Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just hope with Taremi, JB, even Sardar aging and they probably have 3 to 4 good years in them, some young kids like Delfi, Yasin, Allahyar, Mohebbi, Hardani take their game to the next level. It probably take another decade or two to have strikers at Sardar or Taremi level but it will be great that some young kids start to step up.

Sent from my MAR-LX3A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Iran_19 View Post
      I just hope with Taremi, JB, even Sardar aging and they probably have 3 to 4 good years in them, some young kids like Delfi, Yasin, Allahyar, Mohebbi, Hardani take their game to the next level. It probably take another decade or two to have strikers at Sardar or Taremi level but it will be great that some young kids start to step up.

is not hope...its a necessity. If that group fail to progress / if TM setup fails to INTEGRATE them then we will see demise of TM in near future.

Comment

Originally posted by inarsenewetrust View Post
        is not hope...its a necessity. If that group fail to progress / if TM setup fails to INTEGRATE them then we will see demise of TM in near future.
        We all know, unfortunately, the young talents out there are not at the same level of JB, Taremi, Sardar, and few others. So lets hope we develop more in next 3 to 4 years.

Comment

I posted in the TM thread about a week ago about this. I worked out the ages of our current squad a few others by the time of 2026 World Cup and nearly everyone is in their 30’s.
          I said to Gol Bezan that it would be a good idea for them to do a podcast on our future team and who will potentially be in our 2026 squad.

Comment

Was highly involved all throughout this match:

- 1:10 had good control of the ball and had a shot which hit the post!

- 1:54 created a opportunity from the wing which found his teammate which his shot went wide

- 2:16 timed his run to perfection to stay onside to register a shot on target

- 3:01 won the ball, then lost possession before he could have a shot a goal

- 4:07 another pass inside the 18

- 5:07 bad miss, if he leveled himself he could have had a goal

- 5:42 GOAL! Nice pass to initiate attack with his teammate, then to finish it cleanly in bottom corner with outside boot. Would have been very unlucky to leave this match without goal/assist!

Comment

Originally posted by Medzdidz View Post
              I posted in the TM thread about a week ago about this. I worked out the ages of our current squad a few others by the time of 2026 World Cup and nearly everyone is in their 30’s.
              I said to Gol Bezan that it would be a good idea for them to do a podcast on our future team and who will potentially be in our 2026 squad.
              Probably from current stars only Azmoun will make it if he keeps his form of course.

Comment

Originally posted by Iran_19 View Post
                We all know, unfortunately, the young talents out there are not at the same level of JB, Taremi, Sardar, and few others. So lets hope we develop more in next 3 to 4 years.

CQ had eye on that with promotion of ARJ, Azmoun, Saeid, Majid, Milad, PAG all fairly early. Amiri was another one of his projects for a long time before he reached 2018 level.

So far I see very little from Skocic in this regard. He made Sadegh and Nour regulars in xi but previously they were already in squads and closing in on xi spots. Little integration of Allahyar, Yasin, Saleh or new midfield solutions to any meaningful mins (Soltanimehr, etc?) and for problem position of left back flip flopped between few young players and eventually no clear option has emerged.

I get he was short term solution and himself has so much pressure to win every game, but short-termist mentality of his is harming the next generation. I doubt he even has any long term plan for it.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by inarsenewetrust View Post
                    CQ had eye on that with promotion of ARJ, Azmoun, Saeid, Majid, Milad, PAG all fairly early. Amiri was another one of his projects for a long time before he reached 2018 level.

So far I see very little from Skocic in this regard. He made Sadegh and Nour regulars in xi but previously they were already in squads and closing in on xi spots. Little integration of Allahyar, Yasin, Saleh or new midfield solutions to any meaningful mins (Soltanimehr, etc?) and for problem position of left back flip flopped between few young players and eventually no clear option has emerged.

I get he was short term solution and himself has so much pressure to win every game, but short-termist mentality of his is harming the next generation. I doubt he even has any long term plan for it.
                    This is an unfair comparison when you consider the length of time involved in the 2 terms.

You say CQ integrated these players “fairly early” but he was in charge for 3 years before the WC in Brazil and he notably didn’t take Azmoun. JB was the only of the players you mention above that was a clear early attempt at developing for the future in that squad.

