Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ok, we survived. Now let's bring back CQ.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Those who know CQ very well know he is a man of great integrity and honor. While it is true that he needs a coaching job, he is a top class coach that doesn't need to jump on the first train. He is also far too attached to the people of Iran and given the past history with Iraq, it's doubtful that he would take that job.

Comment

Originally posted by kateb View Post
      Why not
      With iraq he can do his system of 4-2-3-1
      Also remeber he is 68 and possibly last wc for him
      He knows iraq and asian soccer
      And for sure challenges are there for him
      1.4th wc in the row
      2. Possibility of playing iran and oman with bronko
      And 2023 asian cup.
      A few things:

1) Team Melli actually played 4-3-3 during CQs era. Not 4-2-3-1. Ando and Nekounam always had a midfielder in front of them but never as high up as our wingers.

2) I doubt CQ has any real need to prove himself versus Branko. Everyone knows those games are ending in flat 1-0 wins for CQ anyway

3) are we going to forget that CQ went scorched earth on Iraq, and the whole doping thing postAC2015?

Comment

Originally posted by subripper View Post
        Those who know CQ very well know he is a man of great integrity and honor. While it is true that he needs a coaching job, he is a top class coach that doesn't need to jump on the first train. He is also far too attached to the people of Iran and given the past history with Iraq, it's doubtful that he would take that job.
        Why would he not go to Iraq? I hold nothing against him if he goes. A job is a job and if you think you can produce results and do a good job why not

Iraq has some great young talent with Mohanad Ali and others

Comment

^^ He won't go because he is too good of a coach to go their
          Iran deserves better, TM deserves better.
          O.G from '97 & still here

Comment

every minute that passes without an announcement that Skocic's contract's been renewed increases the likelihood that the federation's seriously considering other candidates. The job has changed significantly in the last couple weeks. It shifted from (a) suicide mission to try to win 4 tough games in a row to (b) win 5-6 games and go through to the world cup. the TM coaching job just became MUCH more interesting to potential coaches, so the federation may be shopping the momentum TM earned in Bahrain to attract higher-caliber coaches.

I acknowledge that the delay may just be a result of good 'ol fashioned IFF incompetence. But it is odd that Skocic's contract wasn't automatically renewed (and that in interviews, the IFF seemed to skirt around the topic and gave no positive indications). They may just be taking their time, not like Skocic has any leverage here.

PLEASE IFF get this done. this is a win-win for both IFF and CQ. IFF gets the best coach available to the team, CQ gets an easy assignment to drive the Ferrari he built straight to another world cup. very attractive for both sides and if they can get past the bad blood it'd be in everyone's best interest (other than salty PP fans, Arabs, tooleh khers, various other haters, etc.).

If we can't afford CQ, or you don't like his brand of football, or whatever, I at least understand those arguments. But to say that we're somehow obligated to continue on with a 2nd rate, relatively inexperienced European coach that we were literally FORCED to hire from a position of complete desperation is ridiculous to me. Yes, it's not a "good look" to fire a coach who achieved Skocic's results; at the same time you have to consider the circumstances under which we made the hire to begin with. it's not like we took our sweet time to run a calculated, well-funded, confident 3-month global search for a suitable coach.

No. We had our backs to the wall. We'd come off two historically bad BACK TO BACK defeats, fatboy had just abandoned us, we're 3rd in our group, sanctions, coronavirus ravaging Iran and the world, etc etc. Skocic was the bandaid we HAD to slap on during one of our worst periods ever. Now, we've restored normalcy and need to think about what's best for team melli. not what's best for some strange misplaced sense of honor and duty to a coach who did a great job under these circumstances but (let's be honest) is not at the caliber of a world cup national team coach. If we were to qualify to Qatar, Skocic would be one of the 2-3 least qualified coaches at the world cup (if not THE least qualified).

Whether they bring on CQ or not, I'd put it at over a 50% chance that they replace him. Either in the next couple of weeks or at the first moment of adversity for TM in the next round.

Look at Taremi's comment from earlier today, praising CQ and crediting CQ's 8 years of hard work and passion for our latest results (truthfully, I found it disrespectful to Skocic...). My gut is that a team leader doesn't make a controversial statement like this unless he knows something we don't.

