What would be the best final round WCQ group for Iran

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/2022...FC_Third_Round

According to WiKi (I know not 100% reliable), it says all 10 games will be played?
    Or am I interpreting this wrong..

Comment

Originally posted by Keano View Post
      I actually happen to prefer this tournament-alike format as opposed to the long ass traditional way sooo far apart from one game to another. Teams lose their momentums, tactical edge, unity, heat of the games, motivation, harmony etc. Plus there is way less interference with the domestic leagues. Also the travel hazards and fatigues etc. I really hope FIFA decides to keep it this way for the future
      Yes exactly I prefer this too and i beleive the succes of our clubs in acl was because of this format. However there is some issues with this .

- Date and Timing
      - Home and Away Fans
      - weather problems

But in general i prefer this too.

I think right now (in west asia ) only qatar and uae allow fans in stadium.

Comment

Originally posted by IRAN_TILL_I_DIE View Post
        https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/2022...FC_Third_Round

According to WiKi (I know not 100% reliable), it says all 10 games will be played?
        Or am I interpreting this wrong..
        As far as i know All 10 games will be played . But to be honest AFC is in deep shit right now. They have no idea what they gonna do . Hopefully they don't F* up our games again. IFF should already start complaining about bahrain .

Comment

Originally posted by kateb View Post
          Will the 10 games be played consistently
          Like a month tournment play every 3 days.
          Or not consistently?

If is played consistently it will definitely benefit us
          Because we are do deep in every position we be very rested compare to other teams.
          I HOPE ITS CONSISTENTLY
          OR
          ATLEAST PLAY 5 GAMES TAKE BREAK PLAY 5 MATCHES.
          BUT PLAYING 10 STRIGHT MATCH IS TO OUR BENEFIT
          Its not clear how they gonna do it bro. I hope whatever they do, they don't screw us over again! Personally I'm okay with qatar hosting our group games. World class stadiums with world class Cameras.

Comment

Originally posted by milad_b View Post
            Its not clear how they gonna do it bro. I hope whatever they do, they don't screw us over again! Personally I'm okay with qatar hosting our group games. World class stadiums with world class Cameras.
            I think they should have all games in Qatar, it would be a good practice for them and all Asian teams that qualify, not sure if they are able to accommodate all the games though?

Comment

If the games are in a neutral arena, give me Saudi over Iraq. Iraq is a stronger team. This Saudi NT has been pampered so well, it's ridiculous that they played all their WCQ games in Riyadh...

I also couldn't care less about Australia vs South Korea. We can take either team and get 4 points

Then I'd take China over UAE, Oman over Syria, and Vietnam over Lebanon.

Comment

Our group to shine:

Iran, South Korea, Saudi, China, Oman, Vietnam.

I think in this group, we can do damage. The South Korean team is in as much a transition phase as we are. They are high risk to lose points to Saudis and other Arab antics. Oman is going to play Saudi fairly and even nick a draw or surprise win against them. Vietnam is a much trickier team for Saudi because they also play technical. We can dominate Vietnam physically.

Our group of death:

Iran, Australia, Saudi, UAE, Syria, Lebanon.
                Not enough coffee in the world is going to keep you up for our games, and not enough poisonous chemicals are going to keep their players off the grass.

Comment

Friends, does anyone know when the next round will start?

Comment

Apparently games will start in September then go on with 2 matches in September, October, November, January/beginning February, and at last March which would give us time for friendlies in end may/ beginning June , September, and October/beginning November. World Cup begins mid November
                    Honestly our best case scenario of a group is getting Australia(since games may very well be hosted in the Middle East) Iraq( yes they play tough against us but I’d much rather avoid KSA with Skocic just consider the amount of corrupt calls against the Skocic back line of Shoja and Hossein with all the technical Saudi players whom the majority of them have World Cup experience) China (no explanation needed UAE is not a fun time especially with the possibility of them hosting next round) Syria ( Oman has always been tricky and I’d much rather avoid Persian gulf Arab teams even though we tied Syria both times last time but they aren’t as solid as then and their group for this round was a joke tbh) and at last Vietnam( teams of avoidance Japan> Persian Gulf Arabs> northern Arabs> rest of Asia especially like I said earlier if games are to be played in Middle East)

Comment

Worst situation for us is
                      Like this
                      Our group is played un uae
                      Iran
                      S.korea or australia
                      Ksa
                      Uae
                      Oman or syria
                      Lebnon

Best situation is
                      Our group in qatar
                      Iran
                      S.korea or Australia
                      Iraq
                      China
                      Syria or oman
                      Vietnam

Ksa only reason they won today was for lebnon
                      To get in.if theie result effected iran , it would of been adifferent score line.
                      Now lebnon owes ksa a favor which they will return the favor if they are in same group.

Uae if they feel they have nothing to play for
                      They will take ksa side against iran

Syria will take ksa side as well .

Oman because of bronko will take our side by just playing fair lol

Ksa will make trump its new king if thats what it takes to go to an arab hosted world cup.

Comment

I'm happy we won't face Japan. Squad wise they are head and shoulders above other Asian teams including us. Tomiyasu (bullied Azmoun badly at the Asian Cup), Endo (one of the best DMs in Bundesliga), Kamada (5 goals and 15 assists in Bundesliga), Doan (nominated for the best rookie in Bundesliga), Ito (best right winger in Belgium), Minamino, Kubo, Yoshida, Sakai etc. Even their Olympic team almost beat Uruguay at 2019 Copa America.

China shouldn't be underrated. They learned something from Qatar's success and "imported" quality Brazilian and English players. International football is becoming a joke.
                        https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alan_Carvalho
                        https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elkeson
                        https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fernan...rn_March_1993)
                        https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tyias_Browning

Comment

Originally posted by GoIran View Post
                          I'm happy we won't face Japan. Squad wise they are head and shoulders above other Asian teams including us. Tomiyasu (bullied Azmoun badly at the Asian Cup), Endo (one of the best DMs in Bundesliga), Kamada (5 goals and 15 assists in Bundesliga), Doan (nominated for the best rookie in Bundesliga), Ito (best right winger in Belgium), Minamino, Kubo, Yoshida, Sakai etc. Even their Olympic team almost beat Uruguay at 2019 Copa America.

China shouldn't be underrated. They learned something from Qatar's success and "imported" quality Brazilian and English players. International football is becoming a joke.
                          https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alan_Carvalho
                          https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elkeson
                          https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fernan...rn_March_1993)
                          https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tyias_Browning
                          I mean, the only "good ones" are Elkeson and Alan Carvalho. The other two...one has a poor scoring record and the other played 7 games for Everton in 7 years. Then went to Preston, I'm actually surprised that the Chinese are not offended at such a player being naturalized for them. I wager 12/15 IPL Right backs are probably better than him.

Comment

I hope for Australia Would be cool to play them again.
                            sigpic

Comment

For completely selfish (or maybe logical reasons), I am hoping for us to get Australia and for AFC to decide to have all 10 games done in one hit in Australia which is virtually COVID free and September is spring here, very loud and active Iranian crowd so will be like home games!
                              Team faghat PERSPOLIS

Comment

Because we beat them, Iraq lost ranking and are now in Pot 4 and UAE went ahead of them and are now in pot 3. I rather much have UAE in pot 3 than Saudi

Comment

Working...
                                X