Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ok, we survived. Now let's bring back CQ.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by inarsenewetrust View Post
    Change in results for sure buddy. 4 pts is our record point achieved in a WC.
    Two world cups with CQ, the first one TM ended up with one point, and the second with 4 points indeed but the win against Morocco was really lucky (with an own goal) and Beiranvand saved our asses, it should have been a win for Morocco or at the very least a draw, they where the better side and we where parking the bus. Anyway, what matters is two world cup participations with two first round exits, two Asian cup participations and one quarter final exit and one semi final where TM got smashed by Japan.

I think we should aim higher which is actually winning the Asian cup and qualifying for the second round of the world cup (it's going to be our 6th world cup in 2022). Any coach who cannot deliver these two goals or at the very least one of these two goals should be fired.

Comment

Originally posted by kian_khosh View Post
      lets be honest here, our win vs morocco was so lucky
      So. And our loss to Spain was unlucky. Even against argentina we were unliky with potential penalties not given.

Comment

Originally posted by Omids View Post
        So. And our loss to Spain was unlucky. Even against argentina we were unliky with potential penalties not given.
        Cant compare it, we played anti football vs morroco

Comment

Originally posted by Mahsaa View Post
          Cant compare it, we played anti football vs morroco
          Absolutely not. Anti-football is playing for the 0-0 itself.

The plan was to exhaust Morocco's options and nick a goal what the English love to refer as a Smash and grab. After the 75th minute, Morocco was completely out of options/ideas.

If you watch the games Morocco played vs Spain/Portugal, Portugal played real anti-football vs Morocco after their early goal and Spain lucked out with a shady European favored VAR call to equalize.

Comment

say what you want, in eyes of world we had a respectable performance.

every single person I spoke to after WC was so impressed with our teams grit, discipline, and ability to make life hell for our opponents. I guess in previous times people were more impressed by also not winning Asian Cup for 40 years or drawing Angola and losing to mexico.

We had a distinguishable style even if you didnt think it was attacking enough or didnt get us through a group of Portugal, Spain and Morocco and thus can only be labelled as a failure. And the team was getting progressively better and better. One thing is for sure, the CQ replacements are not as qualified, didnt perform any better at all (Skocic jury is still out, I dont expect an undefeated WCQ), and do not have the same confidence of the squad.

Comment

Okay. It's settled now. CQ didn't "sell Iran out", "line his pockets", "disgrace his legacy", or "slap Iranian fans in the face", etc. For all we know, Iraq used CQ to get a better/quicker deal with Advocaat. I don't put any weight in any of the reports that came out of Iraq about the extent of the negotiations or the imminent signing of CQ. Their sports media could be as bad (if not worse) than Iranian sports media.

Comment

Working...
              X