Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ok, we survived. Now let's bring back CQ.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Damavand View Post
    No the case is very much open. Just because I cannot think of someone, it does not mean he does not exist.
    And it’s the job of IFF to find him, or do whatever it takes to get CQ back.

Button line is, the chances of making the 2nd round at the WC with Skocic is pretty slim, and I and many others are sick and tired of our beloved TM not advancing from the group stage, especially since Japan, S Korea, Australia as well as KSA have already done so.

Heck even N Korea has made it.
    Button line lol cracked me up😂
    You just got Caged
    K.C McElroy's Fan

Comment

Originally posted by CAGE View Post
      Button line lol cracked me up😂
      Glad to have amused you.

Comment

Do we really have the Mean$ to attract Carlito back to the job..?
        im sure he can be talked into taking the job back if we got some 1.5mil a year salary's worth lying around Still in IFF's coffer..?? (off course a great chance of him winning back probably double of his salary in a year with qualification to WC22 & etc anyways..!?)
        last i heard, IFF were broke AF and couldnt even afford to pay back some million$$ in lawsuit judgement to that scandalous lardass Wiltits handed down from FIFA earlier..?

i take CQ over Eskoocher any day but i dont believe we can afford the mean$ to lure him back to his old job and here we go screw over a pretty decent option we have currently with eskoochie man and as always end up with even a riskier option of another inexperienced probably domestic coach..!

my main concerns with Keeping Eskoochie in charge is that ;
        1) he comes across as too much of a "Yes Man" for the obvious reasons, allowing a bunch of rishooz in IFF / domestic club populism dictating or at a very least vastly influencing his call-up lists, preparations schedule for official games, friendlies etc.
        2) i dont really think he is capable of properly assessing the innate qualities of our main squad's footballing pedigree and sensibly field the correct 11 Starters to attain the best chemistry and organization on game days.... too many times he had to resort to his bench to correct the obvious issues with his chosen starting line ups..!
        3) heard legit rumors and I just get the vibes that the Key Players don't quiet rate him overall as a tactician and quality enough of a manager..!! its often that he gets praise from those players who are struggling for form or been on the outside looking in during CQ era that kiss his ass publicly to earn more favorable treatment back from him..??
        4) I honestly could not discern a Clear Tactical Discipline from his TM and a visible and easily discernible Team organization, Strategy or Scheme of play during much of his short tenure so far ..! probably needs more time and games to establish his own unique style of play ..?
        5) his insistence on starting most of our game with the sorta outdated either a flat or diamond midfield 442 .... with both Mehdi and Azmoun working the box and essentially getting in each other's way, and then either switching ? or our players on their own ? alter back to our good ol 433 which comes more natural to them in order to get more flowing football and take care of the business at hand on the pitch..!

on the plus side though, I prefer his calmer, yet confident and demanding Sideline temperament to that of CQ and he has shown to bit better in recognizing issues with his Starting 11 and addressing the problem with sensible substitutions ..! his dedication to his job has been similarly to CQ exemplary too but one would wonder how much of that is due to him getting the very rare chance to coach a top 1-3 team in Asian federation which is mostly well-experienced internationally already, super-talented and fully stacked with his prior flat out subpar for the job Coaching Resume'..!!?

All in All, i just dont think we got the money to get CQ back nor attract other coach's of his caliber and Price and Eskoocher looks the most fitting and safest bet of our other Realistic coaching options!!? he has done well enough in his short stint to fully deserves an extension till end of the next and final round of WCQs and IFF are far more likely to be able to insert a Performance based Demands in his extension contract and he is far more likely to be accepting of a one-sided LOW Figure$ Contract Dissolving Fee$, in case he wets the bed early enough in the next round where we would have to fire him and hire another then to salvage qualification to WC..!!

Comment

Unpopular opinion:
          Stick to Skocic.
          IRI's politics is no different than handling a pressure cooker ..... As the pressure builds up, you slowly let the steam out just a tad bit so that you don't see overflow, and once the pressure from below is less, you put the lid down again and raise the temperature.

Comment

Originally posted by Hosseini View Post
            Why would he not go to Iraq? I hold nothing against him if he goes. A job is a job and if you think you can produce results and do a good job why not

Iraq has some great young talent with Mohanad Ali and others
            We Iranians seem to be like that bad ex... just because he stopped dating us, he can't date anyone else!