Skocic is absolutely right to have steadied the ship with the existing successful core and then look to integrate youth once we’ve qualified (which CQ incidentally didn’t do until the AC)

Comment

Originally posted by zereshk-ali View Post
                      This is an unfair comparison when you consider the length of time involved in the 2 terms.

You say CQ integrated these players “fairly early” but he was in charge for 3 years before the WC in Brazil and he notably didn’t take Azmoun. JB was the only of the players you mention above that was a clear early attempt at developing for the future in that squad.

Skocic is absolutely right to have steadied the ship with the existing successful core and then look to integrate youth once we’ve qualified (which CQ incidentally didn’t do until the AC)
                      Leaving azmoun out at the time was hardly “notable”……he was a young talent who was just promoted from Rubin’s youth team to first team and was still a raw talent. He was given a chance and was a part of TM before and after the WC but CQ opted for experience and players who suited the specific tactics of what he wanted in the 3 group games which he said many times so I don’t see how you can’t say he didn’t integrate Sardar just bc he left him out of the tournament. What impact did that have in Sardar’s career?

Also it’s totally unfair for you to say JB is the only player he integrated early. Majid Hosseini and PAG both were lower profile players who were brought into major tournaments used as starters and shined very bright. Saeid Ezi was still in Atlético’s youth system when he was brought in as a 17 or 18 year old too.

Amiri and rezaeian also were low profile guys most ppl didn’t know of. It’s quite a long list of players he introduced that had big positive impacts for TM.
                      Team Meli Iran
                      Perspolis FC
                      Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

You’re missing my point.

Skocic is receiving criticism for not integrating youth, when CQ did not do so in his WC 2014 squad despite having 3 years of qualifying and friendlies ahead of this point.

I mention Azmoun as notable because despite being young and precocious he was already extremely highly regarded at the time (more so than JB) and was then thrown straight into the starting line up ahead of Gucci in the AC just after. This is not a criticism of CQ - he certainly became a lot bolder and progressive with his integration of youth. But it didn’t happen until after 2014 and we need to acknowledge that. And the comparison of the younger players you are mentioning that he integrated does not fit the time line which allows a comparative damning of Skocic.

Comment

His highlights from yesterday. Great game by him. Unlucky not to score a few more, hit post with great curling effort and forced GK into good save as well.

He has a huge ceiling if he stays fit, same level of talent of Allahyar, maybe even more in terms of pure footballing side of things (technique, game IQ, etc)

Comment

Originally posted by zereshk-ali View Post
                            You’re missing my point.

Skocic is receiving criticism for not integrating youth, when CQ did not do so in his WC 2014 squad despite having 3 years of qualifying and friendlies ahead of this point.

I mention Azmoun as notable because despite being young and precocious he was already extremely highly regarded at the time (more so than JB) and was then thrown straight into the starting line up ahead of Gucci in the AC just after. This is not a criticism of CQ - he certainly became a lot bolder and progressive with his integration of youth. But it didn’t happen until after 2014 and we need to acknowledge that. And the comparison of the younger players you are mentioning that he integrated does not fit the time line which allows a comparative damning of Skocic.
                            Sure I agree that’s fair…..esp considering CQs first year or so he wasn’t experimenting much with youth either. As time goes on with Skocic we can evaluate his youth integration more fairly.
                            Team Meli Iran
                            Perspolis FC
                            Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

At 16/17 this kid broke into PGPL and banged in 7 league goals in a campaign. It's unheard of. Don't sleep on it, his potential was ridiculous, not sure what's happened in the land of Sgohcic beside fitness issues but hopefully it at least means he might be given a chance ahead of the likes of Rafiei if he keeps this up.

Comment

Originally posted by Taz View Post
                                At 16/17 this kid broke into PGPL and banged in 7 league goals in a campaign. It's unheard of. Don't sleep on it, his potential was ridiculous, not sure what's happened in the land of Sgohcic beside fitness issues but hopefully it at least means he might be given a chance ahead of the likes of Rafiei if he keeps this up.
                                He is winger, we have plenty
                                Rafiei is CM, it is where we suck, it is reason why at 32 he get invited to TM.

Comment

Working...
                                X