Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ok, we survived. Now let's bring back CQ.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by inarsenewetrust View Post
    I don’t think that’s necessarily true. Bagheri and hashemian could easily be retained

I also don’t think branko is an option when you already have skocic lol. All these croat coaches (branko, skocic, dalic) are all basically a similar level. Dalic went to a wc final but before that his biggest achievements were coaching al hilal and al ain. They all play a similar style and have some similar characteristics, so would be dumb to throw away the cheapest, least hashieh, currently successful one for another that would bring more drama and in best case scenario similar level of coaching.

In short, if we are to actually replace skocic, the guy probably needs to be somebody around CQ level (I don’t see IFF going for a younger club coach that would probably require too much research and be a gamble in itself) and the only person around CQ level that would accept iran job is CQ himself
    I think the bronko of 2006 is very different of bronko of 2021.
    As skocic is known to be bronko son and yes very similar style
    BUT
    BRONKO IS gooorgheh baroon dideh hastesh
    As skovic still dont know how we bounce back lets say losing a crucial game.
    Bronko has the experience which what is necessary in the next round as things will get difficult as usual.
    Bagheri and hashemian both love bronko .
    And bronko has an unfinished bussiness with us
    Winning the 2023 asian cup and he will be hungry to prove cq wrong.
    Skovic with this new experience will be back to the league as possible teraktoor sazi coach then can possibly take over tm either after asian cup 2023.

We shall see as iff need to make a fast decision
    And if is skocic will suppprt 100%

Comment

Yah no thanks. Cq is the past (thank god). 8 years was plenty and now we need an offensive minded coach. Besides we can always apply CQ tactic if we want. Lets face it we do not need CQ to apply his tactics. We can simply ask Taremi and Azmoun to come back in our box and defend defend defend. We can also stack up the midfield with 5 defensive mids and ask them to pressure the ball in our on half and kick it down to Sardar for a 50 meter sprint. The good thing about CQ is that he thought us we do not need tactics to defend and we can do so by simply putting on all defensive players and giving our forwards defensive roles in our box. Of course this is not recommended as it only got us a near 60% win rate (in Asia) and did not help us actually beat anyone of value but merely got us the claim that we were not embarrassed by losing 6-0 to Argentina which of course has not happened before that either. The genius of CQ is that we can all be CQ.

Comment

I don’t think that’s necessarily true. Bagheri and hashemian could easily be retained

I also don’t think branko is an option when you already have skocic lol. All these croat coaches (branko, skocic, dalic) are all basically a similar level. Dalic went to a wc final but before that his biggest achievements were coaching al hilal and al ain. They all play a similar style and have some similar characteristics, so would be dumb to throw away the cheapest, least hashieh, currently successful one for another that would bring more drama and in best case scenario similar level of coaching.

In short, if we are to actually replace skocic, the guy probably needs to be somebody around CQ level (I don’t see IFF going for a younger club coach that would probably require too much research and be a gamble in itself) and the only person around CQ level that would accept Iran job is CQ himself
        People keep saying at the level of CQ. I am confused do you mean as assistant coach? Because as a senior's head coach his level was getting fired from UAE, Colombia and Portugal not winning anything and continuing to do so in Iran. I would hire CQ for our Olympics team. I think he can qualify us after such a long time and he has shown to be successful with youth. Of course if he did not win anything in Asia I would fire him even if he made the Olympics.

Comment

Dragan did a great job!! Excellent! now we are going into the final round. We must not forget Carlos he did an excellent Job at World Cup 2018! I wonder if Dragan can do better?

Comment

Skocic is 7-0-0, seems to have the support of the players to an extent, and is 4-0-0 is WCQ, all which were do or die.

Yes, the team needs to play better, particularly on the defensive side with coordination, and in building up passing, but Skocic has proven to be the right man for the right time.

Additionally, the next round of WCQ start in two months and we may not have friendlies before then. This is a TERRIBLE time to change, and to change a winning coach at that!