Joking aside, if there is a real offer on the table from Iraq with a good compensation package, I see it very likely that he'll take it.

He was always pissed off in Iran about IFF, vatani coaches or the media making negative comments so this would be sweet revenge.

Plus, if there are no other offers on the table and he wants to keep coaching, what other choice will he have?!
            Last edited by Bi-honar; 06-18-2021, 07:07 AM.

Comment

Not to mention Iraq is probably the 5th or 6th best team in Asia. If CQ coached South Africa who are honestly a worse team than Iraq, why wouldn't he become the manager for Iraq?

Football is a business. I'm sure Carlos loved his time in Iran but if he has a chance to bring a team to the world cup why wouldn't he.

Comment

Originally posted by Iranianarsenal11 View Post
                Not to mention Iraq is probably the 5th or 6th best team in Asia. If CQ coached South Africa who are honestly a worse team than Iraq, why wouldn't he become the manager for Iraq?
                Football is a business. I'm sure Carlos loved his time in Iran but if he has a chance to bring a team to the world cup why wouldn't he.
                Iraq 5th or 6th in Asia and better than South Africa? based on what exactly?
                Iran deserves better, TM deserves better.
                O.G from '97 & still here

Comment

Originally posted by pajamNL View Post
                  Iraq 5th or 6th in Asia and better than South Africa? based on what exactly?
                  Iraq is honestly not a bad team. They have a decent amount of good players. They are currently listed at #68 in the FIFA rankings while South Africa is #75. Of course South Africa is historically better though

I think Iraq is top 5-6 in Asia. Clearly you have Japan, Iran, Korea, and Australia who are the clear top 4, but then you have KSA, Qatar, and Iraq as the next best three. I think KSA is very overrated. Qatar has been importing talents and using their facilities to their advantage so they've been playing a lot better recently but I still think Iraq is as good as Qatar.

Anyways just my take, I could be wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Iranianarsenal11 View Post
                    Iraq is honestly not a bad team. They have a decent amount of good players. They are currently listed at #68 in the FIFA rankings while South Africa is #75. Of course South Africa is historically better though

I think Iraq is top 5-6 in Asia. Clearly you have Japan, Iran, Korea, and Australia who are the clear top 4, but then you have KSA, Qatar, and Iraq as the next best three. I think KSA is very overrated. Qatar has been importing talents and using their facilities to their advantage so they've been playing a lot better recently but I still think Iraq is as good as Qatar.

Anyways just my take, I could be wrong.
                    first tier in order:
                    japan iran south korea australia

second tier in order:
                    qatar, saudi arabia, uae/iraq, syria, china, vietnam

Comment

^^ I see them as a darkhorse, who can disrupt a group, but that (normally) also goes for Uzbekistan and maybe even Syria. I think that Qatar, SA are still stronger dan Iraq.

But thats my 2cents
                      Iran deserves better, TM deserves better.
                      O.G from '97 & still here

Comment

There is japan

Then there is
                        Iran
                        S.korea
                        Australia

Qatar
                        Uae
                        Iraq

Comment

carlos back to iran?

https://www.instagram.com/p/CQRGWPuNpPG/

you think this is true?

Comment

Originally posted by AM_89 View Post
                            carlos back to iran?
                            you think this is true?
                            If azizi khadem was one of those guys that liked cq and he is available
                            Anything is possible
                            Cq is perfect
                            And skocic can come back after 2023 ac
                            Till then there is alot of club teams he can stay busy with like TT

Comment

Originally posted by AM_89 View Post
                              carlos back to iran?

you think this is true?
                              YES! SPEAKING IT INTO EXISTENCE!

Again...every day that passes = higher chance. They've probably **at least** reached out to CQ's camp. Probably negotiating.

I may cry from joy if this happens.

Comment

Again i say how unfair would it be if skocic is fired, okay maybe it was clear from day 1 that they said you get a contract for 4 matches, but that seriously doesnt male sense.

Also as much as i love CQ, can didnt he reach his peak with Iran after 8 years, can we expect something new ?

Comment

Working...
                                X