.....! defenders there pretty much assumed amir has that shot covered, thats why they didnt even bother even attempting a clearance of sort..!
                              i can understand Amir's positioning there and possibly even not bothering with assigning a defender to near post but Only if it was an actual CK..!! this was a FK some 3-4 away from byline and 5-7 yards closer to goal, as such it made for rather an easy shot on goal attempt ... especially when the near side angle is wide open for it..!

Comment

Originally posted by pajamNL View Post
                                IF he can promote with this team, offcourse not a bad move. But lets not pretend that we could expect this. Just look up the historical results of his team. they've not any times achieved anything even close to a top listing in the segunda division.
                                All the more excited to see this run, but lets be realistic, the season is still very very long.
                                So what now? He's going to stay another year at a midtable segunda division team?
                                Iran deserves better, TM deserves better.
                                O.G from '97 & still here

Comment

Working...
                                X