No announcement yet.

Amir Abedzadeh @ SD Ponferradina | 2021-2022

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

His athleticism and agility is really top notch. He really does remind me the Oghab at a glance (they have similar attributes, height, stature, playing style, etc.).

Comment

Originally posted by KasraKhan View Post
      His athleticism and agility is really top notch. He really does remind me the Oghab at a glance (they have similar attributes, height, stature, playing style, etc.).
      His dad was taller but he definitely has his dad’s confidence and swagger. Respect.

Comment

Wow, just wow. That was easily the most impressive game of his career…..incredible saves and reflexes. He should definitely be getting the #1 job and to be ready for the WC he needs all the TM games he can get under his belt between now and then. Before this season it was still 50/50 beiro getting the edge bc of his history/experience but at this point in the season, it’s just not a competition anymore and we’re talking about keepers who are playing on 2 different levels. I hope Skocic continues to give Amir some game time
        Team Meli Iran
        Perspolis FC
        Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

He was chosen into the eleven of the matchday.

https://twitter.com/jimmymateos/stat...686983682?s=20

Comment

Originally posted by Nokhodi View Post
            His dad was taller but he definitely has his dad’s confidence and swagger. Respect.
            Frankly, that’s the biggest reason I’ve always preferred him to Bey a guy who tries way too hard to act too cool for school but often comes across too shaky/haphazard performing..!

IMO, besides his long throws & better height & stature, Bey ain’t got shitt on Amir ..!

Comment

They're calling him El Gato Persa or the Persian Cat! He's doing great at Ponferradina. I had hoped those rumors of him moving to Seville were true, but honestly, potentially promoting to La Liga and retaining his role as a starter here is probably an equally strong move (albeit with the big IF of promotion).

I really wanted Beiro to be the guy, and he has had a great run and is much taller to boot, but its time for Amir to take over as #1 for TM unless circumstances change.

Comment

Originally posted by ABalls View Post
                They're calling him El Gato Persa or the Persian Cat! He's doing great at Ponferradina. I had hoped those rumors of him moving to Seville were true, but honestly, potentially promoting to La Liga and retaining his role as a starter here is probably an equally strong move (albeit with the big IF of promotion).

I really wanted Beiro to be the guy, and he has had a great run and is much taller to boot, but its time for Amir to take over as #1 for TM unless circumstances change.
                I rather go with the shorter goalie who has the confidence and nerve, instead of a taller goalie who is lacking confidence and shaky nerves.

Comment

He's been playing abroad as a goalie no less, for more than 6 years now. He's excelled in all the teams he's been.

We need mental prowess in our team, especially on the big stages. I believe he can be that, plus it helps that his goalkeeping is excellent. Beiranvand's story is heart-wrenching, but he found his success and happiness. He shouldn't de-facto be the goalkeeper just based on that.

I don't think Abedzadeh will move to Sevilla in this window, more likely to be snapped up once the season is over if Ponferradina don't get promoted. It'd be a risky move though.
                  Ma Bishomarim

"!خدایا ایستاده مردن را نصبیم کن که از نشسته زیستن در زلت خسته ام"
                  محمد مختاری -

"Lord, let me die standing, as I am tired of living in indignity and on my knees"
                  - Mohammad Mokhtari

Comment

nice article focussing on him + his impact in spain so far by biggest sports newspaper in the country, madrid based AS.

Amir Abedzadeh, the 'Persian cat' that dazzles in Ponferradina

The Iranian goalkeeper was fundamental in Ponferradina's victory in El Alcoraz and this week he will have to concentrate with his team to face Iraq and the United Arab Emirates.

Amir Abedzadeh once again became the savior of Ponferradina , this time with a fundamental performance for the Bercian team to achieve its first victory in El Alcoraz, complemented by two goals from Dani Ojeda. The Iranian goalkeeper prevented Huesca from equalizing on half a dozen occasions with spectacular saves that give a good example of the reflexes possessedby the Deportiva's Persian Cat .

Amir arrived at Ponferradina this summer from the Marítimo of the Portuguese First Division and from the first day Bolo was clear that he was going to be his goalkeeper for the centenary year. The Iranian has started 20 of the 24 league games, missing only the three in which he was called up for his national team and another due to illness.

n fact, Deportivo will not be able to count on him in this week's match against Tenerife, since he will go again with Iran to face Iraq and the United Arab Emirates in their defense of the leadership of their qualifying group for the World Cup in Qatar. .

Coming from a family of soccer players (his father was also a goalkeeper), Amir's career has taken unusual paths, leaving Iran to play in the United States and, after returning to the league in his country, making the leap to Portugal, where he managed to reach the elite before coming to Spain.

Beyond his decisive saves, Amir has earned the affection of the Bercian fans with his sometimes extravagant and always brave outings, which have sometimes cost him a scare, and his affable and fun character off the pitch . The photos of him in the locker room at the end of the games with important victories have become a must with the blue and white fans, who have found in the Iranian one of his idols in a season open to illusion for Ponferradina.

https://as.com/futbol/2022/01/24/seg...64_440033.html

Comment

"This is a totalitarian system whose presence people feel in their blood and in their flesh on a daily basis. And it’s one that does not grant freedoms of any kind, or accommodate people’s demands in any way. What is increasingly clear is that there is clear demand for change in the regime. What the people want is regime change, and no return to the past. There is a very real possibility of regime change." - Nasrin Sotoudeh

Comment

He is truly making his father’s legacy proud. Love it

Comment

They are leading 1-0 vs Tenerife which is in 5th place as they will be at 4th, 3 points short of 2nd place, if they result stand. Will be huge win.

Sent from my MAR-LX3A using Tapatalk

Comment

Damn, they are losing 1-2

Sent from my MAR-LX3A using Tapatalk

Comment

This team is nothing without Amir

Comment

"This is a totalitarian system whose presence people feel in their blood and in their flesh on a daily basis. And it’s one that does not grant freedoms of any kind, or accommodate people’s demands in any way. What is increasingly clear is that there is clear demand for change in the regime. What the people want is regime change, and no return to the past. There is a very real possibility of regime change." - Nasrin Sotoudeh

Comment

Working...
                                X