If I'm betting, I'm betting that CQ's coming back.

Comment

Im glad it wasn't only me that thought Taremis comments were disrespectful to skocic and discredited his work to bring us through to the next stage

Comment

Originally posted by pajamNL View Post
                ^^ He won't go because he is too good of a coach to go their
                Daghighan hamin.

CQ negaahi be teame Eraagh mikone va mige: "No, De qualquer modo, obrigado".
                DROOD BAR AHMAD KASRAVI.

Comment

This is no FIFA or Championship Manager, this real life and real people.

It doesn't even matter if the current trainer is good or bad. You can't replace someone who has a perfect score so far, can you?

I work in sales myself. Suppose I hire a young, inexperienced employee. One who has not yet completed his education.
                  In a kind of blind panic due to lack of better candidates at the time, I decide to hire him.
                  This employee then achieves a very high conversion with new business acquisition, is always punctual, does not actually do anything wrong.

Still, I decide not to extend his temporary contract, because a number of great projects are coming up and I see the opportunity to contract an experienced sales employee.

What kind of manager am I then? Good or bad?

Comment

Originally posted by pajamNL View Post
                    This is no FIFA or Championship Manager, this real life and real people.

It doesn't even matter if the current trainer is good or bad. You can't replace someone who has a perfect score so far, can you?

I work in sales myself. Suppose I hire a young, inexperienced employee. One who has not yet completed his education.
                    In a kind of blind panic due to lack of better candidates at the time, I decide to hire him.
                    This employee then achieves a very high conversion with new business acquisition, is always punctual, does not actually do anything wrong.

Still, I decide not to extend his temporary contract, because a number of great projects are coming up and I see the opportunity to contract an experienced sales employee.

What kind of manager am I then? Good or bad?
                    You would be a great manager, one that knows how to handle risk. You would give him a bonus for his hard work, write him an excellent reference letter and have his back and be his mentor for however long need be. Heck, you might even offer him a new contract, but you certainly wouldn't put him on something way above his pay grade. If you did, you would not be a good manager, but a reckless one who would not only jeopardize the firm's earnings and reputation, but the very employee's future you adore and want to help.

Comment

Originally posted by Rezzy View Post
                      Im glad it wasn't only me that thought Taremis comments were disrespectful to skocic and discredited his work to bring us through to the next stage

which comment ??????????????

Comment

Originally posted by Lorestani View Post
                        You would be a great manager, one that knows how to handle risk. You would give him a bonus for his hard work, write him an excellent reference letter and have his back and be his mentor for however long need be. Heck, you might even offer him a new contract, but you certainly wouldn't put him on something way above his pay grade. If you did, you would not be a good manager, but a reckless one who would not only jeopardize the firm's earnings and reputation, but the very employee's future you adore and want to help.
                        you are twisting my hypothesis very much to prove your view; bon appetit then?

Comment

link?

Comment

Originally posted by Mahsaa View Post
                            which comment ??????????????
                            https://twitter.com/PersianFutbol/st...449693186?s=20

Comment

WOWwww
                              The good you are seeing now are from the fruits of Carlos Queiroz’s dedicated work and passion. It was 8 years of hard work that got us here. This is no accident.” - Mehdi Taremi
                              Mehdi praises
                              @Carlos_Queiroz
                              after Iran secures qualification into the final round of #WCQ2022.

But im unsure about the source !? And i cant really imagine that in public !?

Comment

Originally posted by OFFSIDE_1 View Post
                                Well, then case closed.
                                Yes, we would all like to have a world-class coach, but it is what it is.
                                No the case is very much open. Just because I cannot think of someone, it does not mean he does not exist.
                                And it’s the job of IFF to find him, or do whatever it takes to get CQ back.

Bottom line is, the chances of making the 2nd round at the WC with Skocic is pretty slim, and I and many others are sick and tired of our beloved TM not advancing from the group stage, especially since Japan, S Korea, Australia as well as KSA have already done so.

Heck even N Korea has made it.

Comment

Working...
                                X