• Show
Clear All

Iran
    Australia
    Saudi Arabia - Time to beat these mofos
    China
    oman
    vietnam

People choose iraq while they forget that Iraq is much stronger than saudi . I would rather have saudi because i'm sure we can beat the crap out of them! Also they say that there will be only one hosting country for the group. I think they are talking about either qatar or UAE to be the host of one the groups.

Comment

Originally posted by Keshwardoost View Post
      we cant get them, we are in the same pot.

your post made me remember nekounams goal from that corner against them back in the days, if i remember correctly we won that game 2-1 in the qualifiers
      Wasn't it Hashemian or am I wrong 🤔?
      ما میمیریم میمیریم ایران رو پس میگیریم

Comment

Originally posted by milad_b View Post
        Iran
        Australia
        Saudi Arabia - Time to beat these mofos
        China
        oman
        vietnam

People choose iraq while they forget that Iraq is much stronger than saudi . I would rather have saudi because i'm sure we can beat the crap out of them! Also they say that there will be only one hosting country for the group. I think they are talking about either qatar or UAE to be the host of one the groups.
        If thats the case all game in one country
        We play 10 matches or 5 matches?
        That makes a big difference.
        I think more matches benefit us
        Compare to less matches.
        Ussualy more matches favirs the favorite
        And less matches favir the underdogs.
        In a 5 game qualifying weak countries chances of getting hot or making huge upsets is abig problem.

I hope we play 10 matches

Comment

Originally posted by jack7000 View Post
          Wasn't it Hashemian or am I wrong 🤔?
          Hashemian had a double
          And 8 peopled died that day since over 120k where insude and 40k outside couldnt get in.
          AND BOY I EVEN REMEBER MY KALEH PACHEH I HAD THAT MORNING AS WELL

Comment

Contratulations everyone for a good and timely win.

I drew the following for Round 3. Iran in Group 2. (Not Bad if it happens)
            iran
            Australia
            Iraq
            UAE
            Oman
            Lebanon

Comment

Apologies if someone may have mentioned it somewhere already, but does anyone know when the draw for the next round is? Thanks much.

Comment

Originally posted by P-Rug View Post
                Apologies if someone may have mentioned it somewhere already, but does anyone know when the draw for the next round is? Thanks much.
                The draw for the third round will be held on 1 July 2021

Comment

Originally posted by kateb View Post
                  If thats the case all game in one country
                  We play 10 matches or 5 matches?
                  That makes a big difference.
                  I think more matches benefit us
                  Compare to less matches.
                  Ussualy more matches favirs the favorite
                  And less matches favir the underdogs.
                  In a 5 game qualifying weak countries chances of getting hot or making huge upsets is abig problem.
                  I hope we play 10 matches
                  It will be 10 matches exactly similar to ACL. They are doing it because of Corona.

Some countries such as china, japan, south korea and australia have strict Covid 19 laws. I think they only way to do it fair is to have one country choosen (from non of the teams in the group).

Comment

Kateb

I was in Iran in the Azadi stadium that day , I never forget , 3 days after Nowrooz and there were 120K fans there.
                    Despite the tragedy afet wards , it was a beautiful matchand a great victory for Iran.
                    We will never see that crowd in an Iranian stadium again.

Comment

It will be 10 matches exactly similar to ACL. They are doing it because of Corona.

Some countries such as china, japan, south korea and australia have strict Covid 19 laws. I think they only way to do it fair is to have one country choosen (from non of the teams in the group).
                      Will the 10 games be played consistently
                      Like a month tournment play every 3 days.
                      Or not consistently?

If is played consistently it will definitely benefit us
                      Because we are do deep in every position we be very rested compare to other teams.
                      I HOPE ITS CONSISTENTLY
                      OR
                      ATLEAST PLAY 5 GAMES TAKE BREAK PLAY 5 MATCHES.
                      BUT PLAYING 10 STRIGHT MATCH IS TO OUR BENEFIT

Comment

Has AFC already announced that all the matches will be played in one country due to covid ????
                        That sounds almost impossible.
                        We are talking about 100 matches ??!!

Comment

I just found out that Herve Renard, the ex-coach of Morocco, is now Saudi Arabia's coach. I also watched their highlights against Uzbeks and they look really strong. So it would be good to avoid them but on the other hand it's been a while since we played them and we still need to take revenge on the 1-2 loss in 2009.

Comment

Originally posted by sarbaz View Post
                            Kateb
                            I was in Iran in the Azadi stadium that day , I never forget , 3 days after Nowrooz and there were 120K fans there.
                            Despite the tragedy afet wards , it was a beautiful matchand a great victory for Iran.
                            We will never see that crowd in an Iranian stadium again.
                            That must been experienced of life time.
                            Which forever will have fun looking back.
                            I remember first time i went to azadi in the 80s
                            My head spine when we walked in , its a a crazy atmosphere No wonder azadi is called FIELD OF DEAth among other asian teams. I went to many stadiums since and nothing come close to azadi.

Comment

Originally posted by sarbaz View Post
                              Has AFC already announced that all the matches will be played in one country due to covid ????
                              That sounds almost impossible.
                              We are talking about 100 matches ??!!
                              Its not 100 matches its 30 games for each group. So total of 60 games and if 2 countries choosen then 30 games fo each country. Both UAE and Qatar can maintain the games easily. The only problem is the timing of the games. Teams can do maximum of 5 matches in 3-4 weeks.

So Its Deffo not impossible and to be honest its not clear how they gonna do it. BUT for example Qatar is hosting world cup with fans that consists 64 games. Hosting 1 group won't be a problem for qatar . AFC has anounced that the games start in September 2021 and be finished by March 2022 . So they might do it By 2 Phases .

We have to wait and see how they gonna do it. Its gonna be a hard task to maintain. And to be honest corona and covid in asia is messed up. They can't really do home and away games in some countries!

Comment

I actually happen to prefer this tournament-alike format as opposed to the long ass traditional way sooo far apart from one game to another. Teams lose their momentums, tactical edge, unity, heat of the games, motivation, harmony etc. Plus there is way less interference with the domestic leagues. Also the travel hazards and fatigues etc. I really hope FIFA decides to keep it this way for the future

Comment

Working...
                                X