DRAGAN SKOCIC, you're our man!

Comment

Feels like some of us are addicted to CQ. He did what he could with a huge amount of time. Some good some not so good memories...Let Iraq have CQ...apparently they are keen on him. If CQ is not good enough for Colombia then he is not good enough for TM. Always look to those with success or more success than you not those weaker than yourself.

Not saying Skocic is the man for the job but right now he has proven to be capable...perhaps he continues to earn his worth but going backwards is not the answer if we want progress.

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk
              Remember RESPECT BEGETS RESPECT & Zob Ahan

Comment

Originally posted by O-ZoNe View Post
                Feels like some of us are addicted to CQ. He did what he could with a huge amount of time. Some good some not so good memories...Let Iraq have CQ...apparently they are keen on him. If CQ is not good enough for Colombia then he is not good enough for TM. Always look to those with success or more success than you not those weaker than yourself.

Not saying Skocic is the man for the job but right now he has proven to be capable...perhaps he continues to earn his worth but going backwards is not the answer if we want progress.

So Iran > Colombia in footballing terms? News to me.

Comment

Originally posted by KasraKhan View Post
                  So Iran > Colombia in footballing terms? News to me.
                  No but we should aspire to be better and if not the best. Do you want to play up to the best or down to the weakest? Let's have a winners mentality for once!

Comment

credit to sko for getting us over the line however in any other WCQ year these are easy games with our calibre of squad we should be winning anyway

7 games do we have an basis to understand what the identity, exact formation, or seen the 100% correct line ups? Do we really trust this person to out whit australia and strong opponents in the next round?

Bosnia didnt have a full team at all, uzbeks are not exactly Asian heavyweights also

Comment

there is a phenomenon called self fulfilling prophecy: CQ will comeback.

Comment

Originally posted by Ari View Post
                        there is a phenomenon called self fulfilling prophecy: CQ will comeback.
                        Definition of insanity is doing the same thing repeatedly and expecting a different outcome...according to Einstein hope CQ stays as far away from TM as humanly possible or else may God help us all.

Comment

Originally posted by O-ZoNe View Post
                          Definition of insanity is doing the same thing repeatedly and expecting a different outcome...according to Einstein hope CQ stays as far away from TM as humanly possible or else may God help us all.

It's not insanity because we'd be lucky to continue the progress that CQ initiated... We've never had this many legionnaires in Europe and it's without a doubt thanks to CQ. Having had a coach who clearly preferred and pushed players to go to Europe and had connections was already pretty good. This talented crop is not exactly a coincidence.

Comment

Perhaps the Iranian coaches stick around but the head coach basically picks his staff. The foreign coaches Skokic brought in go

In short, if we are to actually replace skocic, the guy probably needs to be somebody around CQ level (I don’t see IFF going for a younger club coach that would probably require too much research and be a gamble in itself) and the only person around CQ level that would accept iran job is CQ himself

Comment

Originally posted by Futbolista View Post
                              It's not insanity because we'd be lucky to continue the progress that CQ initiated... We've never had this many legionnaires in Europe and it's without a doubt thanks to CQ. Having had a coach who clearly preferred and pushed players to go to Europe and had connections was already pretty good. This talented crop is not exactly a coincidence.
                              Agreed. But I think we maxed CQ out. While this aspect was great his TM track record was average at best given his enormous salary. He also burned a lot of bridges in terms of TM personnel, some of which he hand chose, quitting etc. 2 WC both first round exits and nothing from Asia doesn't really warrant a new contract...at least not matching CQs previous ones with TM.

Comment

The passage of time may blur people's recollection of the past which is why it's absolutely vital we shut down any kind of anti-CQ talk before it has an opportunity to grow and affect people's perceptions, particularly for future generations. It's dangerous and is why we need that solid gold statue ASAP.

Misinformation campaigns will fail, even if I have to shed blood as a martyr.

Comment

Working...
                